• You cannot reply to this topic

Fao Mr Carson.

#21 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 17 January 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

They've pulled enough tricks and stunts between them to have started their own cabaret show.

Treat us like mugs and what do you expect?
Get the dept under control and I will be less cynical.
Start to behave like professional businessmen and I'll be less cynical.
Stop playing the tricks, stunts and fabricated stories and I'll be less cynical.
Treat the long serving real hero's of our club with the respect they deserve and I'll be less cynical.
Make the fans feel a part of the club again and I'll be less cynical.
Give us something (anything) to be proud of again and I'll be less cynical.
They made the club financially unstable (despite the team doing fantastically and selling millions of pounds worth in players) what do you expect?

It's really not rocket science is it?

Add stop telling lies to your list

#22 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

View PostSkywalker, on 17 January 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Had a few disagreements with Ashley on here but I've been impressed with his recent efforts to try and build bridges with the supporters.

If it's genuine mate then fair play to the bloke, keep it up; though I'm not so sure it is. Time as ever will tell.
#notapennymore

#23 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 17 January 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

If it's genuine mate then fair play to the bloke, keep it up; though I'm not so sure it is. Time as ever will tell.

I didn't renew my season ticket for reasons similar to ones you've mentioned. Can't fault you for being sceptical
If only....

#24 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 17 January 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Karl. You obviously enjoyed watching Chesterfield and it's obvious that you are passionate about the club.
So why let politics get in the way?
Anybody who has been this season can turn around, say they we have been poor, even sometimes beyond poor but Weve all seen us play worse before and have kept on going. I'm damn sure you have, so to stop going because you don't agree about a member of staff at the club who has clearly got his feet under the table is letting politics get in the way which ultimately only leads to one thing and that's the clubs downfall. If your passionate about the club maybe it's time to let things go and get back watching them. There has been big changes within this club a lot of them are clearly for the best, on the face of it they are going in the right direction so to dig your heels in and carry on being cynical about the changes isn't fair to Mr Carson because his hard work in the short time that he's been running the show is being ridiculed simply because of other people's actions or lack of them.

This post has been edited by metallilad: 18 January 2017 - 12:31 AM

Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#25 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:39 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 18 January 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

Karl. You obviously enjoyed watching Chesterfield and it's obvious that you are passionate about the club.
Anybody who has been this season can turn around, say they we have been poor, even sometimes beyond poor but Weve all seen us play worse before and have kept on going. I'm damn sure you have, so to stop going because you don't agree about a member of staff at the club who has clearly got his feet under the table is letting politics get in the way which ultimately only leads to one thing and that's the clubs downfall. If your passionate about the club maybe it's time to let things go and get back watching them. There has been big changes within this club a lot of them are clearly for the best, on the face of it they are going in the right direction so to dig your heels in and carry on being cynical about the changes isn't fair to Mr Carson because his hard work in the short time that he's been running the show is being ridiculed simply because of other people's actions or lack of them.

It might be worthwhile conducting some research before questioning Karl's stance.

Please don't get lulled into a false sense of security.

#26 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:59 AM

I can't believe what I am reading with all the gushing compliments flying round for Ashley from you - they just done the 2 way side step with Chris when in effect they have sat on their hands whilst the club has plumed into debt; been far from open about the village project etc and all its embarrassing goings on. They still chose to allow them to use our name to promote obvious Sharpe business dealings and we are to now forget all of this because we have signed a new manager out of a miserable list of applicants.

I applaud Karl''s stance and reasoning, line myself solidly behind him in the hope that my absence will be another nail that sees the back of this B****Y awful exec.
God I hate this league.

#27 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:37 AM

There has been big changes within this club a lot of them are clearly for the best...

what big changes for the best?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#28 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:48 AM

There hasn't been any big changes ( apart from replacing a manager who needed replacing ). The deckchairs on the Titanic have merely been rearranged.

#29 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 18 January 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

I can't believe what I am reading with all the gushing compliments flying round for Ashley from you - they just done the 2 way side step with Chris when in effect they have sat on their hands whilst the club has plumed into debt; been far from open about the village project etc and all its embarrassing goings on. They still chose to allow them to use our name to promote obvious Sharpe business dealings and we are to now forget all of this because we have signed a new manager out of a miserable list of applicants.

I applaud Karl''s stance and reasoning, line myself solidly behind him in the hope that my absence will be another nail that sees the back of this B****Y awful exec.

Incoming Carson Facebook group gushing:

"Thanks for all you've done to bridge the gap that clearly existed between the fans and the club. We have never felt so close to the action at any time I can remember, and certainly not since the Paul Cooke era. Fans are engaged once more, and will repay your faith in them by returning in numbers through the turnstiles and supporting Gary Caldwell and the lads come rain or shine. Haven't felt this positive for ages! COYBs!!!!"

Throws up in mouth.

#30 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

View Posthilly81, on 18 January 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

"Thanks for all you've done to bridge the gap that clearly existed between the fans and the club. We have never felt so close to the action at any time I can remember, and certainly not since the Paul Cooke era. Fans are engaged once more, and will repay your faith in them by returning in numbers through the turnstiles and supporting Gary Caldwell and the lads come rain or shine. Haven't felt this positive for ages! COYBs!!!!"

Throws up in mouth.

Some people are easily satisfied, or soon fooled, I'm not one of them.

#31 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:58 AM

View Postdim view, on 18 January 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

what big changes for the best?

Getting rid of Wilson and taking the cheque signing away from Turner.

I dont mean to criticise Karl for his stance, thats not really my point and having read my post again I can see how it could come over that way.
What I am trying to say is that Turner clearly isn't going anywhere and has been downgraded in authority.
Mr Carson has been communicating with us supporters (there's always going to be so much that is kept quiet), he is doing his level best to try and keep our club going forward.
All I'm trying to say is that politics can be put aside. Cheer the team on.
I'm not trying to make it into a "Your club needs you, if you love them you'd be there for them" bo**ocks but just trying to say don't cut your nose off to spite your face.
If you enjoy supporting your club, cheer with excitement when that ball hits the back of the net then why stop going all because of a couple of businessmen in the background?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#32 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:04 AM

View Posthilly81, on 18 January 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

"Thanks for all you've done to bridge the gap that clearly existed between the fans and the club. We have never felt so close to the action at any time I can remember, and certainly not since the Paul Cooke era. Fans are engaged once more, and will repay your faith in them by returning in numbers through the turnstiles WHEN YOU FIRE TURNER and supporting Gary Caldwell and the lads come rain or shine. Haven't felt this positive for ages! COYBs!!!!"

This post has been edited by danblue: 18 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

#33 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostMrhappy, on 18 January 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Some people are easily satisfied, or soon fooled, I'm not one of them.

One could ask why Turner was at Matlock last night when our next opponents were playing on the same night. I thought his new job involved watching them, but I accept that may be a bit churlish on our new manager's first day.

What doesn't fit with me is that the reorg has exposed the lack of a senior administrative manager at the club 9 till 5. It seems to me that Turner will still be recognised by staff as the senior man so nowt has changed. It's a mirage.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#34 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:15 AM

View Postdim view, on 18 January 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

One could ask why Turner was at Matlock last night when our next opponents were playing on the same night. I thought his new job involved watching them, but I accept that may be a bit churlish on our new manager's first day.

What doesn't fit with me is that the reorg has exposed the lack of a senior administrative manager at the club 9 till 5. It seems to me that Turner will still be recognised by staff as the senior man so nowt has changed. It's a mirage.

Or coining the names of those women's drinks of the 80/90s if not a mirage then criticising AC seems to becoming taboo!

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 18 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

East stand second class citizen.

#35 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 18 January 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Getting rid of Wilson and taking the cheque signing away from Turner.

I dont mean to criticise Karl for his stance, thats not really my point and having read my post again I can see how it could come over that way.
What I am trying to say is that Turner clearly isn't going anywhere and has been downgraded in authority.
Mr Carson has been communicating with us supporters (there's always going to be so much that is kept quiet), he is doing his level best to try and keep our club going forward.
All I'm trying to say is that politics can be put aside. Cheer the team on.
I'm not trying to make it into a "Your club needs you, if you love them you'd be there for them" bo**ocks but just trying to say don't cut your nose off to spite your face.
If you enjoy supporting your club, cheer with excitement when that ball hits the back of the net then why stop going all because of a couple of businessmen in the background?

I get what you are saying mate and I didn't take it as criticism at all. My only answer to that is that we all act differently even though we may view things is a similar way. I thought DIFH's post was spot on to the way I feel and I certainly don't trust that my hard earned is doing my club any good any more that's why I choose not to go. As soon as this changes I'll be back I'm sure. All I want is to enjoy the football (the good and the bad) and for my little bit to help sustain our football club. I'm not convinced it is and I don't trust those in charge one bit. If they want whats right for the club they will fight tooth and nail to reduce our dept and stop all the lies and deliberate misleading of the fans and all of the embarrassing gaffs (gaffs is being polite btw) and try to win the fans trust back. I don't see this happening and until I do I've lost the heart for my football and I'll certainly not handing over anymore money. I just want my football club back and I don't care about the 'football' part of that, I just want my club! I hope when this sorry state is over the break will have totally rejuvenated me and I'll have the thirst for the games like I did when I was younger (the days when I bored everyone talking about everything town, lol)

You keep doing what feels right for you mate and I wish the new manager well and I really hope the football (and the results) improve for everyone going.
#notapennymore

#36 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 18 January 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

Or coining the names of those women's drinks of the 80/90s if not a mirage then criticising AC seems to becoming taboo!

It certainly not very cosmopolitan seeing as it's nearly 20/20 (see what I did there) Well you started it ;)
#notapennymore

#37 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

As I see it the management have realised that CT is alienating fans, so have downgraded him to a significantly lesser role within the club.
People who want him gone are going to be disappointed because it aint going to happen, until a buyer is found.
Yes there are problems at the club, but that applies to many clubs in all divisions.
So if the product on offer, ie more attractive attacking football on the pitch, I will continue to go and enjoy the game.

#38 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

Spireite-Karl said:

1484733008[/url]' post='1272188']
It certainly not very cosmopolitan seeing as it's nearly 20/20 (see what I did there) Well you started it ;)

No one will be truly happy until Turner is CastawayPosted Image

#39 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 18 January 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

No one will be truly happy until Turner is CastawayPosted Image

With his 5% cut from transfers he'll be able to buy a beach house in Malibu ... :blush:
East stand second class citizen.

#40 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 18 January 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

As I see it the management have realised that CT is alienating fans, so have downgraded him to a significantly lesser role within the club.

Has it not been argued on here that he's been downgraded to exactly the job he's been doing already, and that the CEO job has been done by AC for quite some time.
Therefore no real change has actually happened.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users