Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Kearns Here Til End Of Season - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kearns Here Til End Of Season

#21 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 15 April 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Not sure if he is the answer for next season, but he's done well while he's been here. Keen to take his man on and go outside him (something lacking from some of our wide men) and is a bit more direct. Certainly played his part.
On the subject of loans, are all our players staying out on loan till the end of the season now? Thought it would be good for chapman / brown / devitt to be here and be involved with the run in.

From the brief highlites it looked as though Devit playeed his part in depriving Fleetwood maximum points on Saturday, hope he can do the same to scunny this week and them fetch him back. Maybe CFC know what they are doing
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#22 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostDannySpireite, on 14 April 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

How can you say he has no end product whatsoever?? He had a perfectly good goal given offside vs Newport and his cross-field pass which created our second goal vs Hartlepool was premier league standard and his crossing has been decent too. Arguably it is the strikers fault for not sticking the ball in the net. Plus when Kearns gets into a position to shoot he does so whereas with O'Shea he doesn't always shoot.

Sorry to disappoint you, but unfortunately you can't count it as a goal if the ref doesn't give it. Now I was on the Kop, so in no position to judge offside, but he appeared to have plenty of time and space, so maybe he could have timed his move forward a bit more cleverly.
I wasn't at Hartlepool so will have to take your word for his Premier League pass.
Maybe he'll become as good a goalscorer as O'Shea one day, but he's got a long way to go.

#23 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

View Postboot, on 14 April 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

He has played 21 times in the Championship so not sure why you don't think he can manage League 2. Good contribution at Hartlepool and vital part in second goal. Personally haven't seen him have a poor game yet. Happy to have him.

So why is he not still playing in the Championship ?

#24 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

View Postboot, on 14 April 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

He has played 21 times in the Championship so not sure why you don't think he can manage League 2. Good contribution at Hartlepool and vital part in second goal. Personally haven't seen him have a poor game yet. Happy to have him.

We'll see quite soon whether Paul Cook agrees with you and offers him a contract.

#25 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 15 April 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

From the brief highlites it looked as though Devit playeed his part in depriving Fleetwood maximum points on Saturday, hope he can do the same to scunny this week and them fetch him back. Maybe CFC know what they are doing

Agent Devitt has done a fine job for CFC by playing for the Cockle-bashers!

#26 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostDoughnut, on 15 April 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Agent Devitt has done a fine job for CFC by playing for the Cockle-bashers!

We didn't get much of a chance to see Devitt in action, but I liked what bit I saw. Not the fastest or trickiest, but played with a lot of intelligence. PC's sort of player I would have thought, but it looks like Morecambe will be wanting him to stay there.
Kearns wants to be the fastest and trickiest, but isn't. Bit disappointing for me, and despite the cross for the goal - which owed a lot to Gardner's brilliant control - he wasn't in the game at Hartlepools, attacking or tracking back.

#27 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

View Posth again, on 15 April 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

We didn't get much of a chance to see Devitt in action, but I liked what bit I saw. Not the fastest or trickiest, but played with a lot of intelligence. PC's sort of player I would have thought, but it looks like Morecambe will be wanting him to stay there.
Kearns wants to be the fastest and trickiest, but isn't. Bit disappointing for me, and despite the cross for the goal - which owed a lot to Gardner's brilliant control - he wasn't in the game at Hartlepools, attacking or tracking back.

It'll be interesting to see if Devitt is with us next season.

#28 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

Garbled post. If Devitt is PC's type of player he will stay here - regardless of what Morecambe want. I agree that Kearns faded at Hartlepool.

#29 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

View Postsophocles, on 15 April 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

So why is he not still playing in the Championship ?

1. What relevance does that have to not being being good enough for League 2 ?

2. Because a Championship club haven't signed him - Peterborough are League 1.

This post has been edited by boot: 15 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

#30 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 15 April 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Garbled post. If Devitt is PC's type of player he will stay here - regardless of what Morecambe want. I agree that Kearns faded at Hartlepool.

