• You cannot reply to this topic

Curtis Weston

#41 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

View PostNorton Blue, on 25 May 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

Ok, I’m assuming you are serious in asking the question.A lot more professional than,

“This morning we have signed Curtis Weston.

He is a Champion.

Take care,

Martin”

Do you in all seriousness think that is a professional way to announce on an official club website?
personally i’d have liked to know a bit more, why this player? what does he bring to the team that we don’t have? Etc etc. Or has the media team packed up and been sacked too and MA is now in charge of all communications?

I’d expect the kind of communication on the CFC website for a tweet on Sunday pub side

perhaps this style ensured it got out before DeeDah could announce it. An in depth interview on iFollow followed very quickly.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#42 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 May 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

perhaps this style ensured it got out before DeeDah could announce it. An in depth interview on iFollow followed very quickly.

Lol, like it.

#43 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

Ok, I’m assuming you are serious in asking the question.A lot more professional than,

He is a Champion.

Take care,

Martin”

Do you in all seriousness think that is a professional way to announce on an official club website?
personally i’d have liked to know a bit more, why this player? what does he bring to the team that we don’t have? Etc etc. Or has the media team packed up and been sacked too and MA is now in charge of all communications?

I’d expect the kind of communication on the CFC website for a tweet on Sunday pub side

I suppose I can see your point, to a certain extent, but it comes across a bit like moaning for the sake of it.

Yes its unconventional but it's fresh and IMO just what the fans need. We need different, a new direction.

The amount of mates and work colleagues following all manner of clubs from Everton to Alfreton Town with Derby, Forest and Sheff Utd in the middle that have commented positively on MA's approach.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this little thing and it's the first time for a while I've been able to say that about anything related to CFC.

#44 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

He is a Champion.

Take care,

Martin”

The media team probably should be sacked based on past performance!!

#45 User is offline   bucko 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Yeah Norton stop moaning for moaning sake

#46 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

He is a Champion.

Take care,

Martin”

He has discussed the signings in detail in his recent interviews in the local media and on the club website.

Also the signings themselves have interviews on the main site - what more do you want?

You seem to be truly on your own with this criticism
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#47 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

View Postbucko, on 25 May 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

Yeah Norton stop moaning for moaning sake

Who rattled your cage bucko! ;)

#48 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

View Postazul, on 25 May 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

He has discussed the signings in detail in his recent interviews in the local media and on the club website.

Also the signings themselves have interviews on the main site - what more do you want?

You seem to be truly on your own with this criticism

Not everyone has access to the interviews on the site. Fresh approach it might be but I’d expect a lot more, which I’ve explained above. At a time when we’re all talking about the need for the club to sort itself out, stop making mistakes, etc we get the most amateurish of announcements. I don’t want amateurs running the club, I was us to sort all the crap out, and part of that has to be reflected in the way we communicate.

Do you think the announcement is a good one?

#49 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

He is a Champion.

Take care,

Martin”

However the signings have been announced during the last two seasons hasnt actually worked in making the club successful on the pitch has it and at least this is a novel way for us

#50 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 25 May 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

The media team probably should be sacked based on past performance!!

Wonder how much the club spends on these fellas

#51 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:30 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 25 May 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

Wonder how much the club spends on these fellas

If it's performance based pay, not much. If it was good money they would've been let go already, or is it they have been let go and no media team left to announce it?

#52 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

Ok, I'm assuming you are serious in asking the question.A lot more professional than,

"This morning we have signed Curtis Weston.

He is a Champion.

Take care,

Martin"

personally i'd have liked to know a bit more, why this player? what does he bring to the team that we don't have? Etc etc. Or has the media team packed up and been sacked too and MA is now in charge of all communications?

I'd expect the kind of communication on the CFC website for a tweet on Sunday pub side

Ask this Tuesday night.
God I hate this league.

#53 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:54 AM

He is a Champion.

Take care,

Martin”

I don’t know what more you want and what you think the boundaries of professional are?
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users