• You cannot reply to this topic

Without Roberts

#1 User is offline   Younger 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Everything blue

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

gutted that Gary will not be involved tomorrow. I just feel that he is integral to everything we are about. We are certainly a weaker side without the man. All in all our squad is still good enough to beat anyone on our day if we put our chances away. UTB
Never put a Scab in your mouth, Its just dirty

#2 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostYounger, on 24 January 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

gutted that Gary will not be involved tomorrow. I just feel that he is integral to everything we are about. We are certainly a weaker side without the man. All in all our squad is still good enough to beat anyone on our day if we put our chances away. UTB

Who we playing tomorrow?

#3 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

View Posthilly81, on 24 January 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Who we playing tomorrow?

YOU WOULDNT KNOW YOU DONT GO VERY OFTEN :wacko:

#4 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 24 January 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

YOU WOULDNT KNOW YOU DONT GO VERY OFTEN :wacko:

And?

#5 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

When Roberts plays well town win...... A huge player for us and a big miss, but what an opportunity for the likes of JOS Gardner Clucas to step up and be the next player Cook builds a side around. If your not motivated for this game then you need to look for a normal job and play Sunday league
A new hope.

#6 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 24 January 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

When Roberts plays well town win...... A huge player for us and a big miss, but what an opportunity for the likes of JOS Gardner Clucas to step up and be the next player Cook builds a side around. If your not motivated for this game then you need to look for a normal job and play Sunday league

Exactly my thoughts, I think O'Shea will replace Robbo as he is the next best option, this really is his time to shine.
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#7 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 24 January 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

JOS will not disappoint...
God I hate this league.

#8 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

JOS is the next flair player after Robbo so it makes sense. Unfortunately, he if does play a blinder, he'll still get hooked after 60-70 mins! But on the flip side, replaced by DG - with fresh legs and the match going our way- ain't got bad substitution. COYB!!!!

#9 User is offline   Younger 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything blue

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:15 AM

Easily good enough without Roberts in the league. Onwards and upwards. Jayo to bag over the coming home games
Never put a Scab in your mouth, Its just dirty

#10 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 24 January 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

JOS will not disappoint...

And didn't - in fact looked the most likely to score. Snag is, he isn't a provider in the Roberts mould that Doyle needs.
Still, he rose to the occasion yesterday as I've not seen him do for some time and he can look forward to a starting place for a few weeks at least.

#11 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

On our way back home after the game yesterday, we ran into a group of Bradford fans fresh from their win yesterday. Most of them were full of praise for Roberts. Consensus was that they thought he was one of the best attackers in the division, although they also seemed to think he was a "bit of a ****" diving-wise. A player you love to have on your team and hate to play against.

Personally, I reckon he's a brilliant player when he wants to be, although I hate his corner taking, they're overhit EVERY SINGLE TIME and part of the reason we rarely take advantage of opportunities from corners.

#12 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

Gary knows he cant take corners. Paul Cook knows he cant take corners. We just dont have a decent set piece taker.

#13 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

View PostGoku, on 25 January 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Gary knows he cant take corners. Paul Cook knows he cant take corners. We just dont have a decent set piece taker.

I think our problem with corners is as much our lack of height as it is the quality of the delivery.
I don't think the delivery is great but it makes it harder when you're aiming at smaller targets who will have to time it to perfection to out jump their markers.
We can practice the delivery and that will be easier to coach than making players two footed.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#14 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

View Posth again, on 25 January 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

And didn't - in fact looked the most likely to score. Snag is, he isn't a provider in the Roberts mould that Doyle needs.
Still, he rose to the occasion yesterday as I've not seen him do for some time and he can look forward to a starting place for a few weeks at least.

How do folks feel about my view on Morsy - before you go ape time and time again he wanted 2/3 touches and needed to get his head up to feed JOS and Doyle who were both making early forward runs requiring the occasional first time ball.
God I hate this league.

#15 User is offline   s43spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

said exactly the same yesterday dave he was holding onto the ball way too long when an early pass would have put someone usually J.o through on goal, by the way before all the professional board members who,s only there opinions count jump on i also had him down as mom

#16 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 25 January 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

I think our problem with corners is as much our lack of height as it is the quality of the delivery.
I don't think the delivery is great but it makes it harder when you're aiming at smaller targets who will have to time it to perfection to out jump their markers.
We can practice the delivery and that will be easier to coach than making players two footed.

I think we are not patient enough in the final third, we repeatedly cross balls that to be honest never have a threat beacause of what we have up front. We play better and are more successful playing the ball on the floor. Margretter has been a big miss a corners.
God I hate this league.

#17 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 January 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

I think we are not patient enough in the final third, we repeatedly cross balls that to be honest never have a threat beacause of what we have up front. We play better and are more successful playing the ball on the floor. Margretter has been a big miss a corners.

Can't agree on that. We don't get the ball into the danger area nearly quick enough. There are times when you'll have to keep passing it about in front of a defence, but when you've done that you've still got to find a way through and a packed defence that's had every opportunity to organise itself is a bridge too far for players at our level.
If we're playing on the floor, as we should,the ball needs to go forward quickly to catch defences in two minds. I don't know that Morsy is any worse at holding on to the ball that the others, but it's a fact that we tend to over-elaborate sometimes.
If he moved the ball quicker he'd be worth 5 million instead of a mere 4.

#18 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostGoku, on 25 January 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

A disgraceful situation for a L1 club, or L2 or the Conference for that matter.

#19 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

View Posth again, on 25 January 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

A disgraceful situation for a L1 club, or L2 or the Conference for that matter....

...and, as PC said on Player, defending set pieces is our achilles heal. We are too small at CH and I think he'll change the partnership to include Evo. Who he moves is a good question. If Armand is left out, we are simply too small as a team.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#20 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 January 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

...and, as PC said on Player, defending set pieces is our achilles heal. We are too small at CH and I think he'll change the partnership to include Evo. Who he moves is a good question. If Armand is left out, we are simply too small as a team.

I was wondering if Evatt might have got a header in and prevented their first goal yesterday, but we'll never know. I'd be a lot happier with Magreiter in there,especially if we aren't going to strengthen the attack. I think we can score enough goals with who we've got to get into the play-offs - but that's only if we can make a habit of a few clean sheets.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users