Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Season Ticket Price Freeze - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Season Ticket Price Freeze

#21 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:25 AM

View Postdim view, on 19 May 2022 - 09:23 AM, said:

Perhaps a stupid question....

Does the date of the end of Early Bird Discount (30th June) correspond with the date that your reserved seat has to be given up?

Yes, if not renewed previously owned ST Sears then go on sale 4th July.

#22 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:26 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 19 May 2022 - 09:23 AM, said:

Last time I looked at this, you needed to have saved with them for so long before you could qualify for a loan. Don't know if that's just C&NED or the Bolsover one as well.

Not the case now.

Phil

#23 User is online   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:27 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 19 May 2022 - 09:20 AM, said:

How is paying by direct debit taking a risk? I pay my car insurance every month by direct debit because I can't afford to pay it all up front, there's no risk of me not paying the DD.
There would be no risk for the club to do direct debit for a season ticket. Take money May, June, July before the season starts and do it over 8 months means it's paid up by the end of the year and if someone doesn't make a payment, block their ST. Zero risk for the club, easier for people on low incomes to budget £40ish a month rather than trying to find £60 or £80 a month depending on the amount of home games (cost me over £100 for me and my son in February because there were 4 home games).
Just because you're ok, doesn't mean everyone is.

I can’t afford a season ticket so I don’t buy one. If the opportunity arises where I think I might have more disposable cash or time then I’ll make a plan

I just can’t understand how every year season tickets go on sale at the same time and people moan there aren’t flexible ways to pay when it’s the same every season and it’s just a matter of altering personal budgets.

Why should the club introduce a direct debit scheme to allow people to make 3 x hundred quid payments because folk can’t organise to save 6 x £50, 12 x £25. It’s not the clubs responsibility
Up the Blues

#24 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:41 AM

View PostTo the Winchester, on 19 May 2022 - 05:44 AM, said:

I really don't understand this take at all. Fans have surely known all year that season ticket renewal is coming up. What has stopped you from putting a few quid aside every week? The buy before you can afford culture we have is crazy.

Up to 2018 i paid for my season ticket monthly with zebra finance when the company stopped that I picked and chose games before lockdown. this season i managed to save for a helf season ticket.so i didn't go until Jan as i couldn't save and afford to go at same time. What's wrong with paying monthly anyway the club get some money coming in all year round . People pay DD for lots of things to make it easier . why not a season ticket. ? we can't all pay or justify paying in one go when costs of living bills have to come first. Club must have lost a few hundred season ticket sales when monthly payment plan finished.

#25 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:43 AM

View PostTo the Winchester, on 19 May 2022 - 09:23 AM, said:

If you can't afford it you really shouldn't be going. It's not the clubs responsibility to look after our finances.

In my opinion, they were well within their rights to increase prices this season, but they haven't. Credit should be given to them, instead of whining that we can't pay for beer and pies on a monthly basis.

I can afford to go, but not necessarily save for next year's ST at the same time, when we have other things to save for. So it's go to this seasons games or save for next seasons games??
The club won't do DD because they make more money out people that can't afford ST than they do out of ST ticket holders. I've been to all but 3 home games this season so I'll have actually paid more for tickets than ST holders and that's why there's no option to help people that can't afford the whole outlay in advance.

#26 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:47 AM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 19 May 2022 - 09:26 AM, said:

Not the case now.

Phil

Thanks Phil, I'll have a look 👍

#27 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:23 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 19 May 2022 - 09:43 AM, said:

I can afford to go, but not necessarily save for next year's ST at the same time, when we have other things to save for. So it's go to this seasons games or save for next seasons games??
The club won't do DD because they make more money out people that can't afford ST than they do out of ST ticket holders. I've been to all but 3 home games this season so I'll have actually paid more for tickets than ST holders and that's why there's no option to help people that can't afford the whole outlay in advance.

Is it not the case that to offer credit you need a licence and comply with FCA regulations or something like that?
ETA answer yes if selling to consumers not businesses... https://www.gov.uk/o...t-consumers-law

If so that is a very good reason why they dont and why companies like Zebra offer it elsewhere rather than the club themselves.

