Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: What Might The Future Be For Cfc Under Paul Cook? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Might The Future Be For Cfc Under Paul Cook?

#2 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

I'll nail my colours to the mast from the start, I'm a Paul Cook fan. Whilst we all get worked up about the 90 minutes on the pitch, there are quite a few strings to a manager's bow. To some extent the art of identification, recruitment and retention of players is arguably just as important as the minutes on the pitch in terms of the club and how they progress.

Paul Cook has added some real quality to CFC in the last 18 months, off the top of my head I can think of

O'Shea
Cooper
Roberts
Ryan
Morsy
Gardner
Banks
Doyle
Gnanduillet
Evatt

Also Brindley was spotted by PC before being poached by Mrs Doubtfire up the road. It's clear he knows how to spot a player and get them here.

While PC has had his knockers for team selection, substitutions and failure to recuit a goalscorer I would say that what he offers the club is more valuable going forward through astute player aquisitions and firm foundations for the future. Sheridan's 2010/11 team was a house built on sand and the 2011/12 team had a huge amount of loan players trying to plug the gap as a result. Cook's team isn't like that and whilst it needs improving for next season, it is has a solid base that should serve us well.

I hope he remains here for some time as I think he will establish us as a top 10 L1 club in time and provide a springboard for a flirt with the Championship beyond that.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#3 User is offline   SpireiteStan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Totally agree. I think it's great how he's bringing in players he already knows as well. I think Morsy is the best signing as he's only young and has loads of time to develope. And Morsy went to school with Paul Cook's son too I think.

This post has been edited by SpireiteStan: 15 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

#4 User is offline   stagmanluke 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 15 April 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'll nail my colours to the mast from the start, I'm a Paul Cook fan. Whilst we all get worked up about the 90 minutes on the pitch, there are quite a few strings to a manager's bow. To some extent the art of identification, recruitment and retention of players is arguably just as important as the minutes on the pitch in terms of the club and how they progress.

Paul Cook has added some real quality to CFC in the last 18 months, off the top of my head I can think of

O'Shea
Cooper
Roberts
Ryan
Morsy
Gardner
Banks
Doyle
Gnanduillet

Evatt

Also Brindley was spotted by PC before being poached by Mrs Doubtfire up the road. It's clear he knows how to spot a player and get them here.

While PC has had his knockers for team selection, substitutions and failure to recuit a goalscorer I would say that what he offers the club is more valuable going forward through astute player aquisitions and firm foundations for the future. Sheridan's 2010/11 team was a house built on sand and the 2011/12 team had a huge amount of loan players trying to plug the gap as a result. Cook's team isn't like that and whilst it needs improving for next season, it is has a solid base that should serve us well.

I hope he remains here for some time as I think he will establish us as a top 10 L1 club in time and provide a springboard for a flirt with the Championship beyond that.

????

#5 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

View Poststagmanluke, on 15 April 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

????

Thought you were getting your coat

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

To be fair Luke Doyle has improved. His finishing is very awry but his off the ball movement is top class for this division. He had a nightmare against you and should've had at least two goals when you beat us at the Proact but you've not seen him often enough to give an opinion as to whether he's quality or not. As you even said yourself just yesterday, you can't discuss CFC's squad as you don't have a clue about it - that would be stupid (pretty much your words). Also, you said you were leaving a bit - for once in your time on this message board, just stick to your word. You might leave with a shred of dignity left if you're lucky!

Armand though... Yeah... Not even close to quality I'm afraid. Work in progress and a huge, huge improvement required for next season.

This post has been edited by Goku: 15 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

#7 User is offline   stagmanluke 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

I haven't commented, I've merely asked a question.

Anyway... off you go, your side, you discuss it.

#8 User is offline   SpireiteStan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

I think Armand can eventually be a good find for us as he is still young and as you said has a lot of improving to do. Although he could be a let down too. There's two ways it could go IMO, amazing find eventually or a total letdown.

#9 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

I think Doyle will go onto be a decent player for us...yes he has missed chances through the season but the goals he has scored married with his workrate and movement you can see why Cook wanted him.

