There speaks the voice of experience 😄
God I hate this league.

#42 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

View Posth again, on 18 October 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

Once and for all - I was new to the Board and asked the Mods if you were mentally stable enough for me to argue with, your conduct at that time being enough to make anybody wonder, and I didn't want to make your situation worse.
As far as I recall, the Mods at the time didn't reply. If you want them to publish my communication now it's fine by me, but stop trying to turn what was basically a kindly act into a complaint. If I was the least bit disturbed by your or anybody else's abuse I'd have been on to the Mods hundreds of times, because abuse is about the sum total of your knowledge or ability.

Another lie, you wasn’t new to the board.

You used the previous message board, the old dark blue one and previous to that the one that was just a text window.
A new hope.

#43 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 19 October 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Another lie, you wasn’t new to the board.

You used the previous message board, the old dark blue one and previous to that the one that was just a text window.

I rest my case
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#44 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 18 October 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Mick, will you once and for all respond to the many questions asking you about Chris Turner running rings around the accountants on here and admit you were wrong? You can do it, don’t be afraid to apologise to these people!

No apologies I'm afraid. Until somebody tells me, with paperwork, where all the huge sum of money from cup runs, Wembley visits, and particularly large transfer fees went, I'll keep an open mind on the doings of the club management at that time.
Chris Turner knew the answer, we don't. You figure it out.
When he finally got the bullet a good while after I posted he'd had a very profitable time at CFC, with a CEO salary, bonuses and a healthy slice of transfer payments that were huge for a club like ours - all according to people on here, of course, I'm not privy to such natters. We'd got a failing club in return.

#45 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

View Posth again, on 19 October 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

No apologies I'm afraid. Until somebody tells me, with paperwork, where all the huge sum of money from cup runs, Wembley visits, and particularly large transfer fees went, I'll keep an open mind on the doings of the club management at that time.
When he finally got the bullet a good while after I posted he'd had a very profitable time at CFC, with a CEO salary, bonuses and a healthy slice of transfer payments that were huge for a club like ours - all according to people on here, of course, I'm not privy to such natters. We'd got a failing club in return.

So given this statement, do you think he did a good job as CEO?

#46 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 18 October 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

Ah but it's beyond your comprehension.

I assume this response is meant to indicate that you and Warf are somehow pals in real life.

With friends like him.....

#47 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

View Posth again, on 19 October 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

Ah so the way he "ran rings around some posters" isn't how he was running a well oiled ship at the time, which is certainly what you meant at the time, it's because he appears to have done quite nicely for himself from his tenure here..Christ you couldn't make it up!
East stand second class citizen.

#48 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 19 October 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

I assume this response is meant to indicate that you and Warf are somehow pals in real life.

With friends like him.....

Dave has his faults,as we all do.

I've known him since the late 1960s and been far and wide with him,good times,bad times.

A good number of posters on here have known him a long time also including Dave in football heaven.

I don't condone a lot of Dave's remarks,particularly his constant use of sexual innuendo.

However he's currently not even posting on here,so how about folks now stop the witch hunt and let's get on with discussing things related to CFC,etc.

Yes,I do class him as a good friend before you ask.

#49 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 19 October 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

I've known him since the late 1960s and been far and wide with him,good times,bad times.

A good number of posters on here have known him a long time also including Dave in football heaven.

I don't condone a lot of Dave's remarks,particularly his constant use of sexual innuendo.

However he's currently not even posting on here,so how about folks now stop the witch hunt and let's get on with discussing things related to CFC,etc.

I think that's a good comment, he's not here so give him a break.

#50 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 19 October 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Fair enough Nige, I don't know the history of all the old folks who post on here. There was some very strange 'banter' between Warf and DIFH at times!

#51 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 19 October 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Fair enough Nige, I don't know the history of all the old folks who post on here. There was some very strange 'banter' between Warf and DIFH at times!

Perhaps if you don't know the history it would be wise not to try and stir it.

I concur with everything Nige says
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#52 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 19 October 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

We prefer "the more senior" or "elder statesmen" rather than "old folks" please. :D

#53 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 19 October 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

Perhaps if you don't know the history it would be wise not to try and stir it.

I concur with everything Nige says

Another Warfey apologist crawling out the woodwork. He's lucky to have such loyal comrades.

#54 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 19 October 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Another Warfey apologist crawling out the woodwork. He's lucky to have such loyal comrades.

That's fighting talk just be aware our zimmers are more dangerous than the old silver boots (not that I ever had any, more of a desert boot man) used to be.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#55 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 19 October 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

So given this statement, do you think he did a good job as CEO?

"We got a failing club in return".

Does that suggest I think he did a good job? Of course he didn't. There was good and bad, especially at the start, but the end result was a club on the downward path. What I'd like to know, as I wanted to know years ago, is where the money went. If we don't know that, we don't know nuffin'.

#56 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 October 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

Ah so the way he "ran rings around some posters" isn't how he was running a well oiled ship at the time, which is certainly what you meant at the time, it's because he appears to have done quite nicely for himself from his tenure here..Christ you couldn't make it up!

Thank you for telling me what I meant. You're completely wrong, but what's new?

#57 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

View Posth again, on 19 October 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Thank you for telling me what I meant. You're completely wrong, but what's new?

I think that's another lie, but we're getting used to them now!

#58 User is offline   The Rev. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Writer; Football: Boxing: Supporting the Spireites.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Perhaps we'd all be better off following the old adage..."If you can't say something good about someone, keep your mouth shut" - saves a lot of angst!

#59 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

View PostSaltergateBlue01222, on 19 October 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

Perhaps we'd all be better off following the old adage..."If you can't say something good about someone, keep your mouth shut" - saves a lot of angst!

Well that's just plain daft isn't it, besides all that, he doesn't post on here anymore so maybe people should just lay off him.
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#60 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

View Posth again, on 19 October 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

"We got a failing club in return".

Does that suggest I think he did a good job? Of course he didn't. There was good and bad, especially at the start, but the end result was a club on the downward path. What I'd like to know, as I wanted to know years ago, is where the money went. If we don't know that, we don't know nuffin'.

You're either a pathological hypocrite, have a cynically selective memory or are on a trolling wind-up.

You reported 'Fishini', abused the Mod's traditional impartiality by denying it, only for them to confirm that's exactly what you'd done. Then the bloke who's criticised others for questioning folks' sanity tried to squirm his way out of it by saying he'd...questioned someone's sanity.

Not abused anyone? Nah, only slandered more or less every 'BB' member, players past and present, not to mention accusing Paul Cook of plotting against CFC whilst still on the payroll.

Turner did 'good and bad'? Well that's a pretty pathetic, though entirely predictable attempt to rewrite history. Reproduce one post, just one single post where you ever criticised the ex CEO. As opposed to the plethora of sneering, jeering taunts levelled at those narrating his well documented failings. Those you sarcastically dubbed 'high flying accountants' supposedly 'in the dark' and being 'run rings 'round'. And of course you've repeatedly ducked and dodged references to the issues leading to his eventual exit.

As for 'where the money went' you recently snubbed the latest in a long line of friendly invitations to share information. It's not that you don't know, you don't want to know. Because what you do know is that the moment you sit down with any 'high flying accountants' they'll bring all your years of scornful denial crashing down around you.

Infact they might even reveal your 'True' identity...eh, Mick?

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 19 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users