Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Norton Lea Passes Away - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Norton Lea Passes Away

#141 Guest_fiddler2003_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

View Posth again, on 20 October 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

Wish I was as sure as you. Unfortunately, being human, I'm just as likely to make mistakes as the next man. If you think I'm wrong and point it out in a civilised manner I'm only too happy to discuss the matter.
Like working out the annual interest on 5 million quid at 6%. Fortunately nobody's noticed I got it wrong yet.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. You are quite right -it WAS a cheap shot. A moment of weakness on my part. I think this "business" has got to us all.

A win on Saturday will do us all the power of good ? !!

#142 Guest_djs_*

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

View Postfiddler2003, on 20 October 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

Please accept my sincerest apologies. You are quite right -it WAS a cheap shot. A moment of weakness on my part. I think this "business" has got to us all.

A win on Saturday will do us all the power of good ? !!

I haven't seen a win this season yet, as I was on my hols for the three we did win!!

#143 Guest_Spire 12345 (Rotherham 0)_*

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

View Postdjs, on 20 October 2011 - 08:17 PM, said:

I haven't seen a win this season yet, as I was on my hols for the three we did win!!

You know what to do then?

#144 User is offline   GlobalSpire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

I want to add my voice to the outlining of disgrace about not comprehensively mentioning the death of NL.

#145 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:34 AM

View Postjohnd51, on 14 October 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Has there actually been an official announcement on the main site or have we just used the same forum that others use to insult people? I trust that this will be put right on Saturday at the latest and a suitable tribute paid.
If we had a minute's silence for the likes of Bob Paisley then the demise of a long standing chairman is surely worthy of the same.

I used to play cricket with Mike Watterson in the late sixties/early seventies. He sold cars back then but was good company and generous with his time and money. Thanks to him and Barrie the club survived in 1983 and it is right we remember Mike's contribution in the now customary way.
Have to say that in the context of having a minute's silence/applause too many times at football in my opinion (there's a crowd of 5000, who has died this week?), I am still really annoyed that there was no recognition for Norton Lea or Jack Hemmings who was the PA announcer for many years at Saltergate and, later, ran a bar under the stand.

On a related matter please note that there is a minute's silence outside the Town Hall today at 2pm to remember the victims of the attacks in Christchurch. It would be fitting to see a good attendance in support of the casualties and our friends in New Zealand.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users