Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Moving To W7 Next Season? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moving To W7 Next Season?

#21 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 16 May 2022 - 08:57 PM

If a drum arrives in W7 I’ll personally put my foot through it
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#22 User is offline   johnd51 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2022 - 10:01 PM

View Postash_cfc, on 16 May 2022 - 08:57 PM, said:

If a drum arrives in W7 I’ll personally put my foot through it

Agreed.

#23 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2022 - 11:03 PM

View PostJames Rowe is dynamite, on 16 May 2022 - 08:10 PM, said:

I’m thinking of moving to W7, that peado chant to the visiting keeper makes me want to cry

I think most of us were expecting you to be supporting in the PR4 area next season anyway?

#24 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:15 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 16 May 2022 - 08:48 PM, said:

Forget the drum, but otherwise fine.

Keep the drum where it belongs on the kop, its good that the West stand has been livelier since the fans have moved into the top corner of the north section of the stand as long as they behave themselves near to the away fans. East 1 & 2 used to be very popular but home fans are usually restricted with its use these days. The 9000 crowd against Woking was amazing especially seeing the North stand packed out with young Families wearing the Blue and white of CFC, lets have a lot more of it when we can.
lindave

#25 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 17 May 2022 - 12:44 PM

Genuinely thought this thread was about someone moving to Ealing and needing advice on housing / schools etc.

Been away too long.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#26 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2022 - 09:13 AM

View PostTheSpireite1866, on 16 May 2022 - 07:24 PM, said:

Feel like this topic needs a serious discussion. I personally don’t think there is much wrong with the current set up of singers in the Kop as showed saturday which was a great atmosphere…however there is only 200 people max stood up there most weeks. I feel everyone moving down to W7 including the drum could really add something extra special to matchdays right next to the away section..especially when big followings come to town.

You only have to look at teams like Lincoln and Hartlepool who has completely changed their matchday atmospheres. As good as the Kop can be at times there is a lot of people dotted around the ground at home games who stand and sing during away games,W7 would give everyone who wants to sing the option to go and crowd down that end. I personally am all for this idea,I think we could make the technique a fortress and intimidating place to come and visit just like yesterday.

Opinions?

No No No No No Please do not bring the drum to W7! Be great to get more lads down there to add what has already become a good atmosphere in most games. Especially when we have away fans to have banter with, but do not bring the drum.

I go in W7 to get away from the drum and the crappy der der der der clap along songs. In W7 and on away games all the old songs come out but if the drum as the drum comes, that will stop.

View PostCFC91, on 16 May 2022 - 07:31 PM, said:

Don't think W7 needs the drum for an atmosphere given what it's been like in there for the bigger games this season, but definitely think another group in W7 alongside the Kop would help the noise in the ground for sure.

It's the shame the club aren't proactively working with fans on things like this, alot of clubs engage fans groups and give them platforms to create an atmosphere and actively encourage it, ours less so.

Why do we need the club? We can think and plan for ourselves. Fans that like to stand up and sing simply get a ticket for W7 and go and join the other fans that stand up and sing.
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#27 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 20 May 2022 - 09:43 AM

If I get a ST next season it’ll be down there I think.

#28 User is offline   Brimblue 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2022 - 03:19 PM

Don't want the Drummer boy in W7 thanks. It does my head in when I hear it in the Kop !!

Don't want the Drummer boy in W7 thanks. It does my head in when I hear it in the Kop !!

#29 User is offline   Brimblue 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2022 - 03:23 PM

View PostTheSpireite1866, on 16 May 2022 - 07:24 PM, said:

Feel like this topic needs a serious discussion. I personally don’t think there is much wrong with the current set up of singers in the Kop as showed saturday which was a great atmosphere…however there is only 200 people max stood up there most weeks. I feel everyone moving down to W7 including the drum could really add something extra special to matchdays right next to the away section..especially when big followings come to town.

