Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Early Bird Ending Soon - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Early Bird Ending Soon

#1 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

I thought they might have extended early bird season tickets to get a few more sold. Very strange.

#2 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 22 June 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

I thought they might have extended early bird season tickets to get a few more sold. Very strange.

Maybe they need the money in now and its a plan to finalise the ££££ to spend
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#3 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 22 June 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Maybe they need the money in now and its a plan to finalise the ££££ to spend

Assuming we end up around the 2k area for STs the club will end up better off overall from the walk ups....IF we have a good season. I reckon we will get a lot of walk ups if we do well. Folk like to see a winning team even if it's lower level.

#4 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

I think it’s drawing a close to it to drum up final demand and finalise the budget for the season.

What i’d love to know is what was budgeted for in the first place.

#5 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

Are hundreds more punters really gonna sign-up if this EB offer is extended?

Nah, I doubt it.

So seventeen hundred, maybe two thousand at a push is what the Club's got.

Dunno what the Irish folk duo still in charge expected but that's back to Saltergate standards.

Infact a real statement of 'enough's enough' from the good people of North Derbyshire.

Of course if Martin Allen turns words into results that won't matter as folk will always support a winning side.

But if not? Or the predicted points penalty prevents promotion?

Hmmm...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#6 User is offline   daveblakey 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Just hit my 65 year as a supporter.Season ticket holder,CFSS life member ,founder member.CFC mad.

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:54 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 22 June 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

Nah, I doubt it.

Dunno what the Irish folk duo still in charge expected but that's back to Saltergate standards.

Infact a real statement of 'enough's enough' from the good people of North Derbyshire.

Of course if Martin Allen turns words into results that won't matter as folk will always support a winning side.

Hmmm...

#7 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

What’s this predicted points penalty?
JRID

#8 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

Doom mongering.

#9 User is offline   Spireiteboy155 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:51 AM

Or the predicted points penalty prevents promotion?

Predicted by who? Just you?

#10 User is offline   hewittfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:51 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 22 June 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Surely if they decide to extend the offer, that won't happen until after the deadline has passed – then they can see how sales have performed compared to forecast and if there is a need to do something to generate more cash upfront.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday (about eight others were renewed while I was in the shop) – if the deadline has been had been extended already then I might have kept my cash until next month.

#11 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

Where as a points penalty been mentioned by 'Official ' sources. Will that be nowhere ? Not for one minute am I daft enough to believe we won't be punished but until we know what's the point of pretending we know what the cost to the club will be !

This post has been edited by martatcross: 23 June 2018 - 08:59 AM

Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#12 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:03 AM

View Posthewittfan, on 23 June 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Surely if they decide to extend the offer, that won't happen until after the deadline has passed – then they can see how sales have performed compared to forecast and if there is a need to do something to generate more cash upfront.

I renewed my season ticket yesterday (about eight others were renewed while I was in the shop) – if the deadline has been had been extended already then I might have kept my cash until next month.

Well, one reason might be that they are coming under pressure from new buyers and renewers who want a better seat to say which seats are available. I have two mates who have forsaken Old Trafford and want seats near me. They can't see what's available until after the deadline for renewing.

This post has been edited by dim view: 23 June 2018 - 09:03 AM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#13 User is offline   hardgums 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

Nah, I doubt it.

Hmmm...

Well, that's thoroughly cheered me up. Thanks for that sunshine

#14 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:41 AM

Nah, I doubt it.

Hmmm...

I respect you. I truly do. I enjoy reading your post match analysis' and love the underground car park info you supply.

But your doom mongering really is becoming a major bore.
Chris, we get it. Your not happy with the club's hierarchy (none of us are) but we now have a management team that are doing their level best to get supporters back and doing their level best to bring a feel good factor back into going to watch football again. But it seems as though you are on such a downer, or disgusted by the club's owner & lackey that you just want to bring more or less every thread down to a level of doom and gloom.
Chris. Nobody wants the club in this position, nobody. But whilst were unhappy about that, some of us are genuinely excited about what Martin Allen is doing here. There is no need to try and deflate any build up of excitement by telling us about how we can't get promotion, or how the club's finances are a mess or how the owner doesn't care in more or less every thread on the board. You created a thread for all of those posts so why feel the need to air them all the time?
I apologise if I'm coming across as though I'm giving you some sort of bo**ocking here but its just getting frustrating that this thread is about season ticket sales and you bring up a points deduction.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#15 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 23 June 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

I respect you. I truly do. I enjoy reading your post match analysis' and love the underground car park info you supply.

Chris, we get it. Your not happy with the club's hierarchy (none of us are) but we now have a management team that are doing their level best to get supporters back and doing their level best to bring a feel good factor back into going to watch football again. But it seems as though you are on such a downer, or disgusted by the club's owner & lackey that you just want to bring more or less every thread down to a level of doom and gloom.
Chris. Nobody wants the club in this position, nobody. But whilst were unhappy about that, some of us are genuinely excited about what Martin Allen is doing here. There is no need to try and deflate any build up of excitement by telling us about how we can't get promotion, or how the club's finances are a mess or how the owner doesn't care in more or less every thread on the board. You created a thread for all of those posts so why feel the need to air them all the time?
I apologise if I'm coming across as though I'm giving you some sort of bo**ocking here but its just getting frustrating that this thread is about season ticket sales and you bring up a points deduction.

He only stated the obvious.

2000 would be a poor takeup and unless we are at the top we are back at or below Saltergate levels.

The only issue I would take up is his reference to "the predicted points penalty". I'd like to know who has predicted that.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#16 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:55 AM

View Postazul, on 23 June 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

He only stated the obvious.

2000 would be a poor takeup and unless we are at the top we are back at or below Saltergate levels.

The only issue I would take up is his reference to "the predicted points penalty". I'd like to know who has predicted that.

But it's not just this thread. There's plenty of threads that get some sort of reference to how we can blame the owners for for what is happening (which is correct) but why do we need to read about it on so many threads.
Can't we just jump on board with what the current management team are doing and hopefully enjoy the ride without the negativity?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#17 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 22 June 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

Assuming we end up around the 2k area for STs the club will end up better off overall from the walk ups....IF we have a good season. I reckon we will get a lot of walk ups if we do well. Folk like to see a winning team even if it's lower level.

Disagree on both points. We won't get near 2000 and even if we did it's crap and I can't see any more than 1500 paying on the day which would leave home crowds around the 3.5k mark tops. I agree with numerals it's an indication that the long suffering public of Chesterfield have had enough.It will take a monumental shift in results and attitude from the club to reverse that imho.

#18 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 23 June 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

But it's not just this thread. There's plenty of threads that get some sort of reference to how we can blame the owners for for what is happening (which is correct) but why do we need to read about it on so many threads.
Can't we just jump on board with what the current management team are doing and hopefully enjoy the ride without the negativity?

You could argue that about nearly every post on here regardless of flavour; negative or positive.

I assume by "management team" you are referring to the playing side? If so I think I'll just wait to see the product before enjoying the ride.

This post has been edited by azul: 23 June 2018 - 10:27 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#19 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:32 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 23 June 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

No need to apologise, my friend.

A fair post making a fair point which I respect even if in disagreement.

And I genuinely hope we can all enjoy the season - even us doom-mongers.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#20 User is offline   Mac's Back 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:55 AM

View PostRodney, on 23 June 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Disagree on both points. We won't get near 2000 and even if we did it's crap and I can't see any more than 1500 paying on the day which would leave home crowds around the 3.5k mark tops. I agree with numerals it's an indication that the long suffering public of Chesterfield have had enough.It will take a monumental shift in results and attitude from the club to reverse that imho.

For many there's only one 'monumental shift' that will suffice. A charismatic manager is little more than a distraction, without regime change the downwarn spiral will continue.
We're on our way

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users