Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Politics Of Handling Seb - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Politics Of Handling Seb

#21 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

A sausage roll per goal should have him firing on all six cylinders
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#22 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

If it is a clean slate and fresh chance for everyone, then I would have thought SEB will realise that this really is his last chance saloon.
If he wants a career in football that is.

#23 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 18 January 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

If it is a clean slate and fresh chance for everyone, then I would have thought SEB will realise that this really is his last chance saloon.
If he wants a career in football that is.

It's a no-brainer. Does he want to get back to where he was with a potential 5 grand a week pay cheque, or does he slide quietly out of the game and spend the rest of his life poor.

Like I said - a no-brainer, but trouble is that the same logic applied last season and this, and the preferred option seems to be to waste his talent in idling about and sulking.

Tragic. But there's still a very good striker in there somewhere if it can be brought out.

#24 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

View Posth again, on 18 January 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

It's a no-brainer. Does he want to get back to where he was with a potential 5 grand a week pay cheque, or does he slide quietly out of the game and spend the rest of his life poor.

Like I said - a no-brainer, but trouble is that the same logic applied last season and this, and the preferred option seems to be to waste his talent in idling about and sulking.

Tragic. But there's still a very good striker in there somewhere if it can be brought out.

Having spent the majority of his career in the championship i doubt very much that he's poor, infact that could be part of why he looks uninterested, because he don't need the money.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#25 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

This will obviously be a very unpopular comment on this board, but I believe that the sensible thing to do would be at least to give SEB a chance to show what he can do. I detest the childish and unfunny 'jokes' about his supposed lack of fitness/condition, and the propensity of some on here to ignore the facts. Those facts are that in his time with us his goals to minutes played ratio has been very good - infinitely better than that of Evans, who is worshipped by some on here despite the fact that he has done very little so far. Now SEB may be lazy and unfit - I wasn't at Matlock so can't comment, but I know that when he was last here we played idiotic long/high balls to him while he was marked by a huge CB. I wasn't in the least surprised he got completely cheesed off. How about just waiting till he's at least been given a chance in a system that suits his abilities before continually denigrating him?

#26 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

View Postsophocles, on 18 January 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

This will obviously be a very unpopular comment on this board, but I believe that the sensible thing to do would be at least to give SEB a chance to show what he can do. I detest the childish and unfunny 'jokes' about his supposed lack of fitness/condition, and the propensity of some on here to ignore the facts. Those facts are that in his time with us his goals to minutes played ratio has been very good - infinitely better than that of Evans, who is worshipped by some on here despite the fact that he has done very little so far. Now SEB may be lazy and unfit - I wasn't at Matlock so can't comment, but I know that when he was last here we played idiotic long/high balls to him while he was marked by a huge CB. I wasn't in the least surprised he got completely cheesed off. How about just waiting till he's at least been given a chance in a system that suits his abilities before continually denigrating him?

Seb is better than some of our other options and that's a fact, ut he should be he probably earns about 4 times as much

#27 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

View Posth again, on 18 January 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

He's not likely to get a bigger club and 5k a week even if he scores a few goals

#28 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 18 January 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Seb is better than some of our other options and that's a fact, ut he should be he probably earns about 4 times as much

What exactly has that got to do with judging his footballing ability? He didn't award himself his salary (whatever it is).

#29 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

View Postsophocles, on 18 January 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

What exactly has that got to do with judging his footballing ability? He didn't award himself his salary (whatever it is).

I agree and I suspect he might just get a start on Saturday ahead of Dennis.

One last chance before he is paid off
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#30 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

View Postazul, on 18 January 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

I agree and I suspect he might just get a start on Saturday ahead of Dennis.

One last chance before he is paid off

That's fair enough, he should be ditched if he doesn't take his next opportunity.

#31 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

Yes I would give him a chance he did score 10 goals in a poor side last season.and help keep us up .we don't know what went of with seb and Danny.if owt at all.but if its a clean slate for all players to prove themselves to Gary Caldwell then that should apply to seb as well.and as its seems its one out one in .be no new strikers because we need a decent midfielder to supply chad and maybe seb to hopefully fire us to safety.?

#32 User is offline   CFC_92 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC&AVFC

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

View Postdim view, on 18 January 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Will our DOF gently pressurise GC to pick and play SEB for at least 45 minutes on Saturday? I think he will. The outcome could be immensely rewarding.

I hope he gets some game time on the pitch on saturday he took his goal well in the DFA cup defeat to matlock on tuesday night and got quite involved during the course of the 90 mins
All town aren't we?

#33 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:47 PM

View Postspireite_1992, on 18 January 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

I hope he gets some game time on the pitch on saturday he took his goal well in the DFA cup defeat to matlock on tuesday night and got quite involved during the course of the 90 mins

'Quite involved' is hardly a ringing endorsement of his efforts.

#34 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:58 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

'Quite involved' is hardly a ringing endorsement of his efforts.

I suspect Evans would be little more than "quite involved" in that shower present at Matlock

This post has been edited by azul: 18 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#35 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:19 PM

If seb can chip in with half a dozen goals it will help the cause

#36 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

That's what I think.
At Matlock he wasn't lazy and he's not unfit. He's a clone of Dennis, he knows Dennis doesn't deserve to be dropped, and he's OOC. With that pressure and this being the last game he can show off before the deadline, it's in CFC's interest to give him a start in my opinion. If he blows his chance then we've lost nowt.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#37 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:44 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 18 January 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Dennis deserve first dibs on any availability up front. He's actually been here, grafted hard in a bad team and earned his opportunity. Ebanks-Blake has shown nothing, not even struggling Shrewsbury deemed him worthy of a place in the first team, and sometimes not even the bench, that's shows a lot about his attitude to improve. To magically expect him to just become good again at the flick of a finger is naive.

# desperate straw clutching

#38 User is offline   CFC_92 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

View Posttedspireite, on 18 January 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Yes I would give him a chance he did score 10 goals in a poor side last season.and help keep us up .we don't know what went of with seb and Danny.if owt at all.but if its a clean slate for all players to prove themselves to Gary Caldwell then that should apply to seb as well.and as its seems its one out one in .be no new strikers because we need a decent midfielder to supply chad and maybe seb to hopefully fire us to safety.?

This post has been edited by spireite_1992: 18 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

All town aren't we?

#39 User is offline   CFC_92 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

View Postdim view, on 18 January 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

That's what I think.
At Matlock he wasn't lazy and he's not unfit. He's a clone of Dennis, he knows Dennis doesn't deserve to be dropped, and he's OOC. With that pressure and this being the last game he can show off before the deadline, it's in CFC's interest to give him a start in my opinion. If he blows his chance then we've lost nowt.

Well I was at matlock too and he did put a shift in he worked the ball well with service he got with SEB and jake beesley the 2 up top. I think he needs a good run in the side to show people what he can do he has got pedigree yes he does look a tad overweight but if he keeps working for the team and supply us with goals we need to stay in league 1 then that might silence the critics but time will tell
All town aren't we?

#40 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:03 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

I think he'll be very badly advised to pressurise GC at all. Over anything.

CT hardly has history of pressurising ANY of the managers( football or otherwise) that have worked for him during his time here!

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users