Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Politics Of Handling Seb - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Politics Of Handling Seb

#61 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:51 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 19 January 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

Concussion is automatically 10 days with no playing

That's a no then
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#62 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

Can they train?

#63 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 19 January 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Can they train?

No and in fact it looks like they've increased it this season to 14 days

http://www.thefa.com...oach/concussion

#64 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 19 January 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

No and in fact it looks like they've increased it this season to 14 days

http://www.thefa.com...oach/concussion

If he's concussed, tell him he's Tony Adams and send him back out there. Etc etc
These go to eleven.

#65 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

No it's not......

#66 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

View Posth again, on 19 January 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

We play long, high balls to the strikers, Ched included, because we don't have the midfield to work it through to feet. The midfield can't do that, partly because they aren't brilliant, but mainly because they're playing too deep to cover for the defence.
Can't see much changing if I'm honest, but it would be nice to see some progress in getting to the root of the problem.
Meanwhile, if SEB wants any more career in football he's going to have to buckle down and make the best of what scraps he's given.

It's not about the defence. We simply aren't good enough to control the centre of the park. It's not that CM isn't brilliant it's that CM is ferkin awful. Nolan is ok there . Dimaio and O'neill are not. We need 2 good CMs and the defence will look after itself.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 19 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

#67 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 19 January 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

If it waddles like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it's a duck.

From his first game he ambled about the pitch, whining constantly and stinking the place out. He can't be bothered to get in shape and is such a negative influence on the dressing room that in a time of crisis our manager would rather he sat at home than on the bench.

He thinks he's owed a living and is a bad example to our young players. Why anyone thinks any of the above will change is a mystery to me. Shrewsbury, with a far worse forward line than us, thought he was a waste of space; the only thing he contributed in his time there was a brawl at the Xmas shindig. In terms of overpaid garbage we've signed only Jason Lee beats him. I'll be glad when he's paid up and fecked off.

That's a pretty fair summary, like others I would love him to come back, score goals, be a team player and be a great influence on the youngsters, sadly I don't think he will
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#68 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

Main thing is Hird plays CB.

#69 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

View Postsophocles, on 18 January 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

This will obviously be a very unpopular comment on this board, but I believe that the sensible thing to do would be at least to give SEB a chance to show what he can do. I detest the childish and unfunny 'jokes' about his supposed lack of fitness/condition, and the propensity of some on here to ignore the facts. Those facts are that in his time with us his goals to minutes played ratio has been very good - infinitely better than that of Evans, who is worshipped by some on here despite the fact that he has done very little so far. Now SEB may be lazy and unfit - I wasn't at Matlock so can't comment, but I know that when he was last here we played idiotic long/high balls to him while he was marked by a huge CB. I wasn't in the least surprised he got completely cheesed off. How about just waiting till he's at least been given a chance in a system that suits his abilities before continually denigrating him?

That's a strange post^
You detest the posts about his lack of fitness and condition yet later say he may be lazy and unfit?
This don't forget is the most highly paid player the club has ever had on its books!

#70 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 19 January 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

It's not about the defence. We simply aren't good enough to control the centre of the park. It's not that CM isn't brilliant it's that CM is ferkin awful. Nolan is ok there . Dimaio and O'neill are not. We need 2 good CMs and the defence will look after itself.

You don't feel it's a problem that even with the midfield playing so deep they hardly get the chance to join attacks, we still have the second worst defence in the division?
Interesting point of view.

#71 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

If midfield was strong there would be less pressure on the defence. So to say the defence is the worst in the division is a very simplistic view. With the natural full backs restored it's not bad at all.

#72 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

View Posth again, on 19 January 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

You don't feel it's a problem that even with the midfield playing so deep they hardly get the chance to join attacks, we still have the second worst defence in the division?
Interesting point of view.

The midfield playing deep is a matter of tactics.

We are undoubtedly short in a number of areas, but most would agree our midfield is the most lacking. We at least hope McGinn and Jones will return shortly at the back, but we need a CM above all else. Unless we can retain the ball and control the middle our defence will always be vulnerable.

#73 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 19 January 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

That's a strange post^
You detest the posts about his lack of fitness and condition yet later say he may be lazy and unfit?
This don't forget is the most highly paid player the club has ever had on its books!

Is it? I'm not being facetious, I didn't know this was the case...
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#74 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

Ebanks-Blake really is in the last of the last chance saloons.

