Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Bit Between Our Teeth - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bit Between Our Teeth

#21 User is offline   Dreaming Spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:First CFC match was in 1960 when I was 11 and have been hooked ever since. Always dreamed about seeing the lads win at Wembley and play in the second tier of the league and in a new stadium .... So, two out of three ain't bad !

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

Today is possibly the easiest of the last 4 games and the best chance we have of taking the 3 points. The other games will all become progressively more difficult, so in my opinion today is must win ! .... Do the business today and it will make things a heck of a lot easier in the remaining games with the added bonus of a strong challenge at the title !

Let's climb above Scunny and/or Rochdale either today or Monday and then it's they who will be looking over their shoulders at Fleetwood and Burton and not us !!!

#22 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

View Postbonnyman, on 18 April 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

If today isnt a must win game then i struggle to understand what is...we are playing exeter we are after a title and as far as im concerned its the first must win game in a 4 game series.

It's not because IF we don't win then promotion is still very much in our own hands.

There is still plenty of twists and turns left in this division, who'd have thought we'd be the only winners in the top 6 last week, given the fixtures??

#23 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

As I've said on a previous thread, if we win three of our remaining four games, either Rochdale or Scunthorpe will have to win three out of four to stop us winning the title.

If we have aspirations of the title then today is a must win, if we want to get promoted, today is a must win, as the confidence will be hit going into the next three if not.

#24 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Postbonnyman, on 18 April 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

If today isnt a must win game then i struggle to understand what is...we are playing exeter we are after a title and as far as im concerned its the first must win game in a 4 game series.

Depends on your definition of 'must win'. It's not in the sense today decides nothing but for lots of other reasons it is.

#25 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

About time we stuffed a team, get an early goal and hope today's the day we win 5-0 which includes 2 penalties to us
Have passport will travel

#26 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

View Postjack bauer, on 17 April 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

After last weekends great win at pool I hope/believe we may finally have the bit between our teeth at the right time, cooky seems rialled by 0.01% of fans, fine if thats what gets him motivated, the players last weekend were on it especially the likes of evatt, so arecwe focussing just at the right time, its a big game tomorrow and a tough one, 3 points will be a big 3 if we can take them. Come on you blues

as much as fans comments, he has been riled by comments from upstairs
A new hope.

#27 User is offline   BozaSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

Defiantly a must win if we draw and fleetwood win it blows it wide open again

#28 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

View Postdeath, on 18 April 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

as much as fans comments, he has been riled by comments from upstairs

go on... i must have missed this

#29 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostDreaming Spire, on 18 April 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Today is possibly the easiest of the last 4 games and the best chance we have of taking the 3 points. The other games will all become progressively more difficult, so in my opinion today is must win ! .... Do the business today and it will make things a heck of a lot easier in the remaining games with the added bonus of a strong challenge at the title !

Let's climb above Scunny and/or Rochdale either today or Monday and then it's they who will be looking over their shoulders at Fleetwood and Burton and not us !!!

we need to win today and Monday for one clear reason - it means we wont need to get results in the last 2 games. It also means the last 2 games will be against sides with one eye on the play offs so they may be playing with a little less vigour than they might if they could overhaul us.

Going into the last game, with a win for the title needed against a play off side looking at the next fixture and that game? Yes, this and Monday are must win games.

A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users