• You cannot reply to this topic

Players Privacy

#1 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:cfc thats all

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

After the match Saturday, I went to the railway station at town to get a train to york. I was sat on a seat on the station waiting, when gary Roberts along with his daughter I presume and maybe his mum sat directly next to me. Some of the other town players were on the opposite platform going south. Evatt and tendayi was there. I nodded to gary and he nodded back. Then a few seats up a town fan spoke to gary and then asked Gary for a selfie with him. Gary had no problems and duly did the selfie thing. He does seem a genuine guy.
Then after that Gary must have been doing skype with his wife and his family were all talking together when this town fan started taking pictures of Gary and his family doing skype. Why?
Then as the town fan was getting on the train he constantly took photos of Gary. This town fan wasn't a youngster either.

Does that sound normal behaviour for fans to you?
Non league refs WOW

#2 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

Normal for some people maybe, but sounds like extremely bad manners to me.

#3 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:11 AM

I'm sure it wouldnt have bothered him, he's our best player, fans favourite and he knows it

This post has been edited by lindo-spireite: 27 April 2015 - 06:11 AM

Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#4 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 27 April 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

Normal for some people maybe, but sounds like extremely bad manners to me.

I thought the same. It was the taking of pictures right next to Gary and his families faces while doing Skype which made me squirm.

View Postlindo-spireite, on 27 April 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

I'm sure it wouldnt have bothered him, he's our best player, fans favourite and he knows it

He looked exasperated at the end of it all but yes he is a fans favourite.
Non league refs WOW

#5 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:28 AM

Fame, fame fatal fame

#6 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:34 AM

Tune. I shall get that for the car now.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 27 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

#7 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostTorto coruchéu, on 27 April 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

I thought the same. It was the taking of pictures right next to Gary and his families faces while doing Skype which made me squirm.

He looked exasperated at the end of it all but yes he is a fans favourite.

We saw Johny Vegas on the South pier at Blackpool at Cpl of years ago, he was walking around with what I asume were his two daughters, the missus asked if he would have his pic done with my son, which he agreed to. A short while later we were sat near him in a cafe/bar on the pier. The wife felt a bit guilty about bothering for a pic him while with his family and went to apologise, he said no worries luv, at least you asked!. Winds him up when folk take pics when he's with his family without even having the decency to ask him.
East stand second class citizen.

#8 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 27 April 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

We saw Johny Vegas on the South pier at Blackpool at Cpl of years ago, he was walking around with what I asume were his two daughters, the missus asked if he would have his pic done with my son, which he agreed to. A short while later we were sat near him in a cafe/bar on the pier. The wife felt a bit guilty about bothering for a pic him while with his family and went to apologise, he said no worries luv, at least you asked!. Winds him up when folk take pics when he's with his family without even having the decency to ask him.

That's good manners as I see it. At no point did you overstep the mark as I see it. Your story reminds me of the time I was travelling back from Florida years ago. The plane had been delayed 12 hours before we set off and everybody was not in the best mood. Anyway it was about half way home in the early hours when a dischevelled looking Bobby ball appeared through the curtains from first class. He had stepped just a few yards when somebody shouted rock on Tommy. Tommy looked at him and told him to bunkum off. 😀
Non league refs WOW

#9 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostTorto coruchéu, on 27 April 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

That's good manners as I see it. At no point did you overstep the mark as I see it. Your story reminds me of the time I was travelling back from Florida years ago. The plane had been delayed 12 hours before we set off and everybody was not in the best mood. Anyway it was about half way home in the early hours when a dischevelled looking Bobby ball appeared through the curtains from first class. He had stepped just a few yards when somebody shouted rock on Tommy. Tommy looked at him and told him to bunkum off. 😀

I've read Richard (Victor Meldew) Wilson does something similar when people shout 'I don't believe it' at him
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#10 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

He was always great at the one-liners

#11 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 27 April 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

I've read Richard (Victor Meldew) Wilson does something similar when people shout 'I don't believe it' at him

Yeah, watch father ted for his reaction.
Here we go again!

#12 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

That's good manners as I see it. At no point did you overstep the mark as I see it. Your story reminds me of the time I was travelling back from Florida years ago. The plane had been delayed 12 hours before we set off and everybody was not in the best mood. Anyway it was about half way home in the early hours when a dischevelled looking Bobby ball appeared through the curtains from first class. He had stepped just a few yards when somebody shouted rock on Tommy. Tommy looked at him and told him to bunkum off. ��

I don't think Cannon and Ball have ever been good at that sort of thing and always used to sneak out of the back door to avoid the crowds waiting for autographs... These days they don't even get as many folk paying to watch their gigs as they used to have hanging around wanting the autographs :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 27 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

#notapennymore

#13 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

View PostTrigger (not the freak), on 27 April 2015 - 02:03 PM, said:

Yeah, watch father ted for his reaction.

Great episode. "I don't believe it, Ted"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users