• You cannot reply to this topic

Jones

#61 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 March 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

Give it a rest and stop dragging up quotes from 6 months ago, please.

My own view is that I'd prefer the messageboard to be a forum for serious debate, which in general requires people to remember what their historical position has been when they post stuff, if they want to be taken seriously. Others regard it as more of a comic. Each to his own.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#62 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 March 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

My own view is that I'd prefer the messageboard to be a forum for serious debate, which in general requires people to remember what their historical position has been when they post stuff, if they want to be taken seriously. Others regard it as more of a comic. Each to his own.

I was fully aware that I'd praised Jones earlier on in the season before I posted my criticism today. You seem unable to realise that six months is a long time in football and opinions can change. As bonnyman rightly points out, Paul Cook has changed his opinion on Dan Jones. He didn't even get in the squad on Saturday and it wasn't due to injury - this is from Paul Cook, the manager who constantly preaches balance. He wants his LCB to be left footed, his LB to be left footed etc. and yet right footed Drew Talbot is picked ahead of him. Maybe you should drag up Paul Cook's interview when we signed Dan Jones - I'm sure he compliments him in it. You can then tell him to 'remember his historical position' and see how that goes.

#63 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 March 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

I was fully aware that I'd praised Jones earlier on in the season before I posted my criticism today. You seem unable to realise that six months is a long time in football and opinions can change. As bonnyman rightly points out, Paul Cook has changed his opinion on Dan Jones. He didn't even get in the squad on Saturday and it wasn't due to injury - this is from Paul Cook, the manager who constantly preaches balance. He wants his LCB to be left footed, his LB to be left footed etc. and yet right footed Drew Talbot is picked ahead of him. Maybe you should drag up Paul Cook's interview when we signed Dan Jones - I'm sure he compliments him in it. You can then tell him to 'remember his historical position' and see how that goes.

A bit obtuse if you don't mind me saying. Only 2 days ago PC said all his players were good players. They can't all play. A parallel would be a quote from PC saying the opposite to what he said when he signed Jones.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#64 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

View Postdim view, on 30 March 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

A bit obtuse if you don't mind me saying. Only 2 days ago PC said all his players were good players. They can't all play. A parallel would be a quote from PC saying the opposite to what he said when he signed Jones.

"They can't all play". Jones' 'replacement' was an untested 19 year old CB. Pretty obvious that something's up, and if Cook confirmed that it wasn't an injury, then I can only think it's due to being unhappy with Jones' performances this season.

#65 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

View Postdim view, on 30 March 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

What he says in the press and what he says elsewhere are two different things.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users