Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: "scunthorpe Have Some Really Good Players" - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"scunthorpe Have Some Really Good Players" "They have invested well"

#1 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:17 AM

Listened to these comments on Peak Fm. I felt two concerns here. First they are now a better team than us. How come they have all the good players after the window..... With all due respect...it is Scunthorpe. Second...I felt Cooks comments may have been directed at others. let's face it those players we have . er. invested in, apart from Carter, who i though was excellent last night, are not really good. Why? Look at their first touch amongst other things: Poor!

#2 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

Could have had Van Veen instead of Harrison if we'd been a bit quicker off the mark.

The problem with Harrison so far is he looks what he is - a half decent L2 striker who is used to being a big fish for a bottom half basement side. Even Chelts fans were saying he only had one decent game in 20. At 27 and a half there isn't going to be much you can do to change his languid style, which unless he is scoring rubs people up the wrong way.

#3 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 18 February 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Could have had Van Veen instead of Harrison if we'd been a bit quicker off the mark.

The problem with Harrison so far is he looks what he is - a half decent L2 striker who is used to being a big fish for a bottom half basement side. Even Chelts fans were saying he only had one decent game in 20. At 27 and a half there isn't going to be much you can do to change his languid style, which unless he is scoring rubs people up the wrong way.

Cheltenham wanted rid, PC must've seen something in him but it would suggest he was never going to be an overnight success

As far as Scunthorpe having a better squad they have spent money, borrowed decent players and not sold their prize asset

Hardly surprising they may have a better squad, what is surprising is that their chairman is flushing his money down the bog. Nice if you can get one
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#4 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

View Postazul, on 18 February 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Cheltenham wanted rid, PC must've seen something in him but it would suggest he was never going to be an overnight success

As far as Scunthorpe having a better squad they have spent money, borrowed decent players and not sold their prize asset

Hardly surprising they may have a better squad, what is surprising is that their chairman is flushing his money down the bog. Nice if you can get one

I would be happy if the loaned money were at 0.5% interest. Really, this doesn't help matters!!

#5 User is offline   spireiterob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

View Postazul, on 18 February 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Yeah, bizarre really, another Fleetwood, maybe he has dreams to get them as big as Grimsby.
CFC

#6 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

View PostElton John 1866, on 18 February 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Listened to these comments on Peak Fm. I felt two concerns here. First they are now a better team than us. How come they have all the good players after the window..... With all due respect...it is Scunthorpe. Second...I felt Cooks comments may have been directed at others. let's face it those players we have . er. invested in, apart from Carter, who i though was excellent last night, are not really good. Why? Look at their first touch amongst other things: Poor!

Apart from Madden and the no.6,I didn't see one of their players who I'd want in our team
lindave

#7 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

They are simply a selling club .
God I hate this league.

#8 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Do you honestly think they were that good last night? Two very poor teams were out there, only they were less poor than us!
Didn't think that much of their Dutch wonder either!

#9 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

View Postdjs, on 18 February 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Do you honestly think they were that good last night? Two very poor teams were out there, only they were less poor than us!

He was crap.
lindave

#10 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

View Postdjs, on 18 February 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Better than us is what I said.

#11 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

I know a few Scunny fans and to be fair I think we could learn a few lessons from them. After all they were in the Championship not that long ago. What they have always done is make sure they had good strikers.

Hooper
Hayes
Sharp
Madden etc etc

#12 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 18 February 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

I know a few Scunny fans and to be fair I think we could learn a few lessons from them. After all they were in the Championship not that long ago. What they have always done is make sure they had good strikers.

Hooper
Hayes
Sharp
Madden etc etc

Time to review your opinion Tim, can I also take this opportunity to gloat at their current league position.
God I hate this league.

#13 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 28 March 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

Time to review your opinion Tim, can I also take this opportunity to gloat at their current league position.

Not just tim....time to pm inronbrunet.?....and remind him of his we will finish higher than you prediction
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#14 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

Taken Theo Robinson on loan from Donny, the other day

This post has been edited by Humpalumpa: 29 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

The pride of Derbyshire

#15 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend