Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Very Disappointed Today. I Expected A Lot Better From Them... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Very Disappointed Today. I Expected A Lot Better From Them...

#101 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

View Postmatlocktown, on 26 January 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

There is an element of delusions of granduer at present, which always makes me uncomfortable as when we have got too big for our real status in the past it has led to a fall. We are not a big club, a well supported provincial county club is what we are, we are not as big as Leeds as many on that forum made out when we had our games against them. That forum is the biggest but not the best DCFC forum it has the quantity but the quality posters and discussion is on 2 of the others.

A lot of our fans were expecting a comfortable game, I didn't I have seen you play and was aware if you played well on the day your brand of football was always likely to expose our weaknesses. That said I was always confident we would win because I don't think you are the best defensively, other than the right-back who stands out.

We usually defend very well on the whole, but are always prone to giving a soft goal or two away. We didn't deserve to win at the weekend as we were very wasteful with our final ball/ shot and didn't trouble your keeper, very unlike us, but it happens. I agree though another centre half is needed and we are apparently looking at one. Good luck for the rest of the season and if we don't gain promotion ourselves, I'd like to see you go up.
#notapennymore

#102 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

I agree the Doncaster game is daft as the demand for that game just isn't there

Isn't it?

http://www.doncaster...e-2227318.aspx?

They've sold 1500 already. As we can't charge home supporters less than away supporters and as it is likely there will be more pay for the day visitors than home fans, the prices seem vindicated

#103 User is offline   matlocktown 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 26 January 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

We usually defend very well on the whole, but are always prone to giving a soft goal or two away. We didn't deserve to win at the weekend as we were very wasteful with our final ball/ shot and didn't trouble your keeper, very unlike us, but it happens. I agree though another centre half is needed and we are apparently looking at one. Good luck for the rest of the season and if we don't gain promotion ourselves, I'd like to see you go up.

Thanks we have a good chance but I think it will be close either way for top 2 and play-offs again would be hard to bear. For us I can see it going right to the last game, we have a midfielder George Thorne who was a class above last season, he got his second ACL tear pre-season, he is back training now if he can get back to form it would be a huge boost but it is a big ask.

Whether MaClaren will stay next season not too confident, if he doesn't your manager would do me.

#104 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

View Postmatlocktown, on 26 January 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Thanks we have a good chance but I think it will be close either way for top 2 and play-offs again would be hard to bear. For us I can see it going right to the last game, we have a midfielder George Thorne who was a class above last season, he got his second ACL tear pre-season, he is back training now if he can get back to form it would be a huge boost but it is a big ask.

Whether MaClaren will stay next season not too confident, if he doesn't your manager would do me.

Enjoyed talking to you until your last comment to which the second word of my two word reply is 'off' ;)

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 26 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

#notapennymore

#105 User is offline   matlocktown 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 26 January 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Enjoyed talking to you until your last comment to which the second word of my two word reply is 'off' ;)

Sorry couldn't resist it but he is an impressive guy much more than our last scouse manager Paul Jewell :angry

#106 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

View Postmatlocktown, on 26 January 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Sorry couldn't resist it but he is an impressive guy much more than our last scouse manager Paul Jewell :angry

Best manager I've ever known for us and the best football I ever known as well. I'll be gutted when we lose him. A team like Derby would do it tbf, though I can't see him being daft enough to make the wrong move and end up with a Championship club with no ambition and a dodgy chairman, that would be suicidal for his career as he's on a winner here; though it could do his bank balance the world of good in the short term, but then he's got to start all over again with someone else who will more than likely be lower down the football pyramid than us and not have the backing as he's got here.

I wouldn't want Paul Jewell either :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 26 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

#notapennymore

#107 User is offline   SpireiteRachel 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

The Derby Fans I've spoke to at work all thought it was a good game and we just lacked the finish in front of goal

#108 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostBeelzebub, on 26 January 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

Isn't it?

http://www.doncaster...e-2227318.aspx?

They've sold 1500 already. As we can't charge home supporters less than away supporters and as it is likely there will be more pay for the day visitors than home fans, the prices seem vindicated

I was referring to our support as you were probably aware

However if it is just down to ripping off away supporters lets not complain when it happens to us

Your second paragraph is probably incorrect anyway as there's likely to be 2000 cash customers in the home end
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#109 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

Your second paragraph is probably incorrect anyway as there's likely to be 2000 cash customers in the home end

Let's hope so, 4k paying customers means another gate of over 8k and will boost the coffers nicely

#110 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Anyway...laugh of Saturday had to be the looks on some Derby fans' faces in the pub post match when I told them the Wednesday lad was ineligible and the game would have to be replayed.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 26 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#111 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostBeelzebub, on 26 January 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Let's hope so, 4k paying customers means another gate of over 8k and will boost the coffers nicely

Could be sub 5000 crowd tomorrow but if we don't get 6000 home fans against Donny that would be very poor and it would have DA moaning like hell and rethinking his investment options

#112 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostTownRam, on 26 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Saturdays performance was like watching a different team, we tried a new formation in each half, the first half we were shambolic at the back, defender, wing back and midfielders looking at each other like they didn't know their jobs, you doubled up alot on our wingbacks and we didn't seem to know if it was a centre back or a midfielder who should be helping out. Second half we went to a 4312 with Martin dropping in behind Russell and Bent. Neither formation suited really. The way we usually play is 4123, with a holding midfielder with two infront pushing on and playing off Martin and two wide players also pushing on. that is the style we have played since SM has been in charge. I believe the problem was that SM was trying to get Bent in the team. It was an experimental game for us, luckily the experiment paid off. Hughes is our main man, alot of people say he's overated but if you actually watch him he never wastes a pass, his weight of pass is always spot on and he makes the game look effortless, it seems to be that highly rated midfielders these days, like Zaha, Ince need to beat 10 players, have an abudance of pace and score every game, Hughes doesn't that but what he does do he does very well. Look where it got Zaha and Ince. Our major problem at the minute is that we are missing our two CDM's in Thorne and Eustace, we can play all the nice football but lack that bit of bite. Omar Mascarell has been doing it of late and is ok but is very lightweight, typical Spanish CDM, when he plays we need to crowd the midfield. All in all we will need a few new players should we go up but with the same token we need to get players back in form, Christie, Forsyth, Bryson, Hendrick, Dawkins are all lacking form, Ward was on fire but got injured and looks rusty. But with a win tomorrow and we are joint top so not all bad, if we can hit some form we will be fine. You guys saw us Sat far from our best trying 2 new systems. Take nothing away from you though, if you were to go up i would say you would need a little more quality upfront but the football is there for all to see

Agreed, although the formation is more of a 4-1-2-2-1 if im being picky, we only play with one CDM.

Thanx for the replies, both of you.
God I hate this league.

#113 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

View PostMersey Paradise, on 26 January 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Those prices are an example of the pros and cons of the Catergory system.

£27 is a disgrace for Donny in my eyes for League 1 football where as £19 for a Championship game against a half decent opposition is reasonably priced and you can see Derbys marketing team have realised a midweek fixture won't be a sell out if its a normal price.

Personally I think our prices are too high but the demand is still there so you can't blame town for not lowering them - though I do think we have got the Catergory system all wrong. Midweek games at home should be a couple of quid less - tomorrow crowd will be the lowest of the season I assume so would have thought we would have been proactive in the marketing and pricing and knocked a few quid off for those who went to the Derby game or just in general to try and get some of the bandwagoners back in.

No money to be made in empty seats, and there will be 5000 odd of those tomorrow night unfortunately.

Easiest way not to pay £27 is to buy a season ticket, makes it very reasonable, per match price

This post has been edited by Ernie Ernie Ernie: 26 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

#114 User is offline   S43_Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Footy, Computers and Holidays in Florida

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 January 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

Easiest way not to pay £27 is to buy a season ticket, makes it very reasonable, per match price

Unless you can't get to all the home games Ernie, then it makes it an expensive game ;)
#StopGoing

#115 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 January 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

daft

#116 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

View PostSpireiteRachel, on 26 January 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

The Derby Fans I've spoke to at work all thought it was a good game and we just lacked the finish in front of goal

Did you and your dad go Rachel ?

#117 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

daft

No it's simple economics

#118 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

View PostS43_Spireite, on 26 January 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Unless you can't get to all the home games Ernie, then it makes it an expensive game ;)

True, but you can miss a fair few and still be in profit.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users