Sorry, didn't realise you had reading difficulties. I'll try to us shorter words next time.

#31 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

View Posth again, on 15 April 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Sorry, didn't realise you had reading difficulties. I'll try to us shorter words next time.

Taking refuge in the old insults again when you lose the argument :D

#32 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

View Postsophocles, on 15 April 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

We'll see quite soon whether Paul Cook agrees with you and offers him a contract.

Paul Cook already agrees with me - loan contract extended to end of the season = good enough for League 2.

This post has been edited by boot: 15 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

#33 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

24hr recall so they can want him to stay all they want...if PC decides he needs him he can call him back.

#34 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

View Postboot, on 15 April 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

1. What relevance does that have to not being being good enough for League 2 ?

2. Because a Championship club haven't signed him - Peterborough are League 1.

The relevance is you using his Championship credentials to back up your estimation of his ability,and the fact he hasn't been signed by a Championship club makes some of the gushing compliments on here look a bit ridiculous. In addition - he isn't even playing for a L1 club at the moment is he? Don't get me wrong, I'm not into passing sweeping judgements ( I even gave Richards longer than most to prove he could still do it), so I hope he does come through; I just haven't personally seen anywhere near enough evidence so far, that he can bring enough to our squad to justify a contract. As I've said, it won't be long before PC decides whether he's good enough or not.

#35 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

View Postsophocles, on 16 April 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

The relevance is you using his Championship credentials to back up your estimation of his ability,and the fact he hasn't been signed by a Championship club makes some of the gushing compliments on here look a bit ridiculous. In addition - he isn't even playing for a L1 club at the moment is he? Don't get me wrong, I'm not into passing sweeping judgements ( I even gave Richards longer than most to prove he could still do it), so I hope he does come through; I just haven't personally seen anywhere near enough evidence so far, that he can bring enough to our squad to justify a contract. As I've said, it won't be long before PC decides whether he's good enough or not.

Its a bit like a certain posters ongoing love in with Scott Griffiths!

#36 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

View Postsophocles, on 16 April 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

I've not made any gushing comments. The only ones I've made refer to his contribution as a League 2 footballer in response to your stating that he is not good enough for League 2. Do you think he'll start Friday ?

#37 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 15 April 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Taking refuge in the old insults again when you lose the argument :D

Not at all. If you want to start something with the 'garbled post' rubbish it's fine by me, but if you start the insults don't whinge when you get one back.
While you're licking your wounds I should look up the meaning of 'garbled', as well.

#38 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

View PostJonB, on 16 April 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

24hr recall so they can want him to stay all they want...if PC decides he needs him he can call him back.

I'd have had him back before we signed Kearns,if I'm honest, but then he screwed Fleetwood very nicely for us on Saturday, so credit to PC for his devious master-plan - or not.
I'm not honestly able to form a valid opinion on what we've seen of him so far, but what little we saw was good. He made the right decisions on whether to pass, when to pass and who to pass to - not flash, but more important than a lot of tricky footwork. Also he was excellent from dead-ball situations - and boy, do we need somebody like that.

#39 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

View Postboot, on 16 April 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

I've not made any gushing comments. The only ones I've made refer to his contribution as a League 2 footballer in response to your stating that he is not good enough for League 2. Do you think he'll start Friday ?

I think he probably will. If it was down to me he wouldn't,but since he's available for the last four games he might as well be used, at least for parts of games, even if only to give others a bit of a break.

#40 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

View Posth again, on 16 April 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

Not at all. If you want to start something with the 'garbled post' rubbish it's fine by me, but if you start the insults don't whinge when you get one back.
While you're licking your wounds I should look up the meaning of 'garbled', as well.

Oh the pain! Well, Mr Muddle, now I know how Chris felt after Luke "wiped the floor" with him :D

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users