You only have to look at teams like Lincoln and Hartlepool who has completely changed their matchday atmospheres. As good as the Kop can be at times there is a lot of people dotted around the ground at home games who stand and sing during away games,W7 would give everyone who wants to sing the option to go and crowd down that end. I personally am all for this idea,I think we could make the technique a fortress and intimidating place to come and visit just like yesterday.

Opinions?

#30 User is offline   Brimblue 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2022 - 03:25 PM

Don't want the Drummer Boy in W7 ..leave him in the Kop please ,thankyou !!

#31 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2022 - 08:32 PM

for me i'd like to see the north stand opened to home supporters whenever the away following is poor, as it often is in this league and to be honest some low level supported clubs in league 2 these days following some recent promotions from this league.

#32 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 May 2022 - 10:08 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 20 May 2022 - 08:32 PM, said:

for me i'd like to see the north stand opened to home supporters whenever the away following is poor, as it often is in this league and to be honest some low level supported clubs in league 2 these days following some recent promotions from this league.

We don't need it unless we fill it with kids.

#33 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 20 May 2022 - 10:14 PM

View PostTheSpireite1866, on 16 May 2022 - 07:32 PM, said:

I wonder how likely the introduction of safe standing would cost for just the kop? Another idea I think isn’t a bad shout.

Last week’s programme mentioned that the trust were looking at the 3d pitches , the supporters bar and ground improvements. What ground improvements ??

#34 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 20 May 2022 - 10:59 PM

View Postsmiffy, on 20 May 2022 - 10:14 PM, said:

Last week’s programme mentioned that the trust were looking at the 3d pitches , the supporters bar and ground improvements. What ground improvements ??

Maybe pigeon nets; refurb of lounges ; fencing round perimeter; loads of plastic seats with cracks in the back; sure there’s plenty after the neglect of the stadium.
God I hate this league.

#35 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 20 May 2022 - 11:00 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 20 May 2022 - 08:32 PM, said:

So keep cramming us East Standers into one set of turnstiles, one concessions stand, and a couple of loos so we can have 200 Spireites, that could easily be accommodated elsewhere, given free range of the North Stand.
East stand second class citizen.

#36 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2022 - 05:58 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 20 May 2022 - 11:00 PM, said:

So keep cramming us East Standers into one set of turnstiles, one concessions stand, and a couple of loos so we can have 200 Spireites, that could easily be accommodated elsewhere, given free range of the North Stand.

Weee moving out of the East Stand next season and the main reason is the queues for everything, getting in, for a beer or a pie etc. I’d not had a ST in 10+ years and hadn’t been regularly to home games for 3/4 years but when I did go I’d go in W7 and the concourses were much bigger and no queues so thinking of moving up there

#37 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 21 May 2022 - 08:18 AM

View PostCFC91, on 21 May 2022 - 05:58 AM, said:

Weee moving out of the East Stand next season and the main reason is the queues for everything, getting in, for a beer or a pie etc. I’d not had a ST in 10+ years and hadn’t been regularly to home games for 3/4 years but when I did go I’d go in W7 and the concourses were much bigger and no queues so thinking of moving up there

The good new is that there was plenty of room in the west stand concourse last Satday. The bad news is that there was no beer or pies.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#38 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 May 2022 - 11:23 AM

View Postdim view, on 21 May 2022 - 08:18 AM, said:

The good new is that there was plenty of room in the west stand concourse last Satday. The bad news is that there was no beer or pies.

No 50/50 seller in the North Stand either. I’d raised my change pot too especially.

#39 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 21 May 2022 - 01:26 PM

View Postdim view, on 21 May 2022 - 08:18 AM, said:

Should think there was plenty of room last Saturday , we didn't have a game!!!!😂

#40 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 21 May 2022 - 04:15 PM

We've moved from the East stand into the West stand just behind the dugouts. Not because of the queues but because now my lad is over 18 it just doesn't seem right that we sit in the family stand. But the queues did get right on my t*ts!!
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users