Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Players Caldwell Might Bring In - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Players Caldwell Might Bring In

#21 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

View PostSpireite Stone, on 18 January 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

Chris McCann already has returned to Atlanta. He is more of a future target I think. Reece Wabara will be available on a free and when fit, would be an excellent signing. As far as I'm aware, though, he hasn't played since May, so that could be an issue - At least initially.

SEB certainly tried harder than usual last night but was rarely effective. He is, however, a poacher, so in the right team, he will score goals. Whether that team is Chesterfield or not, I'm not so sure. I hope so, though.

A poacher? As in shooting elephant and rhino to have something with his chips?

#22 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 18 January 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

What do you call AFC Wimbledon for their stadium thievery?

AFC Wimbledong?

#23 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostEssex_Spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

I would guess that Richie will be in line for a pay rise if he is to become assistant manager. From rumours in the past it seems like he isnt on much money at the club but I may be completely wrong.

As for Martinez, people say he needs time. Yes he does but he is out of contract at the end of the season and I would say its 90% certain he wont be here next season.

Rightly so. We aren't in the position to offer contracts to players who have only played 7 odd professional games in the last three years

#24 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

Wimbledongs, as stated above. I was not defending what they did/are trying to do to Kingstonian, mainly because I don't understand the issue.
These go to eleven.

#25 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostEssex_Spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Agreed, would like us to sign a right back. Someone with some pace, like a Darikwa type (whats happened to him by the way?)

The biggest thing we need this month is a central midfielder in my view. Someone who can dictate the game and not afraid to get stuck in. I know Martinez is on his way back but I dont think he will be that player who can do this.

Agree re the midfield. As for RB it depends on mcginn being fit and available. We arguably need a LB if Jones isn't going to be fit again.

#26 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

I would add into that a central defender, as it is unlikely Evo will be playing next season . Therefore we need an Evo clone but younger, someone who is tall and bulky but can still move quick when needed.

#27 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

Rajesh Khosla

#28 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 18 January 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

What an absolute waste for the player!

He was injured for a chunk of that time i think wasnt he? He initially got his place in the team when Lowton got injured and kept his place then got injured himself allowing Lowton to come back in, do well and keep his place accordingly.

#29 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostJonB, on 18 January 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

He was injured for a chunk of that time i think wasnt he? He initially got his place in the team when Lowton got injured and kept his place then got injured himself allowing Lowton to come back in, do well and keep his place accordingly.

No he wasn't JB. He lost his place after the game on 15 Dec 2015, and was sub for the next two matches in December. He was perhaps injured for the 2 Jan 2016 league game, as he wasn't named as sub then, but he started a week later in the Cup. Thereafter he seemed to be a perennial sub.

As said above, it does seem a waste.

#30 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

No he wasn't JB. He lost his place after the game on 15 Dec 2015, and was sub for the next two matches in December. He was perhaps injured for the 2 Jan 2016 league game, as he wasn't named as sub then, but he started a week later in the Cup. Thereafter he seemed to be a perennial sub.

Shows how good Burnley have become. Lowton was always a better defender TBF and they have been on the up and up since he regained his place.

#31 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

View Posthewittfan, on 18 January 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Presumably we've still got to pay off the old assistant manager though?

I don't think it's pay off in terms of a one off hit, I think he is getting paid monthly for the next 18 months
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#32 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Fair enough...i thought i'd read on here he'd lost his place after getting injured. To be fair Lowton was playing Prem football with both Villa and Burnley, i think, whilst Darikwa stepped up from League 1 so you'd expect Lowton to be a better option there. Agree its a shame he isnt featuring and you wonder if he will look to move on at some point to get playing football again.

#33 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostJonB, on 18 January 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Fair enough...i thought i'd read on here he'd lost his place after getting injured. To be fair Lowton was playing Prem football with both Villa and Burnley, i think, whilst Darikwa stepped up from League 1 so you'd expect Lowton to be a better option there. Agree its a shame he isnt featuring and you wonder if he will look to move on at some point to get playing football again.

It's modern football isn't it? A consequence of the vast resources available higher up to pay people to (effectively) not play, coupled with the ever increasing size of the benches that need populating nowadays. A few years ago such a player would have been off loaded and be getting plenty of game time lower down the ladder.

#34 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:03 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 18 January 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

It's modern football isn't it? A consequence of the vast resources available higher up to pay people to (effectively) not play, coupled with the ever increasing size of the benches that need populating nowadays. A few years ago such a player would have been off loaded and be getting plenty of game time lower down the ladder.

They would have been, and potentially still are, on the parachute payments after relegation from the premier league so have plenty to buy players like Darikwa mainly as cover and hold the big squads especially with FIFAs transfer windows to allow them to have cover when they cant sign players either permanently or on loan. FIFA brought them in to stop big clubs just being able to buy players when all i've they actually done is make it worse as the big clubs hoover up talent to have them even if it means them sitting around just in case they are needed.

#35 User is offline   hewittfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 18 January 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

I don't think it's pay off in terms of a one off hit, I think he is getting paid monthly for the next 18 months

Better from a cash flow point of view I suppose, but still no saving as far as this year's budget is concerned though.

#36 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 18 January 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

I would add into that a central defender, as it is unlikely Evo will be playing next season . Therefore we need an Evo clone but younger, someone who is tall and bulky but can still move quick when needed.

Do you think we need a CB in January or in the summer after Evo is released?

#37 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 18 January 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

Do you think we need a CB in January or in the summer after Evo is released?

YES
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#38 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Evo will get a contract in L2 next season so for that reason alone I m hoping it's not with us!

#39 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

This thread is the key to our season...or rather the players Caldwell will bring in

#40 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

My guess is GC will look at all players in training this week and the game on Saturday and decide who he intends to try and move out and I'm sure GC has already identified 3-4 players to bring in. The positive is he will then have 2 weeks without games to get to know his players with hopefully Jones and McGinn back in contention.
Personally I won't judge him on Saturdays game but from the Oldham game onwards, although I'm hoping many players up their game to impress GC
Have passport will travel

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users