Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do We Really Want To Be Associated With This Questionable Enterprise.

#3181 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 16 January 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Well clearly there's still work to do.

But then if Sutcliffe's paying for the privilege of using the badge, just as if he's paying the same, some might argue extortionate price charged to fans for hourly use of the stadium, I've no problem.

Maybe Ashley can supply evidence that's the case whilst we're waiting for the trip booking evidence promised last November.

Then we can only hope bills accumulated by Sutcliffe don't result in the Club issuing a CCJ...

From what has been posted recently why on earth would we want to be associated with this failing enterprise. With the debt increasing would it not be reasonable to assume they are getting their association for peanuts if they are upto date with their payments.

Why does the club still continue with this project all be it in a limited capacity, where are the positives ?
God I hate this league.

#3182 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

View Postdim view, on 15 January 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

In my opinion the disaster of the management of the Development Centre is the major stumbling block to Ashley's desire for a new start. Amongst many other unanswered questions, the simple timeline example described above suggests we have been misled. Ashley's plan to wash his hands of the issues as it is now under new management won't wash.

If Ashley were to offer me and my BB colleagues a meeting to thrash this out, I for one would agree to it with a promise of support and a clean sheet if I feel that honesty has prevailed.

Been a busy boy today, so just catching up. Following on from your post, has AC been in touch with Moondog about a meeting?

#3183 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:18 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

Been a busy boy today, so just catching up. Following on from your post, has AC been in touch with Moondog about a meeting?

Not yet

#3184 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:31 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

the offer has either passed him by or he's not interested. To be fair, he's been busy.

I genuinely don't want the AGM to be about the activities of the Directors of the DC. Mike Warner is going to have enough on fielding criticisms of CT's running of CFC without me or anybody else raising DC matters. The new manager's first impression of his Director of Football is going to be soured from the start.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#3185 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:59 AM

View Postdim view, on 17 January 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

the offer has either passed him by or he's not interested. To be fair, he's been busy.

I genuinely don't want the AGM to be about the activities of the Directors of the DC. Mike Warner is going to have enough on fielding criticisms of CT's running of CFC without me or anybody else raising DC matters. The new manager's first impression of his Director of Football is going to be soured from the start.

Unless the new manager is our director of football... Now there's one nobody's though of, Der Der Der Der Der Der Der Der :D
#notapennymore

#3186 Guest_itsc_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

Mike

Not sure, the idea eventually is for it to go out to other clubs too in different areas.

We have first option on players so CFC will be a partner as such, and when Doncaster or whoever sign up will also be the same and their logo will appear on their website etc...

All the new kit for next season doesn't have the Logo and the Sheffield League sponsorship will change in due course as will the naming of teams.

Sometimes it takes time due to rules and regulations with Leagues, FA etc...

I only know bits but that gives you an idea

View Postfreelander2, on 16 January 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

I was scratching my head when AC said it.

Surely Sir Rodder's people would have insisted prior to their "takeover" of CFC Int, that the use of the CFC logo was included in the sale agreement as it's the only USP they have over their competitors.

#3187 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 16 January 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Well clearly there's still work to do.

But then if Sutcliffe's paying for the privilege of using the badge, just as if he's paying the same, some might argue extortionate price charged to fans for hourly use of the stadium, I've no problem.

Maybe Ashley can supply evidence that's the case whilst we're waiting for the trip booking evidence promised last November.

Then we can only hope bills accumulated by Sutcliffe don't result in the Club issuing a CCJ...

Chris,

As I see this, there are two issues. Firstly, what financial relationship exists/existed between the football club and the companies under the control of LS & CT and secondly, the allegations made by the former members of staff, which a small number of us had been made aware of.

With regards to the first point, I am hoping this will be cleared up very shortly by Howard Freeman at Shorts as prior to the original AGM, I did email Howard (copied AC in) and requested the following information :

1) Other debtors, a full list of debtor details and outstanding balances relating to the same for year ends 30/06/13 (£280,071), 30/06/14 (£641,200), 30/06/15 (£228,557) and 30/06/16 (£219,818).

2) Total value of expenditure charged to CFC 2001 Ltd by CFC Football Development School Ltd for year ends 30/06/13, 30/06/14, 30/06/15 and 30/06/16.

3) Total value of expenditure charged to CFC 2001 Ltd by CFC International Football Academy Ltd for year end 30/06/16.

There was an acknowledgment by AC that it would be a good idea to release the information and for it to come directly from Howard. In hindsight, perhaps I should have also asked HF to confirm the following too:

1) Total value of expenditure charged to CFC Football Development School Ltd by CFC 2001 Ltd for year ends 30/06/13, 30/06/14, 30/06/15 and 30/06/16.

2) Total value of expenditure charged to CFC International Football Academy Ltd by CFC 2001 Ltd for year end 30/06/16.

With regards to the second point concerning the allegations which we have been made aware of, at what point is someone going to address them as there appears a total reluctance to touch the subject?

This post has been edited by freelander2: 19 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

#3188 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 19 January 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

With regards to the second point concerning the allegations which we have been made aware of, at what point is someone going to address them as there appears a total reluctance to touch the subject?

Morning
How do you think the subject should be addressed?

#3189 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

View Postdim view, on 19 January 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Morning
How do you think the subject should be addressed?

In the first instance, a meeting consisting of the ex members of staff, the supporters who met with them and the board of CFC 2001.

Your thoughts?

#3190 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 19 January 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

Chris,

As I see this, there are two issues. Firstly, what financial relationship exists/existed between the football club and the companies under the control of LS & CT and secondly, the allegations made by the former members of staff, which a small number of us had been made aware of.

With regards to the first point, I am hoping this will be cleared up very shortly by Howard Freeman at Shorts as prior to the original AGM, I did email Howard (copied AC in) and requested the following information :

1) Other debtors, a full list of debtor details and outstanding balances relating to the same for year ends 30/06/13 (£280,071), 30/06/14 (£641,200), 30/06/15 (£228,557) and 30/06/16 (£219,818).

2) Total value of expenditure charged to CFC 2001 Ltd by CFC Football Development School Ltd for year ends 30/06/13, 30/06/14, 30/06/15 and 30/06/16.

3) Total value of expenditure charged to CFC 2001 Ltd by CFC International Football Academy Ltd for year end 30/06/16.

There was an acknowledgment by AC that it would be a good idea to release the information and for it to come directly from Howard. In hindsight, perhaps I should have also asked HF to confirm the following too:

1) Total value of expenditure charged to CFC Football Development School Ltd by CFC 2001 Ltd for year ends 30/06/13, 30/06/14, 30/06/15 and 30/06/16.

2) Total value of expenditure charged to CFC International Football Academy Ltd by CFC 2001 Ltd for year end 30/06/16.

Is it too late to include the additional requests?

Then at the risk of sounding self congratulatory, I did suggest at November's fans forum that CFC embrace full disclosure and insist those responsible pay the price for any misconduct revealed. It'd probably mean a PR sh*t storm in the short term but would pay dividends in the longer term.

It's a credit to AC that he now seems to be endorsing this.

One other point, too.

The 'I was in the dark' excuse cannot and should not be accepted if it's established previous assurances over the financial relationship between CFC and Turner and Sutcliffe's academy were false.

Similarly it appears we've established that Turner knew of, yet ignored employee allegations long before they entered the public domain. That in itself requires a thorough investigation.

Someone once used the term 'zero tolerance policy' when referring to wrongdoing on Sheff Road: I hope AC implements such a policy to the letter.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 19 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#3191 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 19 January 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Then at the risk of sounding self congratulatory, I did suggest at November's fans forum that CFC embrace full disclosure and insist those responsible pay the price for any misconduct revealed. It'd probably mean a PR sh*t storm in the short term but would pay dividends in the longer term.

It's a credit to AC that he now seems to be endorsing this.

One other point, too.

The 'I was in the dark' excuse cannot and should not be accepted if it's established previous assurances over the financial relationship between CFC and Turner and Sutcliffe's academy were false.

Similarly it appears we've established that Turner knew of, yet ignored employee allegations long before they entered the public domain. That in itself requires a thorough investigation.

Someone once used the term 'zero tolerance policy' when referring to wrongdoing on Sheff Road: I hope AC implements such a policy to the letter.

ah well, it seems Zero tolerance doesn't apply to Turner.

#3192 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 19 January 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

One thing I'd like to know is whether this situation using CFC loving Trustees instead of greedy selfish incompetents to run things is recoverable. It was a bludddy good idea. Could somebody please ask Ashley?

On your second allegation, which is indeed established, Ashley is in the tricky situation where he'll have to say not only that Sutcliffe but also Turner didn't tell him about problems so good luck with trying to get that resolved.

#3193 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

Another CCJ registered against CFC Football Development School Limited across the road on 17.01.2017 for £5,849.

That's the third since November.

The other two still remain unsatisfied.

How long until Sutcliffe goes down the road of dissolving this business or declaring himself bankrupt again leaving God knows how many out of pocket ?

This business of course has nothing to do with CFC,but unfortunately carries its name.

#3194 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 20 January 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Another CCJ registered against CFC Football Development School Limited across the road on 17.01.2017 for £5,849.

That's the third since November.

The other two still remain unsatisfied.

How long until Sutcliffe goes down the road of dissolving this business or declaring himself bankrupt again leaving God knows how many out of pocket ?

This business of course has nothing to do with CFC,but unfortunately carries its name.

Nige,

What were we told about the funding allegedly provided by CT & AC, that it wouldn't touch the flipping sides.

Given that the business was incorporated in October 2012 and it's traded at a loss year on year, why has the brown stuff only hit the fan during the past 6 to 9 months? I repeatedly asked the question at the fans' forum, who has provided the funding to ensure the business continues trading, because in reality a cash injection would have been required long before CT & AC had supposedly stepped in. Answer, no one, he just doesn't pay people. If that was the case, why have creditors only started taking action now?

Stupid, we are not.

#3195 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 20 January 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Nige,

What were we told about the funding allegedly provided by CT & AC, that it wouldn't touch the flipping sides.

Given that the business was incorporated in October 2012 and it's traded at a loss year on year, why has the brown stuff only hit the fan during the past 6 to 9 months? I repeatedly asked the question at the fans' forum, who has provided the funding to ensure the business continues trading, because in reality a cash injection would have been required long before CT & AC had supposedly stepped in. Answer, no one, he just doesn't pay people. If that was the case, why have creditors only started taking action now?

Stupid, we are not.

Perhaps a couple of people ought to be asking what was actually done with their £54k ? :unsure:

#3196 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

Even more reason why Chesterfield supporters need to know if any of their money, handed over in good faith for the benefit of their football club, has found it's way over the road.

No more evasion; no more excuses; just the straightforward facts and figures.

#3197 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 20 January 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Nige,

Stupid, we are not.

I expect Sutcliffe did just enough to keep the wolves from the door until the replacement business was established, then it was pay no one from the original business until it crashed.

Would getting a new business up and running first be a legal way of avoiding being disqualified as a Director?

#3198 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

What is the total CCJ figure which remains outstanding?

#3199 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

View Postmoondog, on 20 January 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

Would getting a new business up and running first be a legal way of avoiding being disqualified as a Director?

Absolutely not. In fact anyone setting up a new company whilst walking away from a failing one is more likely to come under enquiry.

#3200 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

As we came to realise long ago, far from being 'in the dark' a number of 'BB' members are pretty clued-up on all this.

So, if it could be proven Sutcliffe obtained credit intending to fold the business, would that mean jail time?

Bearing in mind he started the parallel so called international academy, what; a year or more ago?

Then of course we have to wonder just how much of this his former fellow director Chris Turner knew...

Share this topic:

• (260 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users