Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Radio Derby Tonight - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Radio Derby Tonight

#1 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

I take it all back about them being one sided on Saturday..... tonights sportsscene nothing but praise for our players,our diamond formation and the way we played,for paul cook and our supporters saying we were marvellous which makes you proud of your team.
There was this oldish guy who follows derby had to laugh put the presenters on the spot cos he was giving our following a right old praise,best away support hed seen and he wished we had scored a goal just to see us celebrate,must be the best away support they seen for many a while...but to put it all in prospective and what did upset me the fans and craig ramage were really larging our players Darikwa,Morsy,Doyle,Raglan,Ryan,oshea,clucas and Cooky,all ready being noticed and will inevitably move on to bigger things...only problem there that's half our side.

#2 User is offline   matlocktown 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

View Postbullseyerob, on 26 January 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

I take it all back about them being one sided on Saturday..... tonights sportsscene nothing but praise for our players,our diamond formation and the way we played,for paul cook and our supporters saying we were marvellous which makes you proud of your team.
There was this oldish guy who follows derby had to laugh put the presenters on the spot cos he was giving our following a right old praise,best away support hed seen and he wished we had scored a goal just to see us celebrate,must be the best away support they seen for many a while...but to put it all in prospective and what did upset me the fans and craig ramage were really larging our players Darikwa,Morsy,Doyle,Raglan,Ryan,oshea,clucas and Cooky,all ready being noticed and will inevitably move on to bigger things...only problem there that's half our side.

Maybe one or two of your lads rung in, your team was fantastic, I expected a lot more noise and quality of chant from your support. We had Leeds and Chelsea at Pride Park recently so some exaggeration on the support, biggest allocation taken though for a few years.

#3 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

Those are the only players capable that would cut it in the championship, O'shea on a good day at a push oh and add in Roberts.

#4 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

There's something about your username that leads me to think you should be a Matlock fan. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

#5 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

The following was genuinely bizarre, it was an absolute cacophony of sound at times and eerily silent at others.

I really feared in the 2nd half was going to be a damp squib and then suddenly it exploded and was deafening at the back of the stand.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#6 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

View Postbullseyerob, on 26 January 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

I'm afraid the damage has already been donnas far as I'm concerned with their early mealy mouthed comments
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#7 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

I'm afraid the damage has already been donnas far as I'm concerned with their early mealy mouthed comments

They actually told it as I had been saying all along.We were the better team but without the killer instinct.Craig Ramage said that if we had scored it could of been a different result plus the relief when we scored the second goal and even I felt that.

#8 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 26 January 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

The following was genuinely bizarre, it was an absolute cacophony of sound at times and eerily silent at others.

I really feared in the 2nd half was going to be a damp squib and then suddenly it exploded and was deafening at the back of the stand.

I think what it was, is it seemed to be one of those days where we weren't quite sure if we would score or (truthfully) get tanked on the break. When we started to push on, started to look a little bit threatening the crowd responded which fed the players some more. I truly believe that if we had scored then the noise we would've generated would've picked the team up so much we could've gone on and won it.
Maybe if Roberts were playing then we would've been more "up for it" so to speak.
Unfortunately it was not to be this time but it's so good to be a spireite right now.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#9 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

Well I hope we can hang on to the squad as it is and have a right good go at it but I also trust PC to have a back up plan ready to bring the right type of replacement in. I'm not worried either way. This season is going to be one hell of a ride.

#10 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 26 January 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

I thought at times we actually missed the drummer

#11 User is offline   kh83 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 26 January 2015 - 09:07 PM, said:

Those are the only players capable that would cut it in the championship, O'shea on a good day at a push oh and add in Roberts.

No way O'Shea, think he'll be released at the end of the season and end up in league 2... Along with Banks
We 8 Mansfield oh we 8 Mansfield!!

#12 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

View Postkh83, on 26 January 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

No way O'Shea, think he'll be released at the end of the season and end up in league 2... Along with Banks

Well, we'll have to pay them up as they are both contracted to summer 2016 :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by azul: 26 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#13 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Well, we'll have to pay them up as they are both contracted to summer 2016 :rolleyes:

I like what JOS has to offer, if he was shown the door then I would say well as a club we've come a long way when we can show players of his ability the door. Won't happen though will it.
God I hate this league.

#14 User is offline   cfc_scott 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

View Postkh83, on 26 January 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

O'shea is the only player we have that can use both feet, he isn't afraid to shoot either. Not a chance he will get released or end up in league two!!

#15 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

View Postcfc_scott, on 27 January 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

O'shea is the only player we have that can use both feet, he isn't afraid to shoot either. Not a chance he will get released or end up in league two!!

If he plays as he did Saturday he will be an integral part of the team. He's better than L2 just needs to show it more often.

#16 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 27 January 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

If he plays as he did Saturday he will be an integral part of the team. He's better than L2 just needs to show it more often.

Big game player - Derby and Burton away last season are good examples - talented but doesn't always do it in the bread and butter games.

#17 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

View Postboot, on 27 January 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Big game player - Derby and Burton away last season are good examples - talented but doesn't always do it in the bread and butter games.

He had his best game for a long time against Derby, that's for sure. Time will tell if he'll turn it on for the bread and butter stuff, but if he does we'll be a bit lethal.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users