Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Dave Allen - I Do Not Accept Any Criticism At All - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dave Allen - I Do Not Accept Any Criticism At All Peak FM interview

#1 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

All the managers fault

Worth it's own thread!

https://audiomack.co...llen-for-online

#2 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

View Postmoondog, on 15 May 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

All the managers fault

Worth it's own thread!

How does Carson feel about being left out of the unveiling of MA? Let's hope his days are numbered then you won't have to pass on his worthless lies
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#3 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

Compare and contrast, re: the selling of the club...

AC in interviews earlier this season: Dave definitely wants out... prepared to take a loss in order to sell... that will be his legacy (Ha!)

DA with Joe today: I want out, what I've put in.

So, as of today, the club is no longer for sale.

#4 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 15 May 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Compare and contrast, re: the selling of the club...

AC in interviews earlier this season: Dave definitely wants out... prepared to take a loss in order to sell... that will be his legacy (Ha!)

DA with Joe today: I want out, what I've put in.

So, as of today, the club is no longer for sale.

The club is for sale, he said that in the interview.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#5 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 15 May 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

The club has always been for sale..whoever it's for sale to, is a different matter!
East stand second class citizen.

#6 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 15 May 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

Yeah, alright, be a pedant. Who is going to pay £15m for a conference team? It's only worth what people are prepared to pay for it. It isn't worth £15m unless you're the Arab, Russian or Chinese oligarch to whom £15m is chump-change. I can see them all lining up with their bids now...

#7 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

View Postfishini, on 15 May 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

How does Carson feel about being left out of the unveiling of MA? Let's hope his days are numbered then you won't have to pass on his worthless lies

Clever, that. No Carson, no questions about the ghastly filth of the last few years.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#8 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:14 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 15 May 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

Yeah, alright, be a pedant. Who is going to pay £15m for a conference team? It's only worth what people are prepared to pay for it. It isn't worth £15m unless you're the Arab, Russian or Chinese oligarch to whom £15m is chump-change. I can see them all lining up with their bids now...

Agreed. The club is for sale, everything’s for sale at the right price.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#9 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 15 May 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Agreed. The club is for sale, everything’s for sale at the right price.

So if nobody is prepared to pay £15m, it's not for sale. As a much more respected member of this board than me has said on numerous occasions, it's not an asking price, it's a stay away price.

#10 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:19 PM

View PostLooker-on, on 15 May 2018 - 08:11 PM, said:

Clever, that. No Carson, no questions about the ghastly filth of the last few years.

Allen made a few blunt comments about supporting the manager. Allen the manager says new signings next week- Allen(Dave) has, it appears, put his money where his mouth is since contracted players are up to budget as it stands. You can't fault the man in a footballing sense; he hasn't b*** up the player signings like Saunders to Lester.
Time to sit back and enjoy the ride then.... Interesting month or two!

#11 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 15 May 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

So if nobody is prepared to pay £15m, it's not for sale. As a much more respected member of this board than me has said on numerous occasions, it's not an asking price, it's a stay away price.

Something can be for sale even if someone doesn’t make the offer it’s for sale for.

#12 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

Can I get the credit for that?

#13 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

At the end of the Radio Sheffield interview which is also priceless by the way. Dangerous Dave said that he will flog to one of his chinese punters when we are back in League One.

#14 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

moondog said:

1526412958[/url]' post='1392738']
All the managers fault

Worth it's own thread!

DA “what amazed me was how quickly the others ran away and wanted their money back?”

Wow, talk about re writing history

DA “they couldn’t fund it from day one, they couldn’t meet the payments of £500k a year?”

No mention of the debts increasing by £5,000,000 on your watch Dave, or you saying the club would be run properly and not have mountains of debt, WHILE YOU WERE CHAIRMAN then Dave.

DA “before they kicked a ball they were £3 to 4million in debt, they hadn’t done their sums right”

That’s true Dave, but we are now £10 million or so in debt, so it’s not just Barry Hubbard who haven’t done the right is it?

DA “ I took a phone call from an mp who said the council will be disappointed if we go down! Will they? How much money have they got in? Nothing! They put a loan in, took it back and took interest.”

Dave, did they “take it back” or did you pay them off and replace it, and the first charge with a mortgage from AS leasure? And this council, didn’t they facilitate the gifting of the land the ground is built on?

DA “[talking about the councils loan] ‘don’t make me sick’ .......

Dave, I’ve just vomited myself, but not the same reasons you cite.

DA “ were going to be self sufficient. I’ve bought businesses, and cut it back to the bare minimum and rebuilt from there and that’s what we’re going to do here”

Hang on Dave, this isn’t a new acquisition here, this is a business that you have owned for 8 years and been chairman for half of that time. If it’s a bloated, inefficient business, that’s happened on your watch.

DA” I do not accept any criticism at all. If it wasn’t for me there wouldn’t be a staudium there”

True enough. But the criticism hasn’t ever been about that. But you know that Dave.
DA “Turner did a great job, but what they do? Same as they are trying to do with Ashley Carson. Get out we don’t like you, your from Sheffield.”

Oh Dave, Dave really? Do you honestly think that’s what it’s been about? The lies, the fake raffle winners, the PPP scandal, taking money from dodger characters with fake businesses? The sponsors departing in droves? All because your from Sheffield?

DA. “There’s no one round here with the money to buy it, or if they have they’re not prepared to put the money in. There’s been a load of claptrap, they lawyers who put them forward to Ashley should have known better if he’d have put them to me he’d have found out what life was about”

Does that include the £10,000,000 Swedish consortium Dave? Is ten million a derisory offer now?