As for Armand he needs to start improving as just being a big handful wont be enough in League 1 if he wants to push on. He does things now and then that make you think he could be a player but then he also does things that make you realise its only his first full season after a career in the ropey non leagues of France. I know it was only Long Eaton but that long range shot against them was as good a strike as you will see and one of those goals where the opposition doesnt really matter as its going in no matter what but then he does stupid things.

If we go up i'd be tempted to send him on loan for at least the first half of the season if we can afford it so he can play week in week out and see if that helps him to improve.

#10 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostGoku, on 15 April 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

To be fair Luke Doyle has improved. His finishing is very awry but his off the ball movement is top class for this division. He had a nightmare against you and should've had at least two goals when you beat us at the Proact but you've not seen him often enough to give an opinion as to whether he's quality or not. As you even said yourself just yesterday, you can't discuss CFC's squad as you don't have a clue about it - that would be stupid (pretty much your words). Also, you said you were leaving a bit - for once in your time on this message board, just stick to your word. You might leave with a shred of dignity left if you're lucky!

Armand though... Yeah... Not even close to quality I'm afraid. Work in progress and a huge, huge improvement required for next season.

I think there's a good chance Armand will be out on loan in the first part of next season, probably to L2

#11 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

View Poststagmanluke, on 15 April 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

I haven't commented, I've merely asked a question.

Anyway... off you go, your side, you discuss it.

You didn't ask a question, you lazily typed three question marks - if you meant "why are they on the list" then type it. You've got a keyboard and hands I presume? You could have also meant "why are they on the list, because I've seen them this season and they didn't look very good" - I went for the latter - if you'd have been clearer I wouldn't have had to guess.

This post has been edited by Goku: 15 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

#12 User is offline   stagmanluke 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostGoku, on 15 April 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

You didn't ask a question, you lazily typed three question marks - if you meant "why are they on the list" then type it. You've got a keyboard and hands I presume? You could have also meant "why are they on the list, because I've seen them this season and they didn't look very good" - I went for the latter - if you'd have been clearer I wouldn't have had to guess.

Yes, I have seem them in the flesh Josh, and it's not just me but a couple of your own supporters who think they are sheet.

Some may have different views. Nothing wrong with that. Last comment on this thread.

#13 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

So you were asking a question with an inferred subtext - hence why you should have put more than three question marks, I could have tailored my reply appropriately.

No need to thank me - just learn from your mistake.

This post has been edited by Goku: 15 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

#14 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

View Poststagmanluke, on 15 April 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yes, I have seem them in the flesh Josh, and it's not just me but a couple of your own supporters who think they are sheet.

Some may have different views. Nothing wrong with that. Last comment on this thread.

(hitches up his petticoat and storms out)

#15 User is offline   stagmanluke 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostGoku, on 15 April 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

So you were asking a question with an inferred subtext - hence why you should have put more than three question marks, I could have tailored my reply appropriately.

No need to thank me - just learn from your mistake.

Seriously, you are a really smart, intelligent chap for someone of your age, the comparison to when I was in my 20s is frightening. Anyway, this is not for me to debate, so please do get back on topic...

#16 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

View Poststagmanluke, on 15 April 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

Seriously, you are a really smart, intelligent chap for someone of your age, the comparison to when I was in my 20s is frightening. Anyway, this is not for me to debate, so please do get back on topic...

Take your own advice, this is a CFC related thread and you are trolling again

#17 User is offline   stagmanluke 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 15 April 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Take your own advice, this is a CFC related thread and you are trolling again

I've said get back on topic. Do so, and I will read these posts later without commenting.

#18 User is offline   Bigdogbarks 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

He's a sad ****!! Take the hint and do one back to scabsnet.. Your not wanted

#19 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostPhil V 72, on 15 April 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

O'Shea
Cooper
Roberts
Ryan
Morsy
Gardner
Banks
Doyle
Gnanduillet
Evatt

If you think gnanduillet is quality your post isnt worth reading
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#20 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

View Postbonnyman, on 15 April 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

If you think gnanduillet is quality your post isnt worth reading

Thanks

#21 User is offline   birdholmer 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

View Poststagmanluke, on 15 April 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

MR I WONT COMMENT ON YOUR TEAM,,your words maweby..
turned out you can,t stop lying
SCAB

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users