Every manager but Saunders (and I use the term 'manager' loosely in his case, of course) thinks he's a waste of a shirt, so it's either finally pull his finger out or find a job outside football.

Maybe it'd be poetic justice if he made up a few stories about Saunders and joined the after dinner circuit.

I guess everyone starts with a blank slate in terms of Caldwell, but it'd be a comeback to shame Lazarus if E-B replicated Novak's contribution of last season.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#75 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 19 January 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

That's a strange post^

Do you try to completely miss the point or does it just come naturally? My remark was purely factual and completely non-judgemental, whereas the posts I refer to are intentionally insulting and bigoted. The salary the club decided to pay him has absolutely no relevance to my comments.

This post has been edited by sophocles: 19 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

#76 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

View Postsophocles, on 18 January 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

This will obviously be a very unpopular comment on this board, but I believe that the sensible thing to do would be at least to give SEB a chance to show what he can do. I detest the childish and unfunny 'jokes' about his supposed lack of fitness/condition, and the propensity of some on here to ignore the facts. Those facts are that in his time with us his goals to minutes played ratio has been very good - infinitely better than that of Evans, who is worshipped by some on here despite the fact that he has done very little so far. Now SEB may be lazy and unfit - I wasn't at Matlock so can't comment, but I know that when he was last here we played idiotic long/high balls to him while he was marked by a huge CB. I wasn't in the least surprised he got completely cheesed off. How about just waiting till he's at least been given a chance in a system that suits his abilities before continually denigrating him?

I detest the fact that people are still debating whether he's worth another go!

He couldn't give a toss. And if you think there's a CB in the game smaller than him, or a style of play where he doesn't have to move his lardy bottom then you're in bobbins territory. Every manager who's had him since Wolves has dropped him like a hot spud. Barring Saunders, the worst manager I've ever witnessed/observed.

His abilities are whining whilst living off of the likes of mine and yours hard-earned. And in all honesty, I'd rather see him rot in the reserves than get a chance ahead of someone like Dennis, who actually seems proud to wear the shirt and will put a shift in. SEB is still (literally) dining out on a couple of good seasons with Wolves. He thinks he's better than this league and his teammates. He isn't.

#77 User is offline   CFC_92 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC&AVFC

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 19 January 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Anderson back for Saturday?

From reading the preview he will be out after suffering concussion last saturday but that's only what I have read 😞
All town aren't we?

#78 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 19 January 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

He couldn't give a toss. And if you think there's a CB in the game smaller than him, or a style of play where he doesn't have to move his lardy bottom then you're in bobbins territory. Every manager who's had him since Wolves has dropped him like a hot spud. Barring Saunders, the worst manager I've ever witnessed/observed.

His abilities are whining whilst living off of the likes of mine and yours hard-earned. And in all honesty, I'd rather see him rot in the reserves than get a chance ahead of someone like Dennis, who actually seems proud to wear the shirt and will put a shift in. SEB is still (literally) dining out on a couple of good seasons with Wolves. He thinks he's better than this league and his teammates. He isn't.

if he gets picked, will you and Fishini stop calling him fat?

The whole point of the thread is to debate whether our crafty DOF might lobby GC into giving him 45 minutes to increase our chances of shipping him out.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#79 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

View Postdim view, on 20 January 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

if he gets picked, will you and Fishini stop calling him fat?

The whole point of the thread is to debate whether our crafty DOF might lobby GC into giving him 45 minutes to increase our chances of shipping him out.

I'll stop mentioning him being out of shape when he gets in shape.

And if you think one good 45 min stint will make any manager in the game (barring one as idiotic as Saunders emerging)thinK SEB isn't a poisoned chalice you're in dreamland. I'm Fairly sure they'll be aware we wouldn't even have him in the dressing room in a relegation scrap,that he gets in brawls, contributes next to nowt and that Shrews didn't even bench him sometimes. Who the hell is going to want to pay actual money for him!?

ps. I hope there is someone stupid enough to buy him or take him off our hands for nowt.

This post has been edited by KevinArnottsGoldenBoot: 20 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

#80 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 19 January 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

The debate centres on who is our third choice striker behind Evans and Dennis. I don't believe SEB is unfit but I do believe he has a poor attitude. Caldwell will decide on both aspects and act accordingly I'm sure. The alternatives are just as problematic - a player who has been v some who aren't and probably never will be.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users