Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Dave Allen - I Do Not Accept Any Criticism At All - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dave Allen - I Do Not Accept Any Criticism At All Peak FM interview

#61 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 16 May 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Chesterfield FC is playing non league football.

The Club is all but bankrupt.

It's reputation has been trashed by a catalogue of controversies, scandals and, on at least one occasion, proven corruption.

Indeed only last week we learned of FA charges that could render all Dave Trump's talk of an immediate return redundant, intimidation of one of our most respected supporters and a kit cock-up that once again embarrassed CFC in the nation's eyes.

Fans, sponsors and locals alike are turning their backs in ever increasing numbers.

Yet Allen spews out delusional arrogance like some megalomaniac dictator on a Mel Brooks comedy.

You'd have to be pretty twisted to raise a giggle at any of this, though...

Brilliant analogy!

#62 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 16 May 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Chesterfield FC is playing non league football.

The Club is all but bankrupt.

It's reputation has been trashed by a catalogue of controversies, scandals and, on at least one occasion, proven corruption.

Indeed only last week we learned of FA charges that could render all Dave Trump's talk of an immediate return redundant, intimidation of one of our most respected supporters and a kit cock-up that once again embarrassed CFC in the nation's eyes.

Fans, sponsors and locals alike are turning their backs in ever increasing numbers.

Yet Allen spews out delusional arrogance like some megalomaniac dictator on a Mel Brooks comedy.

You'd have to be pretty twisted to raise a giggle at any of this, though...

Dave Allen = President Skroob (Spaceballs)

Either that or Dr Strangelove (with Carcrash as his right arm that he can't control)
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#63 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:51 PM

View PostI don’t like mondays, on 16 May 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

The third time I listened to the DA interview I was utterly convinced our demise has been engineered out spite because-

That is a very dangerous assumption. Are you suggesting that all the things you and others listed earlier in the week which have contributed to our demise have been engineered? In my opinion, the things you listed are indicative of a culture which has developed on Sheffield Road over many years.

#64 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Imo Dave Allen runs the club in a similar manner to Norton Lea

That is its my way or the highway approach

I am convinced Norton Lea let the club go to Darren Brown convinced that he would come back like a knight in shining armour proclaiming look what happens when I am not in charge and perhaps you will now be grateful I have saved the club

The waters however got a lot muddier whilest Brown was in charge so Lea was not able to carry out his plan

Whilest Dave Allen has not sold the club he has supposodly by his own admission took a more backward step and let other people get on with it

Coul it be with him saying he is going to take a more hands on approach a similar you ungrateful ****** will be glad I am still in charge?

I suppose only time will tell and Martin Allen is Dave Allens man to help make it happen

Or Dave Allen hopes he is and no doubt he will not be slow at coming forward to tell us so :windup

#65 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

I honestly cannot believe anyone is buying any of this man's shít..AGAIN!

I couldn't give one fück what he says; he's spinning the same böllox and blaming everyone from the kiosk lady to the council...

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: HE SENT HIS HEAVIES TO THE PLACE OF WORK OF A WELL RESPECTED MEMBER OF THIS BOARD AND LONGTERM FAN OF CFC...BECAUSE HE WAS GETTING TOO CLOSE TO DA'S BULL SHÍT.

How anyone can just let that slide is utterly beyond me.

#66 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

View Postisleaiw1, on 16 May 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

I'd

I'd suggest that he does based on prior posts he has made.

I'd suggest based on your posts you are more on an intellectual level with my 21 month old grandson. Although he may have passed you now...

You're a high-flying accountant? And that's the best you can come up with?
School playground stuff, I'm afraid, though it also 'suggests' you were never at school.

#67 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Phil V 72 said:

1526495623[/url]' post='1393143']
The lengths he will go to in order to prove a point....

However, after being initially peed off by his interview, bizarrely on reflection I'm more optimistic for the club's future. Allen is a determined man with a point to prove, with an exit strategy that (if it comes off) will leave a club in a healthier situation.

Well I’m still in the NAPM more camp.

If these are the depths the spiteful old bar steward is prepared to go to then HE REALLY CAN GO F@@K HIMSELF. An apology would have been a massive gesture, he did the opposite. He obviously thinks that morals have no influence in football, and only results matter.

Maybe for many that’s the case, but not for me. I’d rather watch a losing side doing its honest best, than a corrupt club winning games. I guess that’s also why I stopped watching Italian football as often as possible to almost not at all.

3rd season in row then for away games only and no shirts.

More games than last season though, selfishly for me.

Les Ashmorenrecent pistnsummarised perfectly then situation. It needs
A new hope.

#68 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

h again said:

1526500500[/url]' post='1393181']
School playground stuff, I'm afraid, though it also 'suggests' you were never at school.

May I refer you the recent post by Les Ashmore, his humility and apology and ask if, after your tenure as the resident snipe, slander and slur provider that you reconsider your position and do the same?
A new hope.

#69 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

View PostI don’t like mondays, on 16 May 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

May I refer you the recent post by Les Ashmore, his humility and apology and ask if, after your tenure as the resident snipe, slander and slur provider that you reconsider your position and do the same?

I pity his match day attendance because he must always be wary of somebody saying hello.
East stand second class citizen.

#70 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

View PostI don’t like mondays, on 16 May 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Well I’m still in the NAPM more camp.

If these are the depths the spiteful old bar steward is prepared to go to then HE REALLY CAN GO F@@K HIMSELF. An apology would have been a massive gesture, he did the opposite. He obviously thinks that morals have no influence in football, and only results matter.

Maybe for many that’s the case, but not for me. I’d rather watch a losing side doing its honest best, than a corrupt club winning games. I guess that’s also why I stopped watching Italian football as often as possible to almost not at all.

3rd season in row then for away games only and no shirts.

More games than last season though, selfishly for me.

Les Ashmorenrecent pistnsummarised perfectly then situation. It needs

Im still totally on your bus. I’ve been to 2 games since Cook left and I still won’t go to home games.

My point was if his exit strategy comes to fruition we’ll be at least a successful league 1 club and there’ll be something left to go back and support when he goes.

His attitude is not to my liking and I still won’t support his regime financially, nor have I forgotten what’s happened.

This post has been edited by Phil V 72: 16 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#71 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

Mr Mercury said:

1526501181[/url]"]1526501181[/url]' post='[url="tel:[url="tel:1393189"]1393189[/url]"]1393189[/url]']I pity his match day attendance because he must always be wary of somebody saying hello.
He's been identified by a few people, but I wouldn't want to approach someone incorrectly. That wouldn't be right.
ext time I have a weekend in town, I might have to pop to netherthorpe though, you never know who you might bump into.

This post has been edited by I don’t like mondays: 16 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

A new hope.

#72 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

Phil V 72 said:

1526501331[/url]' post='1393191']
Im still totally on your bus. I've been to 2 games since Cook left and I still won't go to home games.

My point was if his exit strategy comes to fruition we'll be at least a successful league 1 club and there'll be something left to go back and support when he goes.

His attitude is not to my liking and I still won't support his regime financially, nor have I forgotten what's happened.

I’m with you on that. If his exit strategy bears fruit then I will be financially back on board 100%
A new hope.

#73 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

Blue5 said:

1526495756[/url]' post='1393146']
I believe the interviews also reveal a lot about the type of individual Ashley Carson is.

Absolutely it reveals, for those who didn’t realise already, what type of individual Ashley Carson is.

There can only be the very odd one or two people who now realise what sort of regime is in control of CFC
A new hope.

#74 User is offline   Les Ashmore 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

I have to be totally honest here, I haven't listened to the whole of the DA interview, I am sick and tired of listening to lies it's as though they cant speak without lying.

I got to the part where he was surprised how quickly the board resigned and wanted their money back :lol: :lol:

I just wonder if he think's everybody from Chesterfield is daft and gullible?

Don't answer that Ashley, We all know the answer so no need to Lie.
By the way can somebody tell him Danny Wilson wasn't with us 2 year :blink:

This post has been edited by Les Ashmore: 26 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

ReBorn Spireite

#75 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

View Posth again, on 16 May 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

school. Uni (x2). Professional qualification.

And a family that taught me that being an argumentative wind up merchant wouldn't get me very far in life.

Your behaviour on here is that of a troll, I bet in your youth you were either a bully or the bullied. Either way, I am sure how you behave gives you some form of release or no one would carry it on in the way you do.

Hope that you find the treatment you need at some stage to become a better human being.
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#76 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

He's very very old so probably too late for him.

#77 User is offline   isleaiw1 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 26 May 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

So am I but always aiming to be a better person...
Stay Home. Stay Safe.

#78 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 26 May 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

It’s never to late.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#79 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

View PostBlue5, on 16 May 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

That is a very dangerous assumption. Are you suggesting that all the things you and others listed earlier in the week which have contributed to our demise have been engineered? In my opinion, the things you listed are indicative of a culture which has developed on Sheffield Road over many years.

Sorry, perhaps I should have explained myself a little better.

Our demise, in terms of league status and relegation struggles only, since Allen walked out of the AGM, has been swift, and I believe deliberately engineered by Allen.
Managers who looked like they might succeed had budgets cut. Wilson didn’t have a chance did he.
Caldwell, while being an appalling manager had the rug pulled from under him in January ensuring relegation. Lester the same, IMO.

P
A new hope.

#80 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

View PostI don’t like mondays, on 27 May 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Sorry, perhaps I should have explained myself a little better.

Our demise, in terms of league status and relegation struggles only, since Allen walked out of the AGM, has been swift, and I believe deliberately engineered by Allen.
Managers who looked like they might succeed had budgets cut. Wilson didn’t have a chance did he.
Caldwell, while being an appalling manager had the rug pulled from under him in January ensuring relegation. Lester the same, IMO.

P

So I'll ask the question that others have asked before (without credible answer)

Why engineer (deliberately) our demise?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users