Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Pre Match News V Exeter - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pre Match News V Exeter

#41 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostMr_Pleasant, on 17 April 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

The manager has largely had a honeymoon period lasting for a year and a half, longer than a good number of managers actually last in their jobs.

Fans are a bit tetchy, probably because we are at the business end of the season, a lot is riding on it and, at root, because since late September our form would only make us borderline to get into the play-offs. Crowds aren't as high as one might expect given that we are in an automatic promotion place with 4 games to go, which won't just be because the novelty of the new ground has worn off a little for the floating fans. I appreciate the principle of what we are trying to achieve here, but it won't stop me (and it shouldn't stop anyone) from being constructively critical if I take issue with decisions, tactics etc etc.

If Mr Cook is starting to get his bum in his hands because that honeymoon period may be starting to wear off a bit, it's a shame, but I don't expect to lose any sleep over it.

His honeymoon period was last season.

He has had the fans on his side this season because of the consistent position in the league table.

A new hope.

#42 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

I'll go for an unchanged starting 11.

Lee

Darikwa,Evatt,Cooper,Smith

Gardner,Morsy,Hird,Kearns

Richards,Doyle.

#43 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostMr_Pleasant, on 17 April 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

The manager has largely had a honeymoon period lasting for a year and a half, longer than a good number of managers actually last in their jobs.

Fans are a bit tetchy, probably because we are at the business end of the season, a lot is riding on it and, at root, because since late September our form would only make us borderline to get into the play-offs. Crowds aren't as high as one might expect given that we are in an automatic promotion place with 4 games to go, which won't just be because the novelty of the new ground has worn off a little for the floating fans. I appreciate the principle of what we are trying to achieve here, but it won't stop me (and it shouldn't stop anyone) from being constructively critical if I take issue with decisions, tactics etc etc.

If Mr Cook is starting to get his bum in his hands because that honeymoon period may be starting to wear off a bit, it's a shame, but I don't expect to lose any sleep over it.

Explain what you mean by honeymoon period. Are you trying to say that Paul Cook has been in dreamland without a care in the world. I get that you are also trying to say he has things handed to him on a plate.
Cooky has worked really hard in the community, positive relationships with the 99.9% of supporters :rolleyes: brought in some good players at value for money, streamlined recruitment etc.....and above all has produced a 'good feel' factor and a plan for the future. Some people are ready to gloat when things do not go to plan and have unrealistic expectations, especially when we don't win every game. The plans are in place to continue to develop and some people need to understand what is trying to be achieved and not negatively critcise for the sake of it when things dont go our way.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#44 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 18 April 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

I would go with this:

Lee

Darikwa Evatt Cooper Smith

Gardner Hird Morsy Roberts

Doyle Gnanduillet

Oshea for armand for me
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#45 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 18 April 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Explain what you mean by honeymoon period. Are you trying to say that Paul Cook has been in dreamland without a care in the world. I get that you are also trying to say he has things handed to him on a plate.
Cooky has worked really hard in the community, positive relationships with the 99.9% of supporters :rolleyes: brought in some good players at value for money, streamlined recruitment etc.....and above all has produced a 'good feel' factor and a plan for the future. Some people are ready to gloat when things do not go to plan and have unrealistic expectations, especially when we don't win every game. The plans are in place to continue to develop and some people need to understand what is trying to be achieved and not negatively critcise for the sake of it when things dont go our way.

Dont know where to start here to be honest. Think you have misunderstood my post. Honeymoon period is the period where Cook has had almost exclusively positive press from the fans, and as I say, the principle of what he is trying to do is good. please dont assume I am itching to get on his back because I have said something slightly negative

#46 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostMr_Pleasant, on 18 April 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Dont know where to start here to be honest. Think you have misunderstood my post. Honeymoon period is the period where Cook has had almost exclusively positive press from the fans, and as I say, the principle of what he is trying to do is good. please dont assume I am itching to get on his back because I have said something slightly negative

Sorted :rolleyes:
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#47 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Tommy

Tendayi evatt coper smith

Gardner morsy hird Roberts

Doyle Richards

Happy with that tbh
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#48 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

The reason for a bit of apathy Mister Cook from some fans, stems from the fact that for the last 4 months or so the fans have had know idea which Chesterfield side will turn up, the good one or the poor one, it grates with supporters who have seen what can be achieved, but is only shown spasmodically apart from the first ten or so games, sometimes looking as though we cant be bothered if the opposition don't lay back an die an let us play the way we want to. Lets also not forget, you the manager an the players draw a wage out of this club, wages which are on the whole paid for by them very supporters, who in my opinion have every right to ask what the eff is going on! If you cannot take the rough with the smooth, an see it from the fans point of view, or just don't like stick, I think you could be in the wrong type of employment, because believe me, you haven't heard or seen anything yet compared to previous managers at this club!

Hoare (400)

#49 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

Just to pick up on Cook's comments post game.

Whilst he said the fans were great he singled out the stick Doyle was getting from behind him, I sit there and there is literally one bloke who has a Doyle vendetta who will slate everything he does but it's one bloke out of 7,300 in the ground yesterday and everyone around that area of the ground thinks the stuff he comes out with is absolute pap.

So in this example he's actually making comments about less than 0.1% of the fan base.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users