Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Championship League Final - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Championship League Final

#41 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 26 May 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

With or without the mistakes Madrid would have won, they are the better team.

Without the possibility of Salah doing something out the blue they were doomed

Ronaldo didn’t even have to break sweat

This post has been edited by azul: 26 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#42 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:51 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 May 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

At least Liverpool lost, made my night

Must admit I don’t care that much either way, just another premiership club competing in a poxy overhyped competition that has no relevence to our plight.

This post has been edited by azul: 26 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#43 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:19 PM

Is it only me that wonders why he didn't try to save Bale's overhead kick?

He dived and then didn't bother to love his arms towards the ball.

#44 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:29 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 26 May 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

Marvellous...but you also described him as stupid which he is, like most footballers. He's cynical...and anyone who doesn't see that, isn't actually watching him properly.

However, that was horrendous..

Two MAJOR fück ups from a very reliable 'keeper..

Karius is a crap keeper and so is Mignolet. Klopps error in not buying a decent keeper.

This post has been edited by Rodney's Moustache: 26 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

#45 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 26 May 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

So it’s not just Anyon then.

I'd rather have Anyon!

View PostRodney, on 26 May 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Karius is a crap keeper and so is Mignolet. Klopps error in not buying a decent keeper.

None of them will be within a million miles of the No1 shirt for Liverpool next season!
East stand second class citizen.

#46 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:14 AM

View Postazul, on 26 May 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Of course but that could also be something to do with the teams and players he's played with

How many trophies would he have won with Karius behind him :lol:

His long list of individual awards show it might have something to do with his own ability.

Good question, I think beckenbauer would look aids with him behind him.

#47 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:27 AM

Ultimately, Liverpool were beaten by two horrific errors and a wonder goal. There wasn’t that much in it. They were the better team until Salah went off which was a crying (literally) shame for him and the game as as a spectical as once he was gone Real completely took over and never looked like losing without creating stacks of chances.

Ramos is the biggest shithouse in the game. I’m not convinced he intended to injure Salah like some are suggesting but her certainly wanted to drag him down. I am convinced he tried to hurt Karius though and should have been sent off. That said, STB is right, he’s a winner and does whatever he needs to do to get the result. You’d love him in your team.

#48 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:40 AM

View Posthilly81, on 27 May 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

Ultimately, Liverpool were beaten by two horrific errors and a wonder goal. There wasn’t that much in it. They were the better team until Salah went off which was a crying (literally) shame for him and the game as as a spectical as once he was gone Real completely took over and never looked like losing without creating stacks of chances.

Ramos is the biggest shithouse in the game. I’m not convinced he intended to injure Salah like some are suggesting but her certainly wanted to drag him down. I am convinced he tried to hurt Karius though and should have been sent off. That said, STB is right, he’s a winner and does whatever he needs to do to get the result. You’d love him in your team.

But to be a real winner, you win fair. He wouldn’t know the meaning of the word. His attempt to get Mane punished for a non-existent punch in the chops was truly pathetic. If UEFA has any “spine”, which is doubtful, it will take retrospective action. Don’t hold your breath.

#49 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

I've read through this thread with amusement and have come to the conclusion that misnomer is a delusioned Liverpool fan who probably prefers a more cultured CB like John Terry over the likes of Ramos. I've watched the Salah incident over several times and see nothing deliberate in it. Salah had an outstretched arm trying to hold Ramos off initially and momentum brought about the injury.

The Liverpool goalkeeper basically typifies why I have little interest in premiership football which is full of ordinary foreign mercenaries earning an absolute fortune to the detriment of the sport in general because money flowing out of the game in immoral earnings deprives grass roots football. This is underlined by the fact that it is reputed that the Fulham v Villa game was worth up to £200 million to the winner and a failed Sunderland start next season in league one with a £34 million parachute payment - where will this money go and how does it create fair competition?

#50 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

View PostMisnomer, on 26 May 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Seriously, Ramos has to be one of THE most dirtiest defenders, ever! He pulled his arm out of position on purpose; fkin obvious...what a wànker

What a *winner

#51 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

Say what you like about Ramos, he completely managed that game. A textbook demonstration of the ‘dark arts’. Liverpool weren’t smart enough, or cynical enough to combat him. He knew how to nullify Liverpool’s pressing game, and did it expertly.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#52 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 27 May 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

Say what you like about Ramos, he completely managed that game. A textbook demonstration of the ‘dark arts’. Liverpool weren’t smart enough, or cynical enough to combat him. He knew how to nullify Liverpool’s pressing game, and did it expertly.

He is most definitely a brilliant cheat & has many medals to prove it. Yes he wins but does he deserve respect? I think not.

#53 User is offline   Voiceofjoe 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:19 AM

View Postdtp, on 27 May 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

I've read through this thread with amusement and have come to the conclusion that misnomer is a delusioned Liverpool fan who probably prefers a more cultured CB like John Terry over the likes of Ramos. I've watched the Salah incident over several times and see nothing deliberate in it. Salah had an outstretched arm trying to hold Ramos off initially and momentum brought about the injury.

The Liverpool goalkeeper basically typifies why I have little interest in premiership football which is full of ordinary foreign mercenaries earning an absolute fortune to the detriment of the sport in general because money flowing out of the game in immoral earnings deprives grass roots football. This is underlined by the fact that it is reputed that the Fulham v Villa game was worth up to £200 million to the winner and a failed Sunderland start next season in league one with a £34 million parachute payment - where will this money go and how does it create fair competition?

Totally in agreement that the amount of money in the top tiers is obscene, when clubs lower down the leagues could survive for a season on a single players monthly income.

Just as a point on the Sunderland parachute payment I did read that the chap from Eastleigh who has paid 40 million for Sunderland has in fact only had to stump up 5 million and the remainder has been agreed to be paid off from the parachute payment. So in effect he’s bought one of the bigger clubs in the country, debt free and it’s only cost him 5 milllon. You can see why DA struggled to get 10 million for a club that was languishing at the bottom of League 2

#54 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:beer

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 26 May 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

Pure filth. Football needs rid of his kind.

Agreed his elbow on the keeper 2nd half not sure how all the officials missed it
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#55 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostToddhopper., on 27 May 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

He is most definitely a brilliant cheat & has many medals to prove it. Yes he wins but does he deserve respect? I think not.

I think if we had a few players who had a similar approach to managing the game we wouldn’t be a non-league club. Football has always had its villains, it makes the game what it is. 22 sanitised clean players wouldn’t necessarily make for a better game to watch.
And I’m sure one day Ramos will get his comeuppance - maybe in the WC final against England??

This post has been edited by Phil V 72: 27 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#56 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

View PostToddhopper., on 27 May 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

He's probably sitting at home right now wearing his World Cup and his other medals right now worrying about what supporters of an English Non-League team think about him :-)

#57 User is offline   kopblue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 27 May 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

He's probably sitting at home right now wearing his World Cup and his other medals right now worrying about what supporters of an English Non-League team think about him :-)

If I were him I'd be more worried what some nutjob Egyptian might do if mo salah misses the World Cup 😂

#58 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:46 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 27 May 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Indeed. But its also true that football is a game of opinions & is nothing without supporters. Ramos may have the riches but he has it on the backs of the supporters & thus if I want to have an opinion on him I damn well will.

#59 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostToddhopper., on 27 May 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

Indeed. But its also true that football is a game of opinions & is nothing without supporters. Ramos may have the riches but he has it on the backs of the supporters & thus if I want to have an opinion on him I damn well will.

Hear hear.
These go to eleven.

#60 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

Latest report on Salah is it is a sprained shoulder not dislocated. Should be OK for World Cup.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users