• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bradford Budget

#1 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Just read this on the BBC in the FA Cup draw coverage.

Bradford's joint chairman Mark Lawn has revealed three good reasons why he hopes his club gets paired against Manchester United in tonight's FA Cup draw - should Louis van Gaal's side beat Cambridge in the replay.
The League One club pulled off one of the biggest upsets of all time when coming back from two goals down against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday to book their place in the fifth round with a remarkable 4-2 win.
Lawn, whose wife Yvonne has been winning her own battle against bowel cancer, said: "I want Man United for my wife, she's a big Man United fan, co-chairman Julian Rhodes wants them for the money and Phil Parkinson wants them just from the playing point of view.
"This year we gave Phil a million pounds more than we could afford (on playing budget), but he's repaid it.
"Julian and I aren't stupid, we know we haven't got that kind of money to put in.
."

Obviously Bradford's achievements this year are great.It's come lucky. But I can't fathom the part where they said that they gave Parkinson £1,000,000 more than they can afford, then followed it up with saying that they aren't stupid.

I know lots of our fans want Dave Allen to take a bit of a risk. But would anyone really like to hear that as a club we budgeted to spend a million pounds more than we could afford?

I wouldn't.
Up the Blues

#2 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

View PostDMU Blue, on 26 January 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

Just read this on the BBC in the FA Cup draw coverage.

Obviously Bradford's achievements this year are great.It's come lucky. But I can't fathom the part where they said that they gave Parkinson £1,000,000 more than they can afford, then followed it up with saying that they aren't stupid.

I know lots of our fans want Dave Allen to take a bit of a risk. But would anyone really like to hear that as a club we budgeted to spend a million pounds more than we could afford?

I wouldn't.

Blunts have got that if MU beat Cambridge and they beat Preston.
God I hate this league.

#3 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

Did we not end up spending a million pounds more than we had anyway?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users