Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Politics Of Handling Seb - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Politics Of Handling Seb

#41 User is offline   turrhall 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:00 AM

View Postsophocles, on 18 January 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

This will obviously be a very unpopular comment on this board, but I believe that the sensible thing to do would be at least to give SEB a chance to show what he can do. I detest the childish and unfunny 'jokes' about his supposed lack of fitness/condition, and the propensity of some on here to ignore the facts. Those facts are that in his time with us his goals to minutes played ratio has been very good - infinitely better than that of Evans, who is worshipped by some on here despite the fact that he has done very little so far. Now SEB may be lazy and unfit - I wasn't at Matlock so can't comment, but I know that when he was last here we played idiotic long/high balls to him while he was marked by a huge CB. I wasn't in the least surprised he got completely cheesed off. How about just waiting till he's at least been given a chance in a system that suits his abilities before continually denigrating him?

Exactly my feelings on SEB.

#42 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

On Ebanks Blake, as someone who likes to quote the odd stat, it strikes me that it's a good stretch to say SEB's strike rate is 'infinitely better' than Ched's; but you could argue that Ched's work rate is infinitely better than SEB's.

As for him needing the ball to feet, we are talking about fellow L1 players, not Premier League standard ball players who may be able or give an accurate first time pass every time. In this league you historically have to make your own opportunities rather than have them fall on a plate.

However I will leave the decision with Caldwell, it will be interesting to see what he thinks.

#43 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

whittman said:

1484764524[/url]' post='1272330']
The players will have been given a clean slate by the new manager so surely it is up to SEB to impress
him and be picked on merit?

Yep when SEB was at Plymouth he was very good player as told to me by a Plymouth fan,Who was a very good friend and a season ticket holderLet's see if GC can make him that decent player again

fishini said:

1484774346[/url]' post='1272392']
A sausage roll per goal should have him firing on all six cylinders

Grow up !!

#44 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

This will obviously be a very unpopular comment on this board, but I believe that the sensible thing to do would be at least to give SEB a chance to show what he can do. I detest the childish and unfunny 'jokes' about his supposed lack of fitness/condition, and the propensity of some on here to ignore the facts. Those facts are that in his time with us his goals to minutes played ratio has been very good - infinitely better than that of Evans, who is worshipped by some on here despite the fact that he has done very little so far. Now SEB may be lazy and unfit - I wasn't at Matlock so can't comment, but I know that when he was last here we played idiotic long/high balls to him while he was marked by a huge CB. I wasn't in the least surprised he got completely cheesed off. How about just waiting till he's at least been given a chance in a system that suits his abilities before continually denigrating him?

I know new manager, clean slate and all that, but the fact remains he gets paid handsomely for playing football for CFC and has not delivered. I know he's scored a few in the team, but hardly star quality. I wonder how much he's cost us per minutes on the pitch.

DW indicated his attitude stinks and shipped him off to Shrewsbury who, by the looks of it, found out that he ain't very good or can't be bothered and stuck him on the bench. It be strange to give a relegation cadidate a highly rated striker given our own position. DW must have realised the lad just isn't up for it.

If he had anything to offer, he would have made an impact at Shrewsbury. He didn't.
If he had the desire to play, he'd ask his agent to get him a move this window and find him a team to suit his style.

#45 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:37 AM

That's what worries me with SEB. He's had his chances and not taken them both here and at Shrewsbury. If I am not mistaken DW said any player not willing to put the effort or bad attitude will be benched or words to that effect.
So what's going to change this time. He can't have the luxury of demanding the ball to his feet every time, and berating players who don't play that way. As I mentioned in a previous post, final chance ?
Perhaps he will realise this and pull out all the stops for us, but I won't hold my breath.

#46 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:39 AM

Preach this, so true.

#47 User is offline   The informer 

• Mr Grumpy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc, West Ham fc,

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostAngel Is A Spireite, on 19 January 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Preach this, so true.

