Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Must Be A Done Deal..... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (33 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Must Be A Done Deal.....

#41 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 April 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

Didn't mean to patronise , it's 11 days before the next competitive game and this is about the biggest talking point were going to get, the talk would only be pathetic if Cook was telling us he's staying

Didn't you? Really? Do you think Cook will be gone before the play offs then?
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#42 User is online   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 April 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

Didn't mean to patronise , it's 11 days before the next competitive game and this is about the biggest talking point were going to get, the talk would only be pathetic if Cook was telling us he's staying

Don't think you were being patronising but it is funny to see a moderator being moderated

You are right of course, unless there is a significant development in the next couple of days there will be precious little else to talk about bar the managerial situation

Maybe a Sheffield United will fire the imagination as it gets nearer
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#43 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:56 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 26 April 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Didn't you? Really? Do you think Cook will be gone before the play offs then?

Yes.

I think there will be decision in the next couple of days, not sure which way it will go, you can understand everybody involved leaving it on Friday given the importance of Saturday's game but the situation can't drag on, there's no talk of Portsmouth accepting our rebuff and turning their attention elsewhere

#44 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostB3NET, on 26 April 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

Danny Wilson as caretaker anyone?

As an actual caretaker?

#45 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

View Postdanblue, on 26 April 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

As an actual caretaker?

Should be opening a dialogue with Keith Hill now. Great manager, plays football the way we like to see it, also used to working on a tight budget. Get talking to him!

#46 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 26 April 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

It was a done deal a good while ago, as soon as those bets were placed that brought tho odds in so sharply.

It was a done deal when phil t obviously broke the news in a round about way a few days ago, it was B****Y obvious....bookies don't go 1/3 on or whatever without any knowledge of these things. They don't get beat due to the contacts they have. People need to realise it's a done deal but nothing has been said. It will just be about finalising the compensation package and finishing the season.

Hopefully I'm totally wrong but I very very much doubt it.

#47 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 April 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

Yes.

I think there will be decision in the next couple of days, not sure which way it will go, you can understand everybody involved leaving it on Friday given the importance of Saturday's game but the situation can't drag on, there's no talk of Portsmouth accepting our rebuff and turning their attention elsewhere

Do you honestly think Cook will leave before the two playoff games? I for don't I really can't see him walking away until it is decided whether we are going to wembley or not. When he does I also don't think it will be to the southern scum
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#48 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostMaverick, on 26 April 2015 - 07:15 PM, said:

Should be opening a dialogue with Keith Hill now. Great manager, plays football the way we like to see it, also used to working on a tight budget. Get talking to him!

No. The powers that be should be talking to Mr Cook and trying to sort out this mess.
Compromise is what's needed to make this situation disappear. Honestly. Can anybody hand on heart say that PC wouldn't stay if he, Misters Allen and Turner came to a decision about how they could take the club forward together?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#49 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 26 April 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

It was a done deal when phil t obviously broke the news in a round about way a few days ago, it was B****Y obvious....bookies don't go 1/3 on or whatever without any knowledge of these things. They don't get beat due to the contacts they have. People need to realise it's a done deal but nothing has been said. It will just be about finalising the compensation package and finishing the season.

its a line of thought that is difficult to argue against
A new hope.

#50 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

View Postfishini, on 26 April 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

Do you honestly think Cook will leave before the two playoff games? I for don't I really can't see him walking away until it is decided whether we are going to wembley or not. When he does I also don't think it will be to the southern scum

I don't know, whilst Portsmouth will wait until after Wembley for Cook to join them I don't think they'd wait until then for a decision

#51 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:35 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 26 April 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

No. The powers that be should be talking to Mr Cook and trying to sort out this mess.
Compromise is what's needed to make this situation disappear. Honestly. Can anybody hand on heart say that PC wouldn't stay if he, Misters Allen and Turner came to a decision about how they could take the club forward together?

The real question you need to think about is, do the club want Cook to stay? Judging by what CT and Alan Biggs have been doing in terms of releasing information about his release clause/contract etc., leads me to believe that they may be engineering an exit for him, regardless of what CT says to the media in terms of wanting him to stay.

#52 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 26 April 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

That's the only chink of light in terms of him staying for me. An increased budget, a deal done for Jimmy and a rallying call from DA for people to buy STs for another promotion attempt (assuming we don't go up).

Four (three more) reasons (all clutching at straws I know)

1) You've already covered this.
2) He smells a rat from a Pompey club member and makes him think the better the devil he knows, and stays put for now.
3) We get into the Championship and he fancies a crack at this over dropping down to league two (probably least likely imo).
4) He keeps Pompey (and us) waiting to see if it prompts other offers and these fail to materialise and they lose patience with him and go elsewhere (again not very likely, but we are crossing everything there is to cross here).
#notapennymore

#53 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostMaverick, on 26 April 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

The real question you need to think about is, do the club want Cook to stay? Judging by what CT and Alan Biggs have been doing in terms of releasing information about his release clause/contract etc., leads me to believe that they may be engineering an exit for him, regardless of what CT says to the media in terms of wanting him to stay.

A manager that in 2.5 seasons has taken us to a Wembley final, won a championship, took us into a play off semi final, turned a profit on the playing staff and got our club no end of plaudits for the way we play.
The real question is why are they NOT compromising with him?

#54 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 26 April 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

A manager that in 2.5 seasons has taken us to a Wembley final, won a championship, took us into a play off semi final, turned a profit on the playing staff and got our club no end of plaudits for the way we play.
The real question is why are they NOT compromising with him?

I don't think there's any doubts about him from a football point of view.

On the other hand I think there's reason to think there are concerns about the rest of it.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 26 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

#55 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 26 April 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

I don't think there's any doubts about him from a football point of view.

On the other hand I think there's reason to think there are concerns about the rest of it.

They've recently given him a new contract. They couldn't have been too concerned about the rest.

#56 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if we knew this before anything was made official and CT and PT were just trying to pre-warn us in a roundabout way. All the timings seem very coincidental if not.
#notapennymore

#57 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 April 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

I don't know, whilst Portsmouth will wait until after Wembley for Cook to join them I don't think they'd wait until then for a decision

Absolutely

and the way things leak, if it is bad news, I expect we'll get to know the outcome well before then

This post has been edited by azul: 26 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#58 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 26 April 2015 - 07:19 PM, said:

According to someone I here it's only the fact that a twenty pound bet was placed that made the odds shorten so much- he has years of experience within the bookmaker trade
Every need got an ego to feed

#59 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 26 April 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

They've recently given him a new contract. They couldn't have been too concerned about the rest.

A new contract which if he goes will ensure we get paid out if he leaves. Anticipating him being in demand, it was an obvious thing to do.

I'm not saying they (Allen, Turner etc) want him to go but I think they will be accepting of it.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 26 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

#60 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:56 PM

That's how it looks to me Turner knows how popular Cook is and the stick he would get so has to say the right thing, the million dollar question is why, if Cook felt wanted or supported then why not say he's not interested in the Pompey job

Share this topic:

• (33 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users