Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Quest For 7000. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Quest For 7000. Will we reach the promised land?

#41 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 23 November 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

I guess if the clubs copes, through that areas busiest 6/8 weeks of the year, with the head person off sick, then the powers that be will feel fully exonerated. Although, what direct influence he had on the evening/weekend functions I'm not sure.

Why can't you say who it is?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#42 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 November 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Why can't you say who it is?.

Not sure it's a secret, it was mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago.

Paul Cook has been given notice of redundancy, and is now off sick with Work Related Stress until the new year (or his termination date, whichever is sooner).

#43 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

Gary Cook, not Paul!

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 23 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

#44 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 November 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Or massively incompetence.

That's much more like it
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#45 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 November 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Gary Cook, not Paul!

Don't think his lads are working there now either, saw one of them at the game yesterday in normal clothes
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#46 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

Gary Cook, not Paul!

If it's the bod im thinking of he always seemed to be very busy and organised when dealing with the functions.
East stand second class citizen.

#47 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

Gary is a mate of mine.

He and his entire family are Town through and through and I doubt there's anyone who's put more hours in at the stadium.

I've not spoken to him regarding the issue and I'm not fully aware of all the facts.

However my understanding is 'The Powers That Be' are saying he should be doing more to attract business - which I would've thought is a job for the new commercial manager recruited this summer - and are seeking to add his name to those who've left Town at considerable cost over the last couple of years.

Richard Walters, Dave Bentley, Mark Jules, etc, etc, etc.

Is this legitimate or is it merely an excuse to add a(nother?) crony to the Proact payroll?

I have my own opinion, but I'm damn certain Gaz Cook wasn't responsible for a million pound-plus loss in a year that saw us at Wembley, title winners, and stage high profile acts.

Or allowing a 'fake Sheikh' inordinate licence at the Club, either.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 23 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#48 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 November 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Gary is a mate of mine.

He and his entire family are Town through and through and I doubt there's anyone who's put more hours in at the stadium.

I've not spoken to him regarding the issue and I'm not fully aware of all the facts.

However my understanding is 'The Powers That Be' are saying he should be doing more to attract business - which I would've thought is a job for the new commercial manager recruited this summer - and are seeking to add his name to those who've left Town at considerable cost over the last couple of years.

Is this legitimate or is it merely an excuse to add a(nother?) crony to the Proact payroll?

I have my own opinion, but I'm damn certain Gaz Cook wasn't responsible for a million pound-plus loss in a year that saw us at Wembley, title winners, and stage high profile acts.

Get exactly what you mean Chris.

#49 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

Gary Cook, not Paul!

Sorry, yes, bloomin predictive text!!

#50 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 November 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Gary is a mate of mine.

At the AGM, the CEO informed shareholders that every member of staff at the Proact received a pay rise last year, now here we are, less than 12 months on & we're hearing about redundancies, for me it just goes to prove, once again, how out of touch some people are.

On the handful of occasions that I've been in the lounges, all non-match day, I've witnessed a well organised, almost military like, first class operation, a credit to both Gary & the Club. I've no doubt that a redundancy situation does exist at the Club, quite how they've arrived at this decision though, the mind boggles, because all we've heard from the Club is how well the conference & banqueting does!

Now if the Club want to tackle this situation head-on, perhaps it could reveal how much of the £4M wage bill goes on football related staff & how much on non-football staff, I'm sure that will highlight just where the serious savings could be made.

Back to Gary's situation, from the gossip that I've picked up over the past couple of weeks, sadly it wouldn't surprise me if we end up in an employment tribunal.

#51 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 23 November 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

At the AGM, the CEO informed shareholders that every member of staff at the Proact received a pay rise last year, now here we are, less than 12 months on & we're hearing about redundancies, for me it just goes to prove, once again, how out of touch some people are.

On the handful of occasions that I've been in the lounges, all non-match day, I've witnessed a well organised, almost military like, first class operation, a credit to both Gary & the Club. I've no doubt that a redundancy situation does exist at the Club, quite how they've arrived at this decision though, the mind boggles, because all we've heard from the Club is how well the conference & banqueting does!

Now if the Club want to tackle this situation head-on, perhaps it could reveal how much of the £4M wage bill goes on football related staff & how much on non-football staff, I'm sure that will highlight just where the serious savings could be made.

Back to Gary's situation, from the gossip that I've picked up over the past couple of weeks, sadly it wouldn't surprise me if we end up in an employment tribunal.

If I was a bookie I wouldn't take bets on the last. Its surprising how many small business owners think you can decide who you can make redundant without proper due process, blissful of the fact that it is a job that is redundant not a person.

#52 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 23 November 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

If I was a bookie I wouldn't take bets on the last. Its surprising how many small business owners think you can decide who you can make redundant without proper due process, blissful of the fact that it is a job that is redundant not a person.

Do we take it the position is being scrapped...............
God I hate this league.

#53 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 23 November 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

That is my understanding.
Peter Whiteley

#54 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 23 November 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

I thought that was the only way you can make people redundant (in theory)

Unless their has been some misdemeanor it is likely to cost the club

Is £30K still the maximum for unfair dismal for Joe Bloggs?

This post has been edited by azul: 23 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

#55 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 23 November 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

That is my understanding.

It'll be interesting to see if an individual, perhaps with links to the CEO or a Boardmember, will be appointed in a similar role at some point in the not too distant future, though.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#56 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 November 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

It'll be interesting to see if an individual, perhaps with links to the CEO or a Boardmember, will be appointed in a similar role at some point in the not too distant future, though.

You seem to be suggesting there is a gravy train at the Proact?

#57 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 November 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

Although I don't know Gary personally when ive used the banqueting and catering facilities ive always found him to be top notch, and from what I've seen of his endeavours , I myself, would be surprised if the position, in some form or other, was not available in future!

#58 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 November 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

Although I don't know Gary personally when ive used the banqueting and catering facilities ive always found him to be top notch, and from what I've seen of his endeavours , I myself, would be surprised if the position, in some form or other, was not available in future!

He's a mate of mine, organised my wedding do at the Proact, and has always appeared in my opinion to be copybook material for the job. There is no way a business so reliant on the success of Banqueting can manage without that position being filled, so summat must have gone off.
Pete, surely you questioned whichever looney expected you to believe that rubbish?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#59 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

Christ if we are getting rid of a bloke who everybody believes is doing a fantastic job how is the academy manager still in a job he cannot even send an email.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#60 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 November 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

He's a mate of mine, organised my wedding do at the Proact, and has always appeared in my opinion to be copybook material for the job. There is no way a business so reliant on the success of Banqueting can manage without that position being filled, so summat must have gone off.
Pete, surely you questioned whichever looney expected you to believe that rubbish?.

Thought Alan Stephenson remit was to pull in punters etc. Seems VERY UNREASONABLE that Gary is being shown the door - surely his position is to ensure that the experience on the day is a good one and generates profit.

I am aware Alan is no longer at cfc but in my opinion Gary is copping what was being levelled at Alans door. But again I'm posting blind to what goes on in the inner sanctum.

God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users