Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#41 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

View Postdim view, on 04 February 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

Heyup.
Could you do me a favour and provide links to the latest published accounts for the Trust and the Development School please.? I found one for the Trust, for y/e 2014, but surely there has been one published since then?.

The Community Trust's accounts for 30/06/15 are not due until 31/03/16.

The CFC Football Development Centre accounts are made up to 30/06/14. Accounts for Y/E 30/06/15 are due no later than 31/03/16. Here are 2014's:

https://s3-eu-west-1...2BYQg4fDMtQU%3D

#42 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 04 February 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

The Community Trust's accounts for 30/06/15 are not due until 31/03/16.

The CFC Football Development Centre accounts are made up to 30/06/14. Accounts for Y/E 30/06/15 are due no later than 31/03/16. Here are 2014's:

https://s3-eu-west-1...2BYQg4fDMtQU%3D

Access denied anyone ????
God I hate this league.

#43 User is offline   BlueDay 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 February 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

Chesterfield FC are a 'not for profit' outfit unfortunately.

Said for years that CFC really means Charity Football Club.

#44 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:33 PM

Just looking at the initial link posted it states that the young lad was on the Player Progression Pathway. Then looking at last years abridged accounts P1 is the chairmans, Dave Allen, report. The fourth paragraph from the bottom reads...
Our Player Progression Pathway, under the direction of Liam Sutcliffe, continues to recruit and develop players for the academy and there are currently 600 youngsters associated with the club as a result of this scheme....
Does this clear anything up regarding our association with PPP or just add to the confusion or am I just adding to what was already known?

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 08 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#45 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 08 February 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

Just looking at the initial link posted it states that the young lad was on the Player Progression Pathway. Then looking at last years abridged accounts P1 is the chairmans, Dave Allen, report. The fourth paragraph from the bottom reads...
Our Player Progression Pathway, under the direction of Liam Sutcliffe, continues to recruit and develop players for the academy and there are currently 600 youngsters associated with the club as a result of this scheme....
Does this clear anything up regarding our association with PPP or just add to the confusion or am I just adding to what was already known?

Just for the record on Saturday at the fans forum Chris Turner was once again asked about this situation and stated clearly that it was a stand alone facility and CFC had no financial responsibity to it.

To clarify this is not my own opinon and I have no information to either confirm or contradict that statement.

Regards Nigel.

#46 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:04 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 08 February 2016 - 01:55 PM, said:

Just for the record on Saturday at the fans forum Chris Turner was once again asked about this situation and stated clearly that it was a stand alone facility and CFC had no financial responsibity to it.

To clarify this is not my own opinon and I have no information to either confirm or contradict that statement.

Regards Nigel.

Ok thanx.

#47 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

Regards Nigel.

'No financial responsibility' is quite an open ended statement.
If only....

#48 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:10 PM

Regards Nigel.

To be fair (and I'm not having a go at you Nigel!), that's not really the issue though is it?

I thought the point was that a website has been created which goes to great lengths to "suggest" a link (with text, photos, etc) between the organisation and CFC, albeit bearing at the home page's lower edge a "disclaimer" of that link. An average consumer could easily have dealings with the organisation in total ignorance of its apparent financial independence from the Club. The newspaper article previously posted is a good example of how the world at large will perceive things and how the press will report it.

How many people will need to feel ripped off and tell all and sundry how shabbily they feel they have been treated before the penny drops?

If the club doesn't want the implied association then it should take steps to overcome the "illusion".

This post has been edited by Somerset Spireite: 08 February 2016 - 04:14 PM

Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#49 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

Regards Nigel.

Thanks, Nidge.

As 'Skywalker' states that's a pretty vague response, though, and in no way answers the key issue: is CFC money subsidising an enterprise where Sutcliffe and Turner are the two directors?

Perhaps we can pursue this at a future meeting.

Cheers - Chris.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#50 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:25 PM

Skywalker said:

1454940312[/url]' post='1184270']
'No financial responsibility' is quite an open ended statement.

It does not say "CFC has put no money at all into the DV"
A new hope.

#51 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

Regards Nigel.

Sutcliffe is quoted in the Express, “As a not-for-profit organisation, we do not carry cash reserves, so we asked for patience from any parents who requested refunds".