In my opinion he has had more than one chance to prove himself and has blown it,he would be disruptive in the changing room and on the pitch as he always appears to be having a go at his own players. GC get rid A.S.A.P.

#48 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

We play long, high balls to the strikers, Ched included, because we don't have the midfield to work it through to feet. The midfield can't do that, partly because they aren't brilliant, but mainly because they're playing too deep to cover for the defence.
Can't see much changing if I'm honest, but it would be nice to see some progress in getting to the root of the problem.
Meanwhile, if SEB wants any more career in football he's going to have to buckle down and make the best of what scraps he's given.

#49 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 18 January 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

If seb can chip in with half a dozen goals it will help the cause

if you chuck a fish with it he might :rolleyes:

#50 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:31 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 18 January 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

If seb can chip in with half a dozen goals it will help the cause

The guy has scored one checkatrade trophy goal in the last 11 months. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

#51 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:49 PM

If it waddles like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it's a duck.

From his first game he ambled about the pitch, whining constantly and stinking the place out. He can't be bothered to get in shape and is such a negative influence on the dressing room that in a time of crisis our manager would rather he sat at home than on the bench.

He thinks he's owed a living and is a bad example to our young players. Why anyone thinks any of the above will change is a mystery to me. Shrewsbury, with a far worse forward line than us, thought he was a waste of space; the only thing he contributed in his time there was a brawl at the Xmas shindig. In terms of overpaid garbage we've signed only Jason Lee beats him. I'll be glad when he's paid up and fecked off.

#52 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 19 January 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

If it waddles like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it's a duck.

From his first game he ambled about the pitch, whining constantly and stinking the place out. He can't be bothered to get in shape and is such a negative influence on the dressing room that in a time of crisis our manager would rather he sat at home than on the bench.

He thinks he's owed a living and is a bad example to our young players. Why anyone thinks any of the above will change is a mystery to me. Shrewsbury, with a far worse forward line than us, thought he was a waste of space; the only thing he contributed in his time there was a brawl at the Xmas shindig. In terms of overpaid garbage we've signed only Jason Lee beats him. I'll be glad when he's paid up and fecked off.

Agree with almost all of that. Apart from his first game, when he scored one and set up two.

#53 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 19 January 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

A MASSIVE HERE HERE THINKS HE IS BETTER THAN HE REALLY IS , BAD INFLUENCE ON SQUAD , MOST NOTICABLE UNINTERESTED PLAYER AT TOWN IVE SEEN IN YEARS ,GET RID ASAP

#54 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 19 January 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

Agree with almost all of that. Apart from his first game, when he scored one and set up two.

I was there. But he still stunk the place out imo. Not in terms of stats but his general demeanour.

He was whining and admonishing players that day, was out of shape (after a full pre-season) and (I felt) a negative influence. He's not the kind of bloke I'd want in my team. Though if he'd had anywhere near as much influence on games after the Barnsley match with any kind of regularity there might be an argument to be made for his inclusion. But he hasn't.

#55 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

It will be a case of ridding the club of dead wood for GC and looking to future.
Fortunately for us, a lot are out of contract which can give GC more or less a blank canvas.
Unfortunately, being brutal and non compromising might see some fan favourites go - Tommy, Evo, Jones, as well as SEB

#56 User is offline   CFC_92 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC&AVFC

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

'Quite involved' is hardly a ringing endorsement of his efforts.

He worked the channels well he looked up to speed I hope he silences his doubters and gets in the team and scores some goals to fire us to safety.
All town aren't we?

#57 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

He's certainly got ability he needs a final chance here I'd love to see him do well

#58 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

Anderson back for Saturday?
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#59 User is offline   KevG 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 19 January 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

I spoke,briefly, to one of our senior players this morning, he will have to be out for 2 weeks because its his second such injury in 6 months,,,, so saturday, and a blank week next week?

#60 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 19 January 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

Concussion is automatically 10 days with no playing

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »