• You cannot reply to this topic

Fao Mr Carson.

#41 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostLuSiVe, on 18 January 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Has it not been argued on here that he's been downgraded to exactly the job he's been doing already, and that the CEO job has been done by AC for quite some time.
Therefore no real change has actually happened.

They've took the cheque book off him .

#42 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 18 January 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

They've took the cheque book off him .

and petty/lotto/50-50 cash tin key??*

*Joke, by the way

#43 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 17 January 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Well played.
We (CFC) interviewed people for the managers job for the first time in God knows how many decades.
I believe that you chose the correct manager for us.
You managed to stop any leak coming out of the club, you built up anticipation for the new manager, to top it all off you managed to throw the curve ball of Tony Mowbray the day before the press conference. I have been supporting this club for over thirty years and have never been so intrigued about a managerial appointment that it made me wait for you both to pull up outside the ground. (Early dinner).

Fantastic PR.
Fantastic appointment.

Nice one. Keep up the good work.

Whilst i dont see the point of getting involved in the politics of the club as we cant change things. Be certain of one thing AC is Dave Allens man entirely ( liken him to the Pope he is Daves representative at the Church of CFC). Chris Turner is kind of Father Ted , he has the lords backing but may be a hapeless fall guy.

I hope that the new manager is a success as i have every one , fingers crossed he can keep us up and a true town fan or consortium take over

#44 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 18 January 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

Karl. You obviously enjoyed watching Chesterfield and it's obvious that you are passionate about the club.
So why let politics get in the way?
Anybody who has been this season can turn around, say they we have been poor, even sometimes beyond poor but Weve all seen us play worse before and have kept on going. I'm damn sure you have, so to stop going because you don't agree about a member of staff at the club who has clearly got his feet under the table is letting politics get in the way which ultimately only leads to one thing and that's the clubs downfall. If your passionate about the club maybe it's time to let things go and get back watching them. There has been big changes within this club a lot of them are clearly for the best, on the face of it they are going in the right direction so to dig your heels in and carry on being cynical about the changes isn't fair to Mr Carson because his hard work in the short time that he's been running the show is being ridiculed simply because of other people's actions or lack of them.

Ashley Carson was Dave Allen's first appointment at CFC, joining the Board to be the incoming owner's 'eyes and ears'. Then make no mistake; nothing of significance has happened at Town since then without DA's knowledge or approval via his right hand man. What's more AC's position means he's one of those responsible for the embarrassing and insolvent mess we're now witnessing - and as someone who's been reading 'BB' for quite some time he can't say he wasn't warned! In short it's impossible to divorce an integral individual in Allen's regime from what's happened.

However.

Ashley clearly realised a re-branding was essential, an attempt to draw a line under the past and de-toxify the Club. I applaud the wealth of information he's since provided; I applaud Sutcliffe's exposure and the measures to publicly distance CFC from his scandal and CCJ ridden academy; I applaud the gaffe prone CEO being moved; I applaud the fans' forums (though I do find the sycophantic gushing I'm told takes place on the 'Facebook' site demeaning to all involved); I applaud his continued 'BB' contributions via 'Moondog' and I applaud the fact DA has intervened in our relegation struggle, an intervention in which AC must have played an important role.

That said there're still some huge questions to be answered before we can consider the last two or more years history: why did a business enjoying record income become insolvent? Exactly what was the relationship between CFC and Turner and Sutcliffe's academy? Were there direct subsidies from the Club and if so how much? Has that money been repaid? Were any invoices passed between a business where Turner was a director and a business where he was CEO? Did he 'rubber stamp ' any payments to that business? Did any CFC employees receive money via his academy's accounts? Were the trips for which money was taken from parents ever booked? Who owns the fifty percent of shares not owned by 'FBT'?

I fully accept that exploring these issues may prove difficult given the change of ownership. However surely the answers to these questions lay within CFC archives and until there's full disclosure the points 'Karl' so expertly listed will hang over Sheff Road like a big, dark cloud.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#45 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 18 January 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

That said there're still some huge questions to be answered before we can consider the last two or more years history: why did a business enjoying record income become insolvent? Exactly what was the relationship between CFC and Turner and Sutcliffe's academy? Were there direct subsidies from the Club and if so how much? Has that money been repaid? Were any invoices passed between a business where Turner was a director and a business where he was CEO? Did he 'rubber stamp ' any payments to that business? Did any CFC employees receive money via his academy's accounts? Were the trips for which money was taken from parents ever booked? Who owns the fifty percent of shares not owned by 'FBT'?

I fully accept that exploring these issues may prove difficult given the change of ownership. However surely the answers to these questions lay within CFC archives and until there's full disclosure the points 'Karl' so expertly listed will hang over Sheff Road like a big, dark cloud.

Looks like the scoping document for one of my work investigations - and is exactly what I would be setting up if I was the CEO (or equivalent) in the business. Whether I would be publishing the output for the fans is another matter - but the review would be undertaken and answers obtained....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#46 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 18 January 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Looks like the scoping document for one of my work investigations - and is exactly what I would be setting up if I was the CEO (or equivalent) in the business. Whether I would be publishing the output for the fans is another matter - but the review would be undertaken and answers obtained....

Ashley doesn't need an investigation to tell him those answers. He already knows them. The only point of a review would be to let fans read it.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#47 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:55 PM

View Postdim view, on 18 January 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

Ashley doesn't need an investigation to tell him those answers. He already knows them. The only point of a review would be to let fans read it.

I suspect that he knows what he wants to know but the whole purpose of an independent review is to ensure that the answers are the real ones and not the ones management wants to see. I find that most of my reviews are fine until you present an answer which wasnt the one management wanted - and then they want you to go away and redo your work and check your answers (thats fine - I work to do a day rate so more checking means more money for me!

I am not confident they really know why costs are as high as they are - and that is a scary prospect.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#48 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

Ashley Carson was Dave Allen's first appointment at CFC, joining the Board to be the incoming owner's 'eyes and ears'. Then make no mistake; nothing of significance has happened at Town since then without DA's knowledge or approval via his right hand man.

Whilst I admire your optimism, I'm far from convinced that DA is fully aware of everything that's gone off at 'Town.

#49 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Ashley Carson was Dave Allen's first appointment at CFC, joining the Board to be the incoming owner's 'eyes and ears'. Then make no mistake; nothing of significance has happened at Town since then without DA's knowledge or approval via his right hand man. What's more AC's position means he's one of those responsible for the embarrassing and insolvent mess we're now witnessing - and as someone who's been reading 'BB' for quite some time he can't say he wasn't warned! In short it's impossible to divorce an integral individual in Allen's regime from what's happened.

However.

Ashley clearly realised a re-branding was essential, an attempt to draw a line under the past and de-toxify the Club. I applaud the wealth of information he's since provided; I applaud Sutcliffe's exposure and the measures to publicly distance CFC from his scandal and CCJ ridden academy; I applaud the gaffe prone CEO being moved; I applaud the fans' forums (though I do find the sycophantic gushing I'm told takes place on the 'Facebook' site demeaning to all involved); I applaud his continued 'BB' contributions via 'Moondog' and I applaud the fact DA has intervened in our relegation struggle, an intervention in which AC must have played an important role.

But it's still politics over football. I dont understand Karl's reasoning but respect his decision. Yes. I'm pi**ed off with how things off field have unfolded but I carry on going ( I wish I didn't have to, but that's down to the performances) but when that ball hits the back of our opponents net all of that is forgotten and ultimately that is what football is all about. That one moment of pure jubilation when our team goes in front.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#50 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 18 January 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

But it's still politics over football. I dont understand Karl's reasoning but respect his decision. Yes. I'm pi**ed off with how things off field have unfolded but I carry on going ( I wish I didn't have to, but that's down to the performances) but when that ball hits the back of our opponents net all of that is forgotten and ultimately that is what football is all about. That one moment of pure jubilation when our team goes in front.