The minutes from the Fans' Forum on 25/04/15 read as follows, When asked about the development centre, CT said that it is running at great profit, which will “reduce the costs of the academy”. He added that a deal has been set up with Gordon Hill, offering scholarships in the USA. A major sponsorship deal with the development centre will be announced soon.

The accounts will make for an interesting read. Due at Companies House no later than 31/03/16!

#52 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:45 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 08 February 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

Sutcliffe is quoted in the Express, "As a not-for-profit organisation, we do not carry cash reserves, so we asked for patience from any parents who requested refunds".

The minutes from the Fans' Forum on 25/04/15 read as follows, When asked about the development centre, CT said that it is running at great profit, which will "reduce the costs of the academy". He added that a deal has been set up with Gordon Hill, offering scholarships in the USA. A major sponsorship deal with the development centre will be announced soon.

The accounts will make for an interesting read. Due at Companies House no later than 31/03/16!

I cannot speak for Liam Sutcliffe as I have never spoken to him.

I will however state Chris Turner's response when asked about in the article in the Express.

This is not word for word but " The money was repaid to the family concerned before The Express ran the story".

Whether that is true or false Myself and the others forum members do not know?

#53 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 08 February 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

Sutcliffe is quoted in the Express, “As a not-for-profit organisation, we do not carry cash reserves, so we asked for patience from any parents who requested refunds".

The minutes from the Fans' Forum on 25/04/15 read as follows, When asked about the development centre, CT said that it is running at great profit, which will “reduce the costs of the academy”. He added that a deal has been set up with Gordon Hill, offering scholarships in the USA. A major sponsorship deal with the development centre will be announced soon.

Again they haven't a clue what they're saying..ill say it again ..CT wants getting as far away from this club as possible, as soon as possible.

#54 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 08 February 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

I cannot speak for Liam Sutcliffe as I have never spoken to him.

I will however state Chris Turner's response when asked about in the article in the Express.

This is not word for word but " The money was repaid to the family concerned before The Express ran the story".

Whether that is true or false Myself and the others forum members do not know?

Interesting that he knows enough about the inner workings of that organisation to know that's the case, but not concerned enough to not allow the situation to develop and the club's name to be tainted.

#55 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:14 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 08 February 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Interesting that he knows enough about the inner workings of that organisation to know that's the case, but not concerned enough to not allow the situation to develop and the club's name to be tainted.

I would hope he knows absolutely everything about the running of that organisation as I believe he and Sutcliffe are the only listed directors.

#56 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 08 February 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

I would hope he knows absolutely everything about the running of that organisation as I believe he and Sutcliffe are the only listed directors.

My comment was tongue in cheek knowing that.

He ought to be ashamed of himself for being part of such a tawdry organisation.

#57 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 08 February 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

My comment was tongue in cheek knowing that.

He ought to be ashamed of himself for being part of such a tawdry organisation.

Can't disagree with you.

It's certainly not the sort of stuff you want to be reading in the national press.

#58 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:32 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 08 February 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

Again they haven't a clue what they're saying..ill say it again ..CT wants getting as far away from this club as possible, as soon as possible.

To be a competent liar you have to remember the lies you've told

#59 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

freelander2 said:

1454959019[/url]' post='1184356']
Sutcliffe is quoted in the Express, "As a not-for-profit organisation, we do not carry cash reserves, so we asked for patience from any parents who requested refunds".

The minutes from the Fans' Forum on 25/04/15 read as follows, When asked about the development centre, CT said that it is running at great profit, which will "reduce the costs of the academy". He added that a deal has been set up with Gordon Hill, offering scholarships in the USA. A major sponsorship deal with the development centre will be announced soon.

How much is the academy costing PA? Is this one area where money is being lost?

I saw an interview with Dario Gradi some 10 years ago or so, where he said they had to sell a player for £500k each season to cover it's costs.

Maybe that's a question to be put to them at this so allied clear the air meeting
A new hope.

#60 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:41 AM

a kick in the balls said:

1208737859[/url]"]1208737859[/url]"]1208737859[/url]' post='226185']I would think of it more like a poor mans Bolton W than Crewe. I saw a few years ago that it costs £500k a year to run the acadamy at Crewe, a huge expense, but Boltons tactic in recent years of `spotting` waifs and strays, and gelling them into a team has to be the way forward for CFC.
I said this at the end of LR first season!

http://www.thecfss.c...85

Post 5

This post has been edited by a kick in the balls: 09 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users