Plus should they offer credit, what is an acceptable extra charge? You wouldnt expect them to give credit for free would you?

This post has been edited by isleaiw1: 19 May 2022 - 10:33 AM

Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#28 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:25 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 19 May 2022 - 09:25 AM, said:

Yes, if not renewed previously owned ST Sears then go on sale 4th July.

Can you still buy a season ticket before the early bird discount ends and then pick another seat when any non renewals become available?
Here we go again!

#29 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:30 AM

I had in my head they were £325 for an adult St on the kop. When did they go up to £378?
Here we go again!

#30 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:35 AM

View PostTrigger, on 19 May 2022 - 10:25 AM, said:

Can you still buy a season ticket before the early bird discount ends and then pick another seat when any non renewals become available?

I think the best thing to do is choose a seat that you will be happy with and then you can change later if you see an opportunity. I think I've suggested in the past that there should be a small window (a couple of days?) for ST holders to move seats before general sale.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#31 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:46 AM

Not sure why we’re arguing if the club should fund and administer a system to allow more fans to purchase STs.

They kind of already offer fans the option to pay instalments, it’s called match day tickets.

The point of the ST for the club is guaranteed income, upfront so they can financially plan the season out.

#32 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 11:06 AM

View PostTrigger, on 19 May 2022 - 10:30 AM, said:

I had in my head they were £325 for an adult St on the kop. When did they go up to £378?

I presume £325 was the early bird price. I'm in E4 it says £441 but I paid £380 last time just before the early bird cut off.

This post has been edited by Rodney's Moustache: 19 May 2022 - 11:07 AM

#33 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 19 May 2022 - 11:11 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 19 May 2022 - 10:46 AM, said:

Not sure why we’re arguing if the club should fund and administer a system to allow more fans to purchase STs.

They kind of already offer fans the option to pay instalments, it’s called match day tickets.

The point of the ST for the club is guaranteed income, upfront so they can financially plan the season out.

You have just answered your own question with that last paragraph. Relying on match day sales makes that more difficult.

As far as whether the club funding the scheme is sensible, I guess it comes down to cost/benefit in the short/medium and longer term considerations such as growing the supporter base.

This post has been edited by azul: 19 May 2022 - 11:14 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#34 User is offline   To the Winchester 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 11:27 AM

View PostRodney, on 19 May 2022 - 11:06 AM, said:

I presume £325 was the early bird price. I'm in E4 it says £441 but I paid £380 last time just before the early bird cut off.

I paid £650 for 2 season tickets. So it's not really a price freeze.

#35 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 11:40 AM

View PostTo the Winchester, on 19 May 2022 - 11:27 AM, said:

I paid £650 for 2 season tickets. So it's not really a price freeze.

Not sure what you mean? It'll cost the same for next season

#36 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 12:19 PM

So just to clarify, does the early bird discount come off at the end or is £378 the early bird price?

I might end up having to go down after work
Here we go again!

#37 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 12:28 PM

Just renewed my season ticket on the Kop. Was £305. I'm sure I paid £325 last year. Do renewers get an extra discount?

This post has been edited by Toddhopper.: 19 May 2022 - 12:30 PM

#38 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 12:35 PM

View PostTrigger, on 19 May 2022 - 12:19 PM, said:

So just to clarify, does the early bird discount come off at the end or is £378 the early bird price?

I might end up having to go down after work

It should be £305 the early bird  renewing price.

This post has been edited by Rodney's Moustache: 19 May 2022 - 12:37 PM

#39 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 19 May 2022 - 12:40 PM

View PostTrigger, on 19 May 2022 - 10:30 AM, said:

They should be £325, the £378 is the general sale price. Not sure if the price is different if done in person, but online is certainly bringing up the wrong prices.

#40 User is offline   To the Winchester 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2022 - 12:41 PM

View PostRodney, on 19 May 2022 - 11:40 AM, said:

Not sure what you mean? It'll cost the same for next season

It says £378 on the website?

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »