Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Food For Thought? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Food For Thought?

#1 User is offline   RikShaw 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

Would Paul Cook's team of last season won at Milwall today, personally I don't think so, but the best people to ask are those that were there today?

Ps fantastic result & fantastic support today!

COYB!

Ps, Cooky's team would probably have had 60% possession and lost 2-1 I reckon ....

This post has been edited by Sham Pain: 29 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

#2 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostSham Pain, on 29 August 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

Would Paul Cook's team of last season won at Milwall today, personally I don't think so, but the best people to ask are those that were there today?

Ps fantastic result & fantastic support today!

COYB!

Ps, Cooky's team would probably have had 60% possession and lost 2-1 I reckon ....

Impossible to answer, anyway does anybody care, Cooky I is history let it go, Deano is making plenty of the experts on here eat humble pie as it is. Early days but so far so good, Cooky is a distant memory and that is testament to Deano.
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#3 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

Would have probably still won, Millwall were dire.

#4 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

The peak fm commentator did, to his credit, say millwall deserved a draw. There will be games where we don't get what we deserve so we'll take the 3 points and move on .

#5 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 29 August 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

The peak fm commentator did, to his credit, say millwall deserved a draw. There will be games where we don't get what we deserve so we'll take the 3 points and move on .

I didn't go so can't comment first hand, but a couple of posters who went have said Millwall were dire, a mate phoned me up , who's other mate went! And he was told that they didn't have a kick the last 15mins, yet the commentator said they deserved a draw?. Saw in another post that it wasn't the regular Peak bod so was the commentator a bit biased?
East stand second class citizen.

#6 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 29 August 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

I didn't go so can't comment first hand, but a couple of posters who went have said Millwall were dire, a mate phoned me up , who's other mate went! And he was told that they didn't have a kick the last 15mins, yet the commentator said they deserved a draw?. Saw in another post that it wasn't the regular Peak bod so was the commentator a bit biased?

I can assure you the commentator is biased, as he has been a Town fan for 35 years.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#7 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

The commentator was Paul fisher I think. Town fan. He did a good job.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#8 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

He is a town fan and he said on the second half showing millwall deserved a point with Lee saving us at the crucial moment

#9 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 29 August 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

He is a town fan and he said on the second half showing millwall deserved a point with Lee saving us at the crucial moment

He needs to tow thd company line then, Saunders reckons we battered them and shoukd have been 3/4 up in first half

#10 User is offline   Chewy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostBankrobber, on 29 August 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

I can assure you the commentator is biased, as he has been a Town fan for 35 years.

The better looking brother?

#11 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostNorton Blue, on 29 August 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

He needs to tow thd company line then, Saunders reckons we battered them and shoukd have been 3/4 up in first half

I got the impression the radio guy was working on the basis that it was 1-0 when the second half began and commenting on how the game panned out after that. He did make the comment before the late 2nd goal of course.

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 29 August 2015 - 08:44 PM

#12 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostChewy, on 29 August 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

The better looking brother?

Well, he is working in radio, but no comment!
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#13 User is offline   Half Full 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

View PostSabreman, on 29 August 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

Impossible to answer, anyway does anybody care, Cooky I is history let it go, Deano is making plenty of the experts on here eat humble pie as it is. Early days but so far so good, Cooky is a distant memory and that is testament to Deano.

Good deserved win yesterday even though we were under pressure in the second half and Millwall could have got back into the game. I have been really impressed by what DS has brought to the team. We are still an excellent passing team starting from the back but now have a more incisive approach in part because our creative players are being encouraged to play. O'Shea has been a revalation this year and although they make mistakes both Gardner and Ariyibi are putting defenders on the back foot and their speed works with the way we play. SEB makes himself available but I think we still need to understand how to get the best out of him. There were signs yesterday that Morsy is beginning to play balls to him that work to his strengths.
We also seem more disciplined in all areas particularly around dead balls and closing games down. Clearly real thought has gone into all areas of the game.
I'm really enjoying the football we are playing and think it is building on the last couple of seasons. I am also impressed by Saunders in interviews he seems really clear what he wants and professional about how to get there. In his own way he seems passionate about the club and ambitious for success. Plenty of signs that this could be a very good season.

This post has been edited by Half Full: 30 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users