• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jalal

#1 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:40 PM

As he lost his form again. He’s certainly not on the top of his game looking at goals conceded in last two matches.

#2 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:27 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 13 March 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

As he lost his form again. He’s certainly not on the top of his game looking at goals conceded in last two matches.

Of course every goal conceded is down to goalkeeper error isn't it? Nothing at all to do with his 'defenders' standing politely aside and ushering opposition defenders through to have a completely free shot at our goal?

#3 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:58 PM

View Postsophocles, on 13 March 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

Of course every goal conceded is down to goalkeeper error isn't it? Nothing at all to do with his 'defenders' standing politely aside and ushering opposition defenders through to have a completely free shot at our goal?

Please do not feed the troll.
These go to eleven.

#4 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:45 AM

I'm not so sure we should be blaming him for any of the goals. The first he had no chance, second & third were hit with both power and direction.At the time I was more inclined to blame the defence for again not getting tackles in and allowing the shots.

#5 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

Most of the goals conceded looked to be hit with power and accuracy not helped with the 'parting of the waves' defending.

All comes back to the fact that if Jalal stopped 99% of shots on target, he wouldn't be playing in the national league.

Apply this formula to every player playing in the national league

#6 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

View Postdanblue, on 14 March 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

Most of the goals conceded looked to be hit with power and accuracy not helped with the 'parting of the waves' defending.

All comes back to the fact that if Jalal stopped 99% of shots on target, he wouldn't be playing in the national league.

Apply this formula to every player playing in the national league

Wonder how many shots we have had on target from beyond the penalty area this season compared to the opposition against us? A small fraction I’d wager.

#7 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:23 PM

View Postsophocles, on 13 March 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

If a defence can limit attackers to shots from outside the area they aren't doing too bad a job. It ought to take something special to beat a reasonable 'keeper from out there, and judging by our shot-shy lot, Shez seems to agree.
Thing is, apart from the third goal on Saturday (which may have taken a big swerve, the only explanation for Jalal missing it) the other two we've conceded from range were 'nowt special at all. Decent enough shots, but you would have expected the 'keeper to at least get something on them.
Might be a concentration problem. He's played so long behind a team that never shoot that he thinks nobody else does either.

#8 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:13 PM

View Posth again, on 14 March 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

If a defence can limit attackers to shots from outside the area they aren't doing too bad a job. It ought to take something special to beat a reasonable 'keeper from out there, and judging by our shot-shy lot, Shez seems to agree.
Thing is, apart from the third goal on Saturday (which may have taken a big swerve, the only explanation for Jalal missing it) the other two we've conceded from range were 'nowt special at all. Decent enough shots, but you would have expected the 'keeper to at least get something on them.
Might be a concentration problem. He's played so long behind a team that never shoot that he thinks nobody else does either.

I'm not saying he's faultless, but he's quite good for this level. I can, by the way, assure you that the winning shot in the last home game went dead straight - my Kop seat was right in line with it, and there was no swerve whatsoever. It was, though, a pretty powerful effort, and I think the pace of the ball surprised Jalal.

#9 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

he's had some cracking one on one saves in recent games.
lindave

#10 User is offline   timshorts 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

View PostToddhopper., on 14 March 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

I'm not so sure we should be blaming him for any of the goals. The first he had no chance, second & third were hit with both power and direction.At the time I was more inclined to blame the defence for again not getting tackles in and allowing the shots.

I thought the second and the third were pretty much down to Weir not being where he normally is. Hope he's back on Saturday.

#11 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

View Posth again, on 14 March 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

Classic H

#12 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

Jalal has kept a fair number of clean sheets and is contracted for next season, I believe, but going forward it is expected that Anyon will be on his way and a cheaper option brought in who is capable of challenging for a first team spot.

#13 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:06 PM

Anyone spot the non celebration of JBW's goal, having a right sulk.
God I hate this league.

#14 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:08 PM

Who? JBW didn’t celebrate his own goal?
Hater of all things Scab!

#15 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:10 PM

View PostDIFH, on 15 March 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

Totally agree.. well whatever, if he's gone he's gone.
East stand second class citizen.

#16 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:11 PM

View PostPontePete, on 15 March 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

Who? JBW didn’t celebrate his own goal?

It wasn't an own goal
arf arf

#17 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

View Posttimshorts, on 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

I thought the second and the third were pretty much down to Weir not being where he normally is. Hope he's back on Saturday.

I hope the bloke who sits behind me in the East Stand doesn't read your post.

He could use that as a reason to blame Weir for their goals.

#18 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

View Postsophocles, on 14 March 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

I'm not saying he's faultless, but he's quite good for this level. I can, by the way, assure you that the winning shot in the last home game went dead straight - my Kop seat was right in line with it, and there was no swerve whatsoever. It was, though, a pretty powerful effort, and I think the pace of the ball surprised Jalal.

Fair enough. As far as I could see he was perfectly positioned (to his credit) and the only reason that the shot beat him must have been a big swerve on it. If no swerve you have to wonder why a shot almost straight at him from outside the area was too powerful, or surprised him.
To my mind he's a good 'keeper, but the long shots just lately have found a weakness.

#19 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:46 AM

View PostDIFH, on 15 March 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

I wondered about that. I assumed he'd played for them once, otherwise it was very odd.

#20 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

View Posth again, on 16 March 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Fair enough. As far as I could see he was perfectly positioned (to his credit) and the only reason that the shot beat him must have been a big swerve on it. If no swerve you have to wonder why a shot almost straight at him from outside the area was too powerful, or surprised him.
To my mind he's a good 'keeper, but the long shots just lately have found a weakness.

Yes he was in a central position, and the shot didn't go in right by the post, so it was certainly saveable. Jalal set himself and planted his feet as if he thought the bloke was going to run further, and he just didn't expect the shot so early.

This post has been edited by sophocles: 16 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users