• You cannot reply to this topic

Man Of The Match

#61 User is offline   SixYardBox 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 29 March 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

Do we go with Armand up top at Bradfud or a 2 up top with Clucas ? lol.

Definitely Armand upfront, they'll never be able to work him out. As long as we don't try and pass it around on the ground we'll be all right. I predict a goal from either side as a result of a pass back to the keeper. My team talk would be something like this;

1. Pass it back to Tommy and you're fined £50
2. Pass it across the goal and you're fined £75
3. Pass it short in midfield and you're fined £100
4. Thump it long onto or of the pitch when in danger and you'll get a £50 bonus
5. Any long ball over the top for Armand or Clucas to run on to and you'll get a bonus of £75
6. Any shot on target from outside the box and you guessed it bonus of £100
7. Any goals scored from inside the box bonus £120
8. Any goals scored from outside the box, including wild deflections bonus £150.

The question is, would I be up or down at the end of the game?

This post has been edited by SixYardBox: 29 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

#62 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostSixYardBox, on 29 March 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Definitely Armand upfront, they'll never be able to work him out. As long as we don't try and pass it around on the ground we'll be all right. I predict a goal from either side as a result of a pass back to the keeper. My team talk would be something like this;

5. Any long ball over the top for Armand or Clucas to run on to and you'll get a bonus of £75
8. Any goals scored from outside the box, including wild deflections bonus £150.

What for corners dropped on penalty spot AT PACE............lol.
God I hate this league.

#63 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostSixYardBox, on 29 March 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Just sacked
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#64 User is offline   LuSiVe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

I still don't think we'll see Armand play for us again. Fake-Armand (Manny) will do the Armand role from now on.

#65 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 29 March 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

I think we will play Armand at some point, as although he isn't up to it, he's the only one of our big 3 front lads, that has any physicality to combat a strong Bradford side

Boli in for O'Shea would be my only change, unless it's Banks who drops out. The wings are the only non-agricultural parts of their ground, and where we can play football - on top of which I don't fancy O'Shea or Banks in a scrap, which is all Bradford seem to know.
Armand on after an hour if necessary.

#66 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

View PostLuSiVe, on 29 March 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

I still don't think we'll see Armand play for us again. Fake-Armand (Manny) will do the Armand role from now on.

Fake armand ..that made me laugh its like buying a fake pair of gills of chesterfield jeans..( older forumites may know what i mean).

This post has been edited by Erwan dsihounou: 29 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#67 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

MOTM had to be Sam Hird, a cultured, disciplined performance.

#68 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 29 March 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

I've changed me mind after watching the extended highlights. It was an easy day to defend. Clucas for me.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#69 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

As it has been for 90% of the last 2 seasons, and during this time we have seen the player that Sheridan thought he had signed.
A new hope.

#70 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

It's very easy to be cultured and disciplined when you're only facing one attack every ten minutes from a team that chucks up long balls to a fairly small forward line. Don't be misled into thinking that Hird, and Evatt for that matter, would be able to stem the tide if Ryan and Morsy weren't breaking up most of the trouble before it gets to the defence. Both decent central defenders but vulnerable to pace and passing, and Hird to high balls into the area.
I'll be extremely surprised if either of them are in the first team next season. As back-up at the right price I wouldn't argue, but I'd prefer somebody younger and faster.

#71 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

View Posth again, on 30 March 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

I'll be extremely surprised if either of them are in the first team next season. As back-up at the right price I wouldn't argue, but I'd prefer somebody younger and faster.

As I've said before, one of PC's biggest conundrums this summer is that the senior players who need replacing are not out of contract. I'd add Jayo and Tommy (and possibly Jones unless his problem is simply an ankle injury) to your two.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#72 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

It's very easy to be cultured and disciplined when you're only facing one attack every ten minutes from a team that chucks up long balls to a fairly small forward line. Don't be misled into thinking that Hird, and Evatt for that matter, would be able to stem the tide if Ryan and Morsy weren't breaking up most of the trouble before it gets to the defence. Both decent central defenders but vulnerable to pace and passing, and Hird to high balls into the area.

I know its hard for you to accept, but Hird is now a far better all round defender than Evatt, in the sense that he can also start attacks and contribute goals, and rarely gets caught for pace because of his speed of thought. If we are dumping one central defender from the team next season its certainly not Hird, who is also a threat from set pieces, being that he is the only player in our team who can time his jumps for balls into the box.

Hird and Raglan would be more than good enough for me next season.

#73 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

How can us having central midfielders in the team be used as a stick to beat Hird and Evatt? Most CBs are vulnerable to pace and passing in this division. Are there teams in this division who play without central midfielders or something?

Very odd post.

This post has been edited by Goku: 30 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

#74 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

There's no doubting that being a central defender would be far tougher with no midfielders in front of you.

#75 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 March 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

How can us having central midfielders in the team be used as a stick to beat Hird and Evatt? Most CBs are vulnerable to pace and passing in this division. Are there teams in this division who play without central midfielders or something?

Very odd post.

How long have you been watching CFC and not noticed how Morsy and Ryan shield the defence by breaking up play in midfield? Haven't you noticed how rarely we come under the cosh in the shape of sustained attacks, compared with the way it used to be?
That's what good midfielders do for you. Without them the defence would be taken to pieces on a regular basis. As it is it's mainly set pieces that the threat comes from, where small midfielders can't ususally influence the outcome.

#76 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

View Posth again, on 31 March 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

How long have you been watching CFC and not noticed how Morsy and Ryan shield the defence by breaking up play in midfield? Haven't you noticed how rarely we come under the cosh in the shape of sustained attacks, compared with the way it used to be?
That's what good midfielders do for you. Without them the defence would be taken to pieces on a regular basis. As it is it's mainly set pieces that the threat comes from, where small midfielders can't ususally influence the outcome.

I've noticed that just fine. That shouldn't be used as a stick to beat our CBs with, though, which is what you seem to be doing (correct me if I'm wrong).

#77 User is offline   SixYardBox 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:44 PM

did that Harrison goal stem from a poor back pass? Ah I do not what I'm talking about. Make sure we don't concede in the same fashion is all I can say!

#78 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostGoku, on 31 March 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

I've noticed that just fine. That shouldn't be used as a stick to beat our CBs with, though, which is what you seem to be doing (correct me if I'm wrong).

Well you might have gathered I don't rate either of them highly, though both are decent defenders. All I'm saying is that they have a much easier time than you'd expect because Ryan and Morsy take the heat off early, and if they didn't we'd really struggle.
Given the quality of those two we might even get away with the same defence next season, but I doubt they'll both be here, the replacement/s may not be the same standard, and in any case I think we need a lot more pace in central defence.

But if they keep a clean sheet tonight I might have to re-think.

#79 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

View Posth again, on 31 March 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Well you might have gathered I don't rate either of them highly, though both are decent defenders. All I'm saying is that they have a much easier time than you'd expect because Ryan and Morsy take the heat off early, and if they didn't we'd really struggle.
Given the quality of those two we might even get away with the same defence next season, but I doubt they'll both be here, the replacement/s may not be the same standard, and in any case I think we need a lot more pace in central defence.

But if they keep a clean sheet tonight I might have to re-think.

Tonight's joke post? Do you have a Hird doll at home into which you stick pins?

#80 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

Tonight's belters? They were all good but take a bow Sam Hird, Evo, Tendayi, Drew & Sam Morsy.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users