• You cannot reply to this topic

Man Of The Match

#21 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 March 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Samy Morsy was not at his best but he was closer to it that Jimmy Ryan. A couple of dreadful balls given away that could have been more costly against a better side, a couple punted straight out of play and a silly & unnecessary challenge that got him a deserved booking. He did improve as the game went on at least and you can never accuse him of hiding.

Jimmy seems to have been off it for a while now....is his heart not in it anymore ...have the contract negotiations had an effect on him......??
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#22 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

I dont think it can be underestimated just how vital to us Sam Hird is. He is one of the calmest players ive ever seen, absolute class.
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#23 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 28 March 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

Jimmy seems to have been off it for a while now....is his heart not in it anymore ...have the contract negotiations had an effect on him......??

Ryan was very poor today as were the vast majority.

#24 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:51 PM

Dunno, but I don't think many are expecting him to be here next season.

#25 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Drew Talbot was football class today deserved man of match and Tendayi wasent far behind rescued us from going 1 doiwn wen Tommy palmed onto bar.

#26 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

Darikwa for me, closely followed by hird..
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#27 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 28 March 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

If Tendayi wasn't MOM he should certainly be player of the season. He has hardly missed a minute and has been very consistent throughout.

#28 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

View Postdtp, on 28 March 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

If Tendayi wasn't MOM he should certainly be player of the season. He has hardly missed a minute and has been very consistent throughout.

Id agree with that
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#29 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:25 PM

View Postdtp, on 28 March 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

We said exactly the same during the game...others have had purple patches but he has been the most consistent by far!!

#30 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

View Postfishini, on 28 March 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Hird for me. His reading of games is above the rest of the defense which makes him look less industrious than the others. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time

I reckon Sam Hird is a very intelligent player and can read the game very well. Probably one of our more under rated players.

#31 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 March 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Samy Morsy was not at his best but he was closer to it that Jimmy Ryan. A couple of dreadful balls given away that could have been more costly against a better side, a couple punted straight out of play and a silly & unnecessary challenge that got him a deserved booking. He did improve as the game went on at least and you can never accuse him of hiding.

I don't know what people are seeing when they are criticizing Ryan, always available, quick clever passing, covers every blade of grass he is the absolute heart beat of our team. Morsy? Well I've no idea what the problem is but he was bang average today, I was chatting to Middle East at half time we were trying to work out if that's it as far as morsy is concerned, when we are playing well he looks good, it tougher tighter games he looks average, slower sideways passing with the occasional floaty ball out to the wing.
Man of the match was Hird by a mile, defended superbly, read the game and scored the match winning goal.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#32 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostBlue95, on 28 March 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

I dont think it can be underestimated just how vital to us Sam Hird is. He is one of the calmest players ive ever seen, absolute class.

Obvious to all apart from the Court Jester
A new hope.

#33 User is offline   meowdmucker 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:57 PM

View Posth again, on 28 March 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

Talbot is out of position, and obviously so, but we still look a better side when he plays. Don't ask me why, we just do. Might be something to do with his speed, which is back to where it was years ago and makes you realise how much slower he was when carrying the injury, or it might be that he brings the best out of other players, or just his sheer character, but he definitely adds something beyond the nuts and bolts.
He obviously isn't comfortable with playing on the left, but he's the best option.
I'd go along with trying him as the striker though. Might be an option if we finally lose the chance of the play-offs.

Funny, I thought he looked very comfortable at left back especially when he had Roberts in front of him.

#34 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 28 March 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

I don't know what people are seeing when they are criticizing Ryan, always available, quick clever passing, covers every blade of grass he is the absolute heart beat of our team. Morsy? Well I've no idea what the problem is but he was bang average today, I was chatting to Middle East at half time we were trying to work out if that's it as far as morsy is concerned, when we are playing well he looks good, it tougher tighter games he looks average, slower sideways passing with the occasional floaty ball out to the wing.
Man of the match was Hird by a mile, defended superbly, read the game and scored the match winning goal.

Morsy is like a heavy duty mark allott he just cannot penetrate he has to make more forward runs though as he looks dangerous like against derby and moreso against posh in the jpt at the moment you just have to show him onto his left foot and he is knackered...run with the ball sammy ffs
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#35 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 28 March 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Hird was my first thought even without the goal.

Yea me too - Hird got the nod from me

Have to agree - I thought we missed Morsey when he was out but today he struggled to do what we know he can. Perhaps we are being a bit harsh - he's allowed an off day I suppose

#36 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostRadders, on 28 March 2015 - 09:07 PM, said:

Have to agree - I thought we missed Morsey when he was out but today he struggled to do what we know he can. Perhaps we are being a bit harsh - he's allowed an off day I suppose

Actually thought he lost a one on one tussle today. Not Sam firing on all cylinders thats for sure

#37 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

View PostRadders, on 28 March 2015 - 09:07 PM, said:

Was it just an off day though? He's not been as effective as he was in the earlier part of the season when he looked every inch a championship midfielder.

The last outstanding game he had for me was derby in the cup. Dont get me wrong I rate him highly but what myself and firedodger were mulling over was is this his level? (on current form it is) or will he improve again and be sold for a 7 figure sum? If thats to happen then he needs to up his game...because for me he has been a little bit off it for a couple of months now!

This post has been edited by Middle East: 28 March 2015 - 09:27 PM

#38 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

Ryan got booked because of a very poor ball to him from Talbot (I believe). He was definately the best of our two central midfield players but I didn't think either were up to their normal standard with Jimmy going backwards too often and Sammy holding on to the ball too long.

However, my main concern, and I have had this for a while - this partnership is not suited to a 4-4-2. They are suited to PC's preferred style but not when he changes it. It is often the front players that come under scrutiny when we change to 4-4-2 but neither Jimmy nor Sammy seem to understand their roles when we are in this formation.

Cook needs to resolve this if ever we are to progress as we need players that can play to different systems. Today, he had no midfield options on the bench but, for me, if he was going 2 up top he needed to sort out the central midfield to play this way. We got through yes - but it was in spite of and not because of his substitutions.

Mark Allott's name keeps cropping up on the odd posting on these boards. He was a player that could play the defensive role in central midfield in a 4-4-2. When you play this system the central pair need to know who goes forward and who stays back. Perhaps, them both staying back in the 4-2-3-1 has not helped them when we switch systems.

#39 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostSixYardBox, on 28 March 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

You've got to be joking? How can anyone select a right footed player to play left back is beyond me. I'd rather see Clucas there with Talbot centre forward to be honest, if in deed Drew has to play. Talbots very bad pass to Morsy resulting in a foul by Morsy to get the ball followed by head in hands and then the sky blast over the bar from Talbot focused my mind on him with the conclusion he's looking more and more like a player out of his depth. That showing today was dire, mainly due to the fact the team is unbalanced and desperately missing a proper striker, not a fill in like Clucas and players out of position. What is wrong with Jones?

The rave reviews for Talbot from Plymouth and Oxford remember are L2. Having watched him so far he looks short on games big time but there is a steady improvement. It will be very interesting come Tuesday night when he has the option of Armand.

View PostSixYardBox, on 28 March 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

You've got to be joking? How can anyone select a right footed player to play left back is beyond me. I'd rather see Clucas there with Talbot centre forward to be honest, if in deed Drew has to play. Talbots very bad pass to Morsy resulting in a foul by Morsy to get the ball followed by head in hands and then the sky blast over the bar from Talbot focused my mind on him with the conclusion he's looking more and more like a player out of his depth. That showing today was dire, mainly due to the fact the team is unbalanced and desperately missing a proper striker, not a fill in like Clucas and players out of position. What is wrong with Jones?

The rave reviews for Talbot from Plymouth and Oxford remember are L2. Having watched him so far he looks short on games big time but there is a steady improvement. It will be very interesting come Tuesday night when he has the option of Armand.
God I hate this league.

#40 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 28 March 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Yep, u got that right..but fair play to Drew, he's come back really strongly!
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users