• You cannot reply to this topic

Stay Aways

#21 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostCFC91, on 17 January 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Will this appointment and the positive noises coming out of the club tempt any of our stay aways back this Saturday then? Seems to be a concerted efforted from AC to get people back..wonder how successful they will be

Not until Turner is removed

#22 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostElton John 1866, on 17 January 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

I know a few season ticket holders who don't go because they "can't be bothered". It would be interesting if people would declare why they can't or won't go. If its Turner or Evans I think that's pathetic. What folly spending £400+ on a season ticket and not bothering.

Out of interest, how do you view those who will not renew due to CT?

#23 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

As a loyal fan of too many years to remember i have to say that i'm not missing much as far as i can see from all the depressing comments on this board.

Time is at a premium for me and basically i cannot understand the original appointment of Saunders by the club last Season? That was the beginning of the end for me and whilst this time around the appointment seems to have been considered properly, there have been far too many mistakes, arguments, disagreements, mis-information and basic mis truths for me to want to get embroiled in spending my hard earned cash to prop up what Dave Allen would have us believe is an ailing business!

What has really changed in just a few weeks for me to decide to pop on down to the Proact all the way from South Manchester to hand over £300 in Season Ticket money to watch, what everyone seems to report, crap football being played by a poor inexperienced side with little off field leadership?

So no, I won't be coming back any time soon.

What I would like to hear is that a miracle happens and we are raised from the dead and start winning football matches and entertaining the crowd!! This Board starts pulling together and stops moaning about what is going on. Chris Turner becomes the Messiah as Director of Football and we sell Ariybi to Barcelona for £20M.

When I wake up from that dream I suspect nothing will change and the yo yo between Div 2 and Div 1 continues whilst the likes of Rotherham,Burton albion, Rochdale to name a few, have more success? how can that be I wonder?

#24 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

View Postpaulwardle, on 17 January 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

As a loyal fan of too many years to remember i have to say that i'm not missing much as far as i can see from all the depressing comments on this board.

Time is at a premium for me and basically i cannot understand the original appointment of Saunders by the club last Season? That was the beginning of the end for me and whilst this time around the appointment seems to have been considered properly, there have been far too many mistakes, arguments, disagreements, mis-information and basic mis truths for me to want to get embroiled in spending my hard earned cash to prop up what Dave Allen would have us believe is an ailing business!

What has really changed in just a few weeks for me to decide to pop on down to the Proact all the way from South Manchester to hand over £300 in Season Ticket money to watch, what everyone seems to report, crap football being played by a poor inexperienced side with little off field leadership?

What I would like to hear is that a miracle happens and we are raised from the dead and start winning football matches and entertaining the crowd!! This Board starts pulling together and stops moaning about what is going on. Chris Turner becomes the Messiah as Director of Football and we sell Ariybi to Barcelona for £20M.

When I wake up from that dream I suspect nothing will change and the yo yo between Div 2 and Div 1 continues whilst the likes of Rotherham,Burton albion, Rochdale to name a few, have more success? how can that be I wonder?

Well, over time those three will sink back down too- their base level of support, like ours, won't be enough to keep them at the high points they are enjoying without a sugar daddy pumping in cash. You could argue that each has a factor currently taking them higher than their historical mean- an excellent chairman at Burton, ideal manager for Rochdale, and screwing over all the debtors and getting away with it in Rotherham's case.
I do agree with most of what you write- I still can't get over the stupidity of appointing Saunders. I suppose cos I live closer to Town I can pick and choose matches more easily.
These go to eleven.

#25 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

View PostSALTERGATE, on 17 January 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Not until Turner is removed

My brother said exactly the same. No replica shirts, no home games, not a penny into the club.

#26 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

View PostMrhappy, on 17 January 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

Out of interest, how do you view those who will not renew due to CT?

Not a lot - you can't cut off your nose to spite your face.

#27 User is offline   oldgoat 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

In my opinion anyone who says they are going to away games but not home ones because of Turner is a worry .

You will give money to another team , a rival of ours who may relegate us however you wont support your own team at home .

I am not overly enjoying what is going on at town at the moment and Turner ought to be signing on but I will go to every home game I can , around work , don't go away very often these days as I'd rather give my limited supply of money to my own team not another .

Everyone is a grown up , believe it or not , if your are eighteen you are allowed to make your own decisions even if they are unwise ones !

#28 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 17 January 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

You do wonder if some has been found down the back of the sofa. The next 14 days will tell us.

Well we have tightened up on the petty cash spending :windup

#29 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:12 PM

View PostElton John 1866, on 17 January 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

I know a few season ticket holders who don't go because they "can't be bothered". It would be interesting if people would declare why they can't or won't go. If its Turner or Evans I think that's pathetic. What folly spending £400+ on a season ticket and not bothering.

:closedeyes: That shows how deep feelings are running about the management of our club.It won't be cured overnight. <_<
Many a good tune

#30 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

View Postoldgoat, on 17 January 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

In my opinion anyone who says they are going to away games but not home ones because of Turner is a worry .

You will give money to another team , a rival of ours who may relegate us however you wont support your own team at home .

I am not overly enjoying what is going on at town at the moment and Turner ought to be signing on but I will go to every home game I can , around work , don't go away very often these days as I'd rather give my limited supply of money to my own team not another .

Everyone is a grown up , believe it or not , if your are eighteen you are allowed to make your own decisions even if they are unwise ones !

well in my case the away games are a whole lot closer to where I live than the home ones so that helps...

But lets face it - with the financial mismanagement at the club recently we are more likely to benefit from a pound I spend at Northampton as one spent at the Proact. The accountant in me cant condone the lack of control over the numbers so I will choose where I spend my money to suit me - not in part thinking of the club as was the case before....
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#31 User is offline   Tenbury Wells Spireites 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

View Postpaulwardle, on 17 January 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

We'll be there Paul, give the new manager a chance, it was dire under DW who ended up playing boring unattractive football. No one is asking you to sign up in for a season ticket as that is a tough commitment for an exile albeit you are a lot closer than me!

I think A Carson also 'gets it' I terms of the pr. I d like to think things are slowly changing, kids for a quid is a good start. Hopefully we'll take in a few games as Caldwell rescues us towards season close.

#32 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:48 PM

Dave,

Glad you're able to take in a few games. Not been to a game at Chesterfield since the 0-0 against Rochdale last season barring one away game at Oldham where we lost 1-0.

Really not missing it and no inclination to travel over the hills to watch, get depressed and drive home again! Frankly pretty dissolutioned with football altogether with poor footballers being paid vast sums of money to pass it around at the back for large portions of the game!

Hope everyone ok at your end mate?

#33 User is offline   Tenbury Wells Spireites 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:05 AM

All good here, pal.

I agree about your comment on disillusionment, for me this is all at the top end as football sold its soul ages ago to tv and foreign ownership. I cancelled sky nearly one year ago, don't miss it. I do still like to go to a game when we can at Chesterfield even though it's 220 miles round trip, cost, other commitments inc work and time make a season ticket not viable so we go when we can. When they appointed Saunders that was it that season we only took in one game at home! All I will say is that if you don't miss it and don't go don't become a bobs board moaner,

#34 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

View Postpaulwardle, on 18 January 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Dave,

Glad you're able to take in a few games. Not been to a game at Chesterfield since the 0-0 against Rochdale last season barring one away game at Oldham where we lost 1-0.

Really not missing it and no inclination to travel over the hills to watch, get depressed and drive home again! Frankly pretty dissolutioned with football altogether with poor footballers being paid vast sums of money to pass it around at the back for large portions of the game!

Hope everyone ok at your end mate?

Give it a whirl one Saturday, seems to be a fair bit more positivity around the club following the GC appointment. You never know, you might enjoy it.

Quite looking forward too Saturday myself, been a while since i've looked forward to a match for purely footballing reasons. Usually just the lure of a day out or a few beers that is the main attraction.

#35 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

Think I'm back for this one.

#36 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

This thread has not yet turned into a Mansfield troll-feeding frenzy. Good.
These go to eleven.

#37 User is offline   Yenx 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Quest for Logical and Sensible Debate

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

I'm seriously considering gracing the Proact with my presence this Saturday. A new manager always brings new hope but I will add my voice to what most others have said... it's the off-the-pitch problems that have kept me away recently.
It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

#38 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

I'm in the lounge thanks to a very kind offer so if someone wants my ticket for a tenner let me know otherwise it'll probably go to waste. Drop me a pm.

#39 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:41 AM

Assuming all goes well at physio I should be there tomorrow.

#40 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

I had been an exile for far too long to be put off by DA's shenanigans and the appalling Turner, but it has been testing my resolve.

Hopefully the team improves and some poor sods take him off our hands
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users