Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Quest For 7000. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Quest For 7000. Will we reach the promised land?

#21 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 02 November 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Average will be trending downwards for a while I fear.

I'm of the opposite opinion. PC has cleared the decks ready to bolster the squad. With the current average near 7k and xmas coming we have plenty of cash unless it's all been spent on the scoreboard. Two weeks now for Roberts to get fully fit. Armand back soon and now fiercely competitive. This is as near to rock bottom as we come.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#22 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

I hope you're right. It will be linked, entirely, to our on-field fortunes.

#23 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 02 November 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

One off increase, yes, but a general downward trend. Barnsley should be around 7,500.

if ticket sales are looking slow, give then the east stand section as well. Bums on seats pay for loan players to strengthen, and a dingles money is as good as anyone elses

View Postdim view, on 02 November 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

PC has cleared the decks

has he really Posted Image
A new hope.

#24 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

If they can sell them then let 'em. Are Barnsley guaranteed to bring 2000? No so sure.

#25 User is offline   Odysseus 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Fighting Trojans. Making wooden horses. Sailing the Aegean Sea.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

Well after 9 games we can now finally say we are achieving what the board wanted, with an average gate of 7,016. For how long who knows but we are doing our bit for the present.

Saturday games only average 7,313, impressive.

Up 0.63% on season one
Up 7.44% on season two
Up 29.19% on season three
Up 11,05% on season four
Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

#26 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostOdysseus, on 22 November 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Well after 9 games we can now finally say we are achieving what the board wanted, with an average gate of 7,016. For how long who knows but we are doing our bit for the present.

Saturday games only average 7,313, impressive.

Up 0.63% on season one
Up 7.44% on season two
Up 29.19% on season three
Up 11,05% on season four

That was a good advert for football today,end to end stuff topped by two superb goals from Doyle. More winning results and surely we should get 7000 home fans plus the away following. It was a really entertaining game for both sets of fans.
lindave

#27 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostOdysseus, on 22 November 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Well after 9 games we can now finally say we are achieving what the board wanted...

Not according to PRT, who gave me short shrift today when I suggested the Club is awash with cash. All I can say is, if they are not well within budget given our crowd figures, there really is no cost control happening. PRT said that sponsors are paying for the scoreboard, so that's even more cash remaining in the bank. Next home matches, Bradfud and Peterborough. We fans really have to try harder to please Board members, they look really glum.

#28 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

View Postdim view, on 22 November 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

We fans really have to try harder to please Board members, they look really glum.

You've got to be kidding. No-one can say the fans aren't doing their bit.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#29 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

Not according to PRT, who gave me short shrift today when I suggested the Club is awash with cash. All I can say is, if they are not well within budget given our crowd figures, there really is no cost control happening. PRT said that sponsors are paying for the scoreboard, so that's even more cash remaining in the bank. Next home matches, Bradfud and Peterborough. We fans really have to try harder to please Board members, they look really glum.

Even if we'd achieved 7K last season, we still would have reported a loss in the region of £650K!

Our overheads this season will be greater than last term, so it's hardly surprising Phil stopped you in your tracks!

#30 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

I've had enough of the bs like the above. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. Spent near on a grand at this club this season and we have an average of 7,000 and it's still not enough?

What are these guys expecting??

This post has been edited by not_the_freak: 22 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

Here we go again!

#31 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

Whether we get 6, 7 or 8 thousand I worry we'd still manage to lose money at moment.

#32 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:24 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 22 November 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

Even if we'd achieved 7K last season, we still would have reported a loss in the region of £650K!

Our overheads this season will be greater than last term, so it's hardly surprising Phil stopped you in your tracks!

It'll take more than a glum looking Director :rolleyes:

Why will the overheads be greater?. There are no bonuses for a start - and even if there were, the reason would be that we are in the top 6.

I'm sure the Board has nominated someone to work closely with the Council with joint ideas for cancelling their loan, because they've surely realised that that's what's needed - continuous dialogue.

I'm also awaiting feedback on my idea, which I've sent to Ashley, that the Trust is now well capable, with it's guaranteed income over the next 25 years, of obtaining a bog standard commercial mortgage so that it can repay it's debt to CFC. A cool £900k (give or take).

#33 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:28 PM

We receive at least a couple more hundred thousand in league funding for being in a higher division.

The still unspecified reasons behind losing over a million in a successful season are supposedly being addressed according to DA.

We're hitting the seven thousand average the Chairman wants with the same budget.

If we have a deficit this season there's corruption at the Club, simple as that.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#34 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:07 AM

View Postnot_the_freak, on 22 November 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

I've had enough of the bs like the above. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. Spent near on a grand at this club this season and we have an average of 7,000 and it's still not enough?

What are these guys expecting??

Take all the b******t spouted by the club and it's sycophants with a pinch of salt.Increased gates.increase in season ticket prices,revenue from FL,Cooper transfer money,Community hub etc etc.If not it's time to pack in and drop down to the conference

#35 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:15 AM

Forgive my post fight, wine fuelled, ignorance but who is PRT?
East stand second class citizen.

#36 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 22 November 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

We receive at least a couple more hundred thousand in league funding for being in a higher division.

The still unspecified reasons behind losing over a million in a successful season are supposedly being addressed according to DA.

We're hitting the seven thousand average the Chairman wants with the same budget.

If we have a deficit this season there's corruption at the Club, simple as that.

Or massively incompetence.

#37 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 22 November 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

If we lose money this season there really ough to be a few folk leaving the pro act
A new hope.

#38 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

It was only a matter of time before the non-football related staff were under scrutiny.

One such high profile member already been given his redundancy notice, and currently off sick with work related stress.

#39 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 23 November 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

It was only a matter of time before the non-football related staff were under scrutiny.

One such high profile member already been given his redundancy notice, and currently off sick with work related stress.

From what I've heard it's a troubling scenario.

I want to see the very best people working at every level of Chesterfield FC, and if that means tough decisions in terms of Town stalwarts then so be it.

However if it's simply a case of getting cronies onto the Proact payroll - costing the Club yet more large amounts of redundancy in the process - it stinks.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 23 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#40 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 23 November 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

From what I've heard it's a troubling scenario.

I want to see the very best people working at every level of Chesterfield FC, and if that means tough decisions in terms of Town stalwarts then so be it.

However if it's simply a case of getting cronies onto the Proact payroll I'm dead against it.

I guess if the clubs copes, through that areas busiest 6/8 weeks of the year, with the head person off sick, then the powers that be will feel fully exonerated. Although, what direct influence he had on the evening/weekend functions I'm not sure.

Edit; Redundancy Pay - might cost us a few more quid unless we have our legal ducks in a row!!

This post has been edited by Sammy Spireite: 23 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users