Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Dave Allen's Influence On Our Club. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dave Allen's Influence On Our Club.

#1 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

My lad is 11, he's watched town for six yrs now.
He's seen us win two championships.
Been to Wembley twice.
One the JPT once.
And now were in the playoffs.

I've been watching for thirty yrs now and I have only been to Wembley one more time than him (couldn't get time off work for Cambridge) along with watching us make the semi final and win the fourth division championship in 84'.
Gotta hand it to Dave Allen. At the moment he may not be flavour of the month but sicne his arrival the club has competed better than ANY lower league club have done. Just gotta hope he knows how far we will go with PC and he knows just how much PC means to us supporters.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#2 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

Don't forget promotion in 2000.

#3 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 25 April 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

Don't forget promotion in 2000.

Oh yes. I had my eyes closed then. :unsure: :)

#4 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

Our fans don't all need to agree with his methods. But it winds me up when people are ignorant to the transformation of our club under his tenure.
Up the Blues

#5 User is offline   dazcarrlegend 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:56 PM

View PostDMU Blue, on 25 April 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

Our fans don't all need to agree with his methods. But it winds me up when people are ignorant to the transformation of our club under his tenure.

The current keyboard warrior critics have clearly forgotten where we were 12 years ago

#6 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

View Postdazcarrlegend, on 25 April 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

The current keyboard warrior critics have clearly forgotten where we were 12 years ago

It's been mentioned many times..regardless of issues folk may have with budgets, management , crowds , playing styles etc etc etc..no matter how many arguements take place on here no one, no one, criticises DA for his input into the club!
East stand second class citizen.

#7 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

If I had one criticism of him it would be that he has let people at the club have too free a hand and no-one seems to know where all the money is going or has a handle on our financial well being

#8 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

Yep best chairman and best manager we have ever had.
Only mistake was appointing Chris Turner who has had an appalling record of errors, and goofs.
He's like a poor mans David Brent

#9 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 25 April 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

If I had one criticism of him it would be that he has let people at the club have too free a hand and no-one seems to know where all the money is going or has a handle on our financial well being

From only what can be termed an outsider looking in that does seem to be our problem Ern. We need somebody that's going to turn this extremely successful period on and off the pitch into £££'s
#notapennymore

#10 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 25 April 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

From only what can be termed an outsider looking in that does seem to be our problem Ern. We need somebody that's going to turn this extremely successful period on and off the pitch into £££'s

Exactly. All we need is a CEO who is frugal, that knows how football works, has enough ambition to keep an owner, manager and 6,000 supporters happy. I'll do it. But I ain't gonna give up my day job though.

#11 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 25 April 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

I heard today a successful local businessman was invited in to offer suggestions, free of charge, as to where to we could improve our profitability.

He spent four days of his own time in the club offering his thoughts and thereafter didn't have any calls or emails returned by the club.

Subsequently he withdrew his sponsorship and spends his money elsewhere.

#12 User is offline   Nolan 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 25 April 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

Only mistake was appointing Chris Turner who has had an appalling record of errors, and goofs.

Don't agree. The guy is not everyone's cup of tea. But he has been working hard on trying to make income coming into the club on and off the pitch. Some people in my opinion on this board seem to forget we are not a big club we have to make this club sustainable in the long run. CT and DA was instrumental in bring PC here. If that didn't happen, I very much doubt we would be achieving what we have today. What other supporters in the lower leagues can boast what we have? What happens when we sell players etc and even if PC goes is just the reality of where we are at as a lower league club. Blaming CT is IMO Is wrong.

This post has been edited by Nolan: 25 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

#13 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Yeah, misplaced loyalty.

Last year's concerts were another mistake. As was the misguided contract extension for Sheridan, though admittedly at the time there weren't too many dissenting voices. But might his biggest mistake actually be overestimating the potential support we have as a club?
We're on our way

#14 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostNolan, on 25 April 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

Don't agree. The guy is not everyone's cup of tea. But he has been working hard on trying to make income coming into the club on and off the pitch. Some people in my opinion on this board seem to forget we are not a big club we have to make have to make this club sustainable in the long run. CT and DA was instrumental in bring PC here. If that wouldn't have I very much doubt we would be achieving what we have today. What other supporters in the lower leagues can boast what we have? What happens when we sell players etc and even if PC goes is just the reality of where we are at as a lower league club. Blaming CT is IMO Is wrong IMO.

With the income we are generating we should be more than sustainable, it's the money we appear to be haemorrhaging we need to think about more

#15 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 25 April 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Exactly. All we need is a CEO who is frugal, that knows how football works, has enough ambition to keep an owner, manager and 6,000 supporters happy. I'll do it. But I ain't gonna give up my day job though.

Bored to death with seeing even further criticism of CT. I've offered my opinion on him many times, not always being complimentary, happy to admit that....But we have clearly had the best season for a long, long time.

When he joined, we were rock bottom of league one, suffering with a ridiculous amount of poor loan players and heavy wage bills.

Since then we have won the JPT, appointed Paul Cook (which at the time caused a lot of controversy - well what a shrewd choice thats now turning out to be), won the League 2 title, and got into the playoffs in league one, witnessing the most exciting football i've ever seen in my lifetime. This done along with selling 2 great assets whilst maintaining a top 6 place...Of course PC deserves the greatest means of credit but DA and CT brought him here to do this....

Whilst not trying to be part of the happy clapper brigade, i'd just like to see less moaning about CT for the next 2-4 weeks. We are in a dream position and may not get to experience this for quite a long time. Enjoy it while it lasts and get behind the whole club
Twitter: Bodie0402

#16 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

Perhaps more important to focus on how we can improve and progress from our current position

#17 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 25 April 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

Bored to death with seeing even further criticism of CT. I've offered my opinion on him many times, not always being complimentary, happy to admit that....But we have clearly had the best season for a long, long time.

When he joined, we were rock bottom of league one, suffering with a ridiculous amount of poor loan players and heavy wage bills.

Since then we have won the JPT, appointed Paul Cook (which at the time caused a lot of controversy - well what a shrewd choice thats now turning out to be), won the League 2 title, and got into the playoffs in league one, witnessing the most exciting football i've ever seen in my lifetime. This done along with selling 2 great assets whilst maintaining a top 6 place...Of course PC deserves the greatest means of credit but DA and CT brought him here to do this....

Whilst not trying to be part of the happy clapper brigade, i'd just like to see less moaning about CT for the next 2-4 weeks. We are in a dream position and may not get to experience this for quite a long time. Enjoy it while it lasts and get behind the whole club

Top post +1

Let's cut the blame game for the next 3-4 weeks, then see where we are come the back end of May.
Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

#18 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

View PostMac, on 25 April 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Yeah, misplaced loyalty.

Last year's concerts were another mistake. As was the misguided contract extension for Sheridan, though admittedly at the time there weren't too many dissenting voices. But might his biggest mistake actually be overestimating the potential support we have as a club?

The concerts were not a CT thing, a mixture of the promoters and another member of CFC staff were in charge of them

#19 User is offline   Nolan 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 25 April 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

Totally agree.

#20 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:24 PM

agreed. we have top notch bread, in cook and DA a filling that is awful in turner.

Im off to subway

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 25 April 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

I heard today a successful local businessman was invited in to offer suggestions, free of charge, as to where to we could improve our profitability.

He spent four days of his own time in the club offering his thoughts and thereafter didn't have any calls or emails returned by the club.

Subsequently he withdrew his sponsorship and spends his money elsewhere.

not a messageboard user by chance?

View PostMac, on 25 April 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

But might his biggest mistake actually be overestimating the potential support we have as a club?

ive been saying that for a year
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users