+1 matey.
#notapennymore

#51 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

Not sure about expertly made Chris, but that's exactly what I need. Everything laid out openly on the table so there is nothing else left to hide and then going forwards together 'with' the fans. You know.. like we thought it was before everything started unfurling! That's not happening at the moment, they are letting us see what they want us to see and it still makes them look as shifty as ever. Sorry, but I don't do shifty, especially not when we are meant to be on the same side.

Simple, come totally clean, clean your act up, give us something half decent to watch and you'll start to get the missing fans back.
#notapennymore

#52 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

I would like to think the bit of cash that I contribute each season is helping towards building a sustainable football club which future generations will be able to enjoy. It is clear to me that the current regime are either unable, or do not want to build a sustainable business and there must be a reason for that and as far as I am concerned, servicing the debt and the cost of football is not and never will be a credible explanation.

#53 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:37 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 18 January 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

I would like to think the bit of cash that I contribute each season is helping towards building a sustainable football club which future generations will be able to enjoy. It is clear to me that the current regime are either unable, or do not want to build a sustainable business and there must be a reason for that and as far as I am concerned, servicing the debt and the cost of football is not and never will be a credible explanation.

#54 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

I guess if we had Mansfield town size gates, and a budget to suit you could excuse the football. We don't. We have healthy gates and a respectable level of income for a club of our size. Even without the debts and interest payments the club would be losing money without selling players. That is unforgivable given the football witnessed in the last 18 months. Throw in the Ernie Moss charity game debacle, and I fully sympathise with those who say not a penny more. Those running the club do not value CFC as an institution, they do not value you as a fan or value the money you hand over. If they did, they would have acted long ago.

#55 User is offline   CFC_92 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC&AVFC

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:11 AM

What Ashley Carson is doing is trying to re initiatite the trust with the fans it has been a turbulent time for the club as a whole these past few months and we are in another relegation dogfight but with GC now at the helm I hope it adds that confidence and newfound belief in the players to work harder repay the die hard fans who watch their team week in week out and pay good money to support this club home and away throughout the course of the full season. What I do hope is we stay up rebuild next season and the feel good factor and positivity comes back into the stadium because since Paul cook left with what he achieved in his time in charge has not been replicated, but the squad is different with key players leaving the club so things do take time to change and hopefully now we can look forward to betters times as supporters of the mighty spireites. Keep the faith.

This post has been edited by spireite_1992: 19 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

All town aren't we?

#56 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostBigBlue, on 17 January 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Exactly, thought the panto season was over. It's all been very cheesy for me, a bit like the cringeworthy love in, like on the Facebook group. Does any one else get the feeling it's all been a bit for his entertainment.

I think its been massively cringeworthy and the love in on facebook made me want to vomit. "OOooo we love Ashley!" Yea right.....

#57 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:29 AM

View PostTylerdurdencfc, on 18 January 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

There hasn't been any big changes ( apart from replacing a manager who needed replacing ). The deckchairs on the Titanic have merely been rearranged.

and now on EBAY WITH SEB CHUCKED IN :unsure:

#58 User is offline   Douggie spireite 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 17 January 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

What does Turner do every day?
Ashley Carson has a proper job and does a hell of a lot for town to give him his credit.

Turner is like some sort of care in the community surely

He's a buffoon.

#59 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

Recently spoken with Ashley on here via PM in regards purchasing tickets for the remaining games. Ashley has given me a really good deal which I have gladly taken him up on. Great work and a big step in the right direction for the club.

Well done Ashley
If only....

#60 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 20 January 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

Recently spoken with Ashley on here via PM in regards purchasing tickets for the remaining games. Ashley has given me a really good deal which I have gladly taken him up on. Great work and a big step in the right direction for the club.

Well done Ashley

Again, IF all this is an legitimate attempt to win fans back then fair play to Ashley, but somethings really not resting easy with me at all.
#notapennymore

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users