Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Well Done Eoin Doyle - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Well Done Eoin Doyle

#21 User is offline   Paragon of Virtue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

View Postbrianclose, on 27 April 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

About 2 or 3 wasn't it?

#22 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

You are entitled to think cluclas is a better player but thats not the point doyle and cluclas in the same side is better than cluclas banks / cluclas gardner..doyle leaving did not make us better it made us worse we did not get more points per game because doyle left and the only reason cluclas played up top
Was because cook signed 2 more rubbish strikers to go with the other rubbish striker he had left
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#23 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 27 April 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

Love a bit of positive spin.

Selling the country's top goal scorer increases your chances of promotion.

Most of us can see that we'd almost certainly have been in an even higher position WITH the country's leading goalscorer, but then most of us aren't called Dim are we!😂

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 27 April 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

Love a bit of positive spin.

Selling the country's top goal scorer increases your chances of promotion.

Most of us can see that we'd almost certainly have been in an even higher position WITH the country's leading goalscorer, but then most of us aren't called Dim are we!😂

#24 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostErwan dsihounou, on 27 April 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

You are entitled to think cluclas is a better player but thats not the point doyle and cluclas in the same side is better than cluclas banks / cluclas gardner..doyle leaving did not make us better it made us worse we did not get more points per game because doyle left and the only reason cluclas played up top
Was because cook signed 2 more rubbish strikers to go with the other rubbish striker he had left

Step forward all those who used their vast knowledge of the game to rant that Doyle was essential for a play off push, and now need to come up with summat like the above to save face.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#25 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 April 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Step forward all those who used their vast knowledge of the game to rant that Doyle was essential for a play off push, and now need to come up with summat like the above to save face.

Shall i send a nurse round for you...you sound unwell?

Doyle was essential for a play off place ..20 plus goals 9 assists say he was pinnacle to a play off place
Anybody who yhinks we are now a better side based on some contrived together stats needs sectioning.

This post has been edited by Erwan dsihounou: 27 April 2015 - 12:11 PM

ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#26 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostErwan dsihounou, on 27 April 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Shall i send a nurse round for you...you sound unwell?

Doyle was essential for a play off place ..20 plus goals 9 assists say he was pinnacle to a play off place
Anybody who yhinks we are now a better side based on some contrived together stats needs sectioning.

Good try. You said, in black and white, that we had no chance of a playoff place without Doyle. Now that's what I call using contrived statistics, or did you use some other method of coming to that conclusion?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#27 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

The simple fact is that we have made the playoffs without Doyle, despite some very harsh words from some quarters when he left (he did want to go didn't he?). No doubt if we don't go up people will go back to it being because we sold Doyle but the reality is that he's played his part, and we got over the first line without him.
I think folk need to move out of the past on this one, he's gone and we're in the playoffs we finished that part of the job without him.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#28 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

Being devils advocate, you could say that without Doyle, we were forced to count on EVERY player, rather than hoping that a striker on a purple patch would bail us out of any situation - Which Eoin usually did.

I certainly think that O'Shea, Roberts and Clucas have stepped up their game that tad bit to try and cover that loss.

Understand though that on paper, you'd say of course we'd be weaker without a top scorer.
Carson Out.

#29 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:45 PM

Steve Cotterill in his prematch interview touched on the fact that our players have pulled together and found a way to succeed despite losing Doyle. I think there's something in this - To draw an analogy, people who lose one of their senses find their other senses become heightened to compensate so against the odds the players have stepped up and managed to get over the line.

Are we weaker without Doyle? I believe that we are,
Have we found a way to play without him? Eventually yes, and all credit to PC and the players that we've managed it.
Can this continue? IMO no. We must sign some forwards in the summer, wherever we end up

One further question, is it significant that penalty awards have dried up since Doyle left, to what extent was he instrumental in getting us penalties?
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#30 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

View Postsophocles, on 27 April 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

Most of us can see that we'd almost certainly have been in an even higher position WITH the country's leading goalscorer, but then most of us aren't called Dim are we!��

Most of us can see that we'd almost certainly have been in an even higher position WITH the country's leading goalscorer, but then most of us aren't called Dim are we!��

you simply cannot say that, we had bad games with him the side as well as good games

no way you can say we'd be higher if he had stayed, he could have broke his leg first game in Feb, he could have gone on a non scoring run but not got dropped due to previous form and we could be midtable, he could have finished on 35+ goals and we could be pushing for automatic promotion, who knows?

You also cannot say we'd be lower down if he had stayed, any prediction on where we would have been if Doyle had stayed is pure guesswork

All we can say is anyone who got pathetically mardy when we sold him and predicted relegation cos of the loss of one player, posted idiotic things and said the season was over was completely wrong and massively over reacted to the sale of one player - simple facts are, we sold Doyle, we will finish in the highest league position for over 30 years and we got in the play offs

Good luck to Doyle but people need to stop moaning and whining about the sale and trying to make up rubbish that cannot be proven one way or the other such as we'd have been in the play offs earlier had he stayed!

This post has been edited by Cartman: 27 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

#31 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

View Postsophocles, on 27 April 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

you simply cannot say that, we had bad games with him the side as well as good games

no way you can say we'd be higher if he had stayed, he could have broke his leg first game in Feb, he could have gone on a non scoring run but not got dropped due to previous form and we could be midtable, he could have finished on 35+ goals and we could be pushing for automatic promotion, who knows?

You also cannot say we'd be lower down if he had stayed, any prediction on where we would have been if Doyle had stayed is pure guesswork

ll we can say is anyone who got pathetically mardy when we sold him and predicted relegation cos of the loss of one player, posted idiotic things and said the season was over was completely wrong and massively over reacted to the sale of one player - simple facts are, we sold Doyle, we will finish in the highest league peosition for over 30 years and we got in the play offs

Good luck to Doyle but people need to stop moaning and whining about the sale and trying to make up rubbish that cannot be proven one way or the other such as we'd have been in the play offs earlier had he stayed!

#32 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

View Postdim view, on 27 April 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

We have done better since he left. In my opinion, it's because Clucas is a better team player. We would have had a better chance of missing the play offs if he had stayed.

The worst post on any thread in the history of anything.

#33 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:23 PM

Eoin Doyle would have been my player of year had he stayed, still is but i cannot pick him now as he wouldn't be here to receive it, so i drew a short list of 7 up and chose one of those instead....

#34 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostCartman, on 27 April 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

ll we can say is anyone who got pathetically mardy when we sold him and predicted relegation cos of the loss of one player, posted idiotic things and said the season was over was completely wrong and massively over reacted to the sale of one player - simple facts are, we sold Doyle, we will finish in the highest league peosition for over 30 years and we got in the play offs

Fkin brilliant innit!

I feel better about it all now than I did after the game as I've had time to let it all sink in.

Edit, I'm 30 btw so the best position I've ever seen us finish.

This post has been edited by Trigger (not the freak): 27 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

Here we go again!

#35 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 27 April 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Steve Cotterill in his prematch interview touched on the fact that our players have pulled together and found a way to succeed despite losing Doyle. I think there's something in this - To draw an analogy, people who lose one of their senses find their other senses become heightened to compensate so against the odds the players have stepped up and managed to get over the line.

Are we weaker without Doyle? I believe that we are,
Have we found a way to play without him? Eventually yes, and all credit to PC and the players that we've managed it.
Can this continue? IMO no. We must sign some forwards in the summer, wherever we end up

One further question, is it significant that penalty awards have dried up since Doyle left, to what extent was he instrumental in getting us penalties?

He won lots of penos for us I think, and I also think that, along with Roberts (not forgetting Jones' astonishing bodypopping after Higdon fouled him) got us a bit of a rep early season for being divers. As a total hypocrite, I was quite happy with that.

#36 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 27 April 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

If he'd stayed until after the season...

1 we would have a better chance in the play offs
2 as top L1 scorer he'd be worth the same/more money
3 we'd have more chance of keeping PC
4 we wouldn't have wasted money on MD and BH
5 the rest of L1 and the championship wouldn't be thinking they could get the rest on the cheap

On the flip side, I haven't had to watch Clucas at left back, Doyle in the wing and Armand up top

While we're making wild guesses, you missed one:

6 he could have got injured in his next game, and not played again all season and no one was prepared to take a punt on him being the same player again so we got nowt!!

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 27 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

#37 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 27 April 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

While we're making wild guesses, you missed one:

6 he could have got injured in his next game, and not played again all season and no one was prepared to take a punt on him beging the same player again so we got nowt!!

Insurance

#38 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 27 April 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

Insurance

Pretty sure this has been covered before and DA confirmed the premiums make any such insurance prohibitive.

#39 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

View PostErwan dsihounou, on 27 April 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

If Doyle had stayed Clucas would have remained at left back so we wouldn't have had a Clucas/Doyle etc

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users