DA. Re iterates his desire to reach the championship and then sell.

I will take that with a pinch of salt Dave, if you don’t mind.

A new hope.

#15 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:33 PM

I don't accept that Dave Allen doesn't accept any criticism.

Where do we go from here Dave

#16 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

View PostI don’t like mondays, on 15 May 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

DA “what amazed me was how quickly the others ran away and wanted their money back?”

DA “they couldn’t fund it from day one, they couldn’t meet the payments of £500k a year?”

No mention of the debts increasing by £5,000,000 on your watch Dave, or you saying the club would be run properly and not have mountains of debt, WHILE YOU WERE CHAIRMAN then Dave.

DA “before they kicked a ball they were £3 to 4million in debt, they hadn’t done their sums right”

That’s true Dave, but we are now £10 million or so in debt, so it’s not just Barry Hubbard who haven’t done the right is it?

DA “ I took a phone call from an mp who said the council will be disappointed if we go down! Will they? How much money have they got in? Nothing! They put a loan in, took it back and took interest.”

Dave, did they “take it back” or did you pay them off and replace it, and the first charge with a mortgage from AS leasure? And this council, didn’t they facilitate the gifting of the land the ground is built on?

DA “[talking about the councils loan] ‘don’t make me sick’ .......

Dave, I’ve just vomited myself, but not the same reasons you cite.

DA “ were going to be self sufficient. I’ve bought businesses, and cut it back to the bare minimum and rebuilt from there and that’s what we’re going to do here”

Hang on Dave, this isn’t a new acquisition here, this is a business that you have owned for 8 years and been chairman for half of that time. If it’s a bloated, inefficient business, that’s happened on your watch.

DA” I do not accept any criticism at all. If it wasn’t for me there wouldn’t be a staudium there”

True enough. But the criticism hasn’t ever been about that. But you know that Dave.
DA “Turner did a great job, but what they do? Same as they are trying to do with Ashley Carson. Get out we don’t like you, your from Sheffield.”

Oh Dave, Dave really? Do you honestly think that’s what it’s been about? The lies, the fake raffle winners, the PPP scandal, taking money from dodger characters with fake businesses? The sponsors departing in droves? All because your from Sheffield?

DA. “There’s no one round here with the money to buy it, or if they have they’re not prepared to put the money in. There’s been a load of claptrap, they lawyers who put them forward to Ashley should have known better if he’d have put them to me he’d have found out what life was about”

Does that include the £10,000,000 Swedish consortium Dave? Is ten million a derisory offer now?

I will take that with a pinch of salt Dave, if you don’t mind.

Simply fantastic....but you, or others from the message board, shouldn't be asking these questions..the local media should! And should be asked in full spotlight.

#17 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 15 May 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

Simply fantastic....but you, or others from the message board, shouldn't be asking these questions..the local media should! And should be asked in full spotlight.

Agreed - The likes of DA etc. Get a very easy ride from the media with the questions asked.

#18 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

View PostI don, on 15 May 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

DA "what amazed me was how quickly the others ran away and wanted their money back?"

DA "they couldn't fund it from day one, they couldn't meet the payments of £500k a year?"

DA "before they kicked a ball they were £3 to 4million in debt, they hadn't done their sums right"

That's true Dave, but we are now £10 million or so in debt, so it's not just Barry Hubbard who haven't done the right is it?

DA " I took a phone call from an mp who said the council will be disappointed if we go down! Will they? How much money have they got in? Nothing! They put a loan in, took it back and took interest."

Dave, did they "take it back" or did you pay them off and replace it, and the first charge with a mortgage from AS leasure? And this council, didn't they facilitate the gifting of the land the ground is built on?

DA "[talking about the councils loan] 'don't make me sick' .......

Dave, I've just vomited myself, but not the same reasons you cite.

DA " were going to be self sufficient. I've bought businesses, and cut it back to the bare minimum and rebuilt from there and that's what we're going to do here"

Hang on Dave, this isn't a new acquisition here, this is a business that you have owned for 8 years and been chairman for half of that time. If it's a bloated, inefficient business, that's happened on your watch.

DA" I do not accept any criticism at all. If it wasn't for me there wouldn't be a staudium there"

True enough. But the criticism hasn't ever been about that. But you know that Dave.
DA "Turner did a great job, but what they do? Same as they are trying to do with Ashley Carson. Get out we don't like you, your from Sheffield."

Oh Dave, Dave really? Do you honestly think that's what it's been about? The lies, the fake raffle winners, the PPP scandal, taking money from dodger characters with fake businesses? The sponsors departing in droves? All because your from Sheffield?

DA. "There's no one round here with the money to buy it, or if they have they're not prepared to put the money in. There's been a load of claptrap, they lawyers who put them forward to Ashley should have known better if he'd have put them to me he'd have found out what life was about"

I will take that with a pinch of salt Dave, if you don't mind.

God I hate this league.

#19 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

He repeatedly said its the managers fault and that he doesn't accept any criticism whatsoever....well for me Joe should have simply responded by saying well it was you who bl@@dy well sanctioned their appointments!!!

Delusional probably, arrogant definitely....but unfortunately he obviously ain't going anywhere!!!

Oh and Danny 'about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard' Wilson actually kept us up Mr Allen, which you also appear to have conveniently forgotten!

This post has been edited by Middle East: 15 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#20 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

'They hadn't done their sums right' mmm

Where was your due diligence of cfc on acquiring the club. Just asking.

God I hate this league.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users