Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: V Sheffield United - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

V Sheffield United

#21 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

It's a good problem for Cook to have of course. If one doesn't work the other is a ready made substitute.

#22 User is offline   Tom Smith 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

We could play Boco and be a bit more cautious obviously with it being a derby game

#23 User is offline   spireite nick 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 29 September 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

I think O'Shea was feeling his way in on Saturday. Was his first start for a month wasnt it? He was probably only 80% full throttle.

I would expect him to be far more lively against the blunts with that under his belt. Just edges out Gardner for me.

Could say the same about Gardner thought couldn't you? He's had a lot less game time than O'Shea recently.

For me the fact that O'Shea has been so impressive coming off the bench yet didn't have a brilliant game last time out means that I'd start Gardner, with a view to bringing Jay on some time in the 2nd half. Having said that, Gardner hasn't started for a while and so might struggle to make an impact from the beginning.

Nice problem to have isn't it!

#24 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

If Morsy plays I think we have a fair chance of getting something from thisgame. If he doesn't then we will struggle. I expect higdon to score.

#25 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 29 September 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

Apart from two clumsy tackles second half Clucas has done ok in the games so far. Gardner looked strong and a handful when he came on. Cooky has problem but whoever he picks will be ok. Morsy and Jones are the ones that need to play.

I thought that Dan was carrying a bit of timber tbh.

#26 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

View Postdjs, on 29 September 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

I thought that Dan was carrying a bit of timber tbh.

This is gonna sound gay but im not sure you can really call that without looking under his shirt.

#27 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 29 September 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

Apart from two clumsy tackles second half Clucas has done ok in the games so far. Gardner looked strong and a handful when he came on. Cooky has problem but whoever he picks will be ok. Morsy and Jones are the ones that need to play.

Surely that's meant to be plus one not a minus one?? Anyhow, it deserves a green so there you go! ;)

View PostSpire-ite, on 29 September 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

I would also like to see Roberts Johnson and Gardner start.
Johnson's performances has had me eating humble pie, which I will gladly continue eating!

Johnson's on another level mate.
#notapennymore

#28 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostJonB, on 29 September 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

Some blunt already started in the office here...crowing now they are above us, our slide down the table has started and they will beat us 8-0 apparently. Very glad he's moved desks recently further away from me!

Funny that Job as that was my prediction as well only the other way around :rolleyes: Seriously folk have been talking about us smashing someone soon and I really think it's going to be Saturday, followed by a very convincing result at Bristol! (that will wake the rest of the division up to us :D )
#notapennymore

#29 User is offline   Paragon of Virtue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

I'd like to see Gardner start and really get at their defence.

#30 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

View PostGoku, on 29 September 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

This is gonna sound gay but im not sure you can really call that without looking under his shirt.

There are gay-er places you could look.

#31 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 29 September 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

I'd be inclined to start O'Shea if it was a toss up between the two. That said I wasn't there at the weekend. I like both of them but O'Shea shades it for his ability to do something unexpected.

I didn't realise Gardner was at that level Tim until he came on and did what he did Saturday.. I'm now seeing him in a totally different light! His link up play with Johnson was something else mate and they both had me... (I'll leave the disgusting explanative's up to Josh :D )

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 29 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

#notapennymore

#32 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

View Postspireite nick, on 29 September 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

Could say the same about Gardner thought couldn't you? He's had a lot less game time than O'Shea recently.

For me the fact that O'Shea has been so impressive coming off the bench yet didn't have a brilliant game last time out means that I'd start Gardner, with a view to bringing Jay on some time in the 2nd half. Having said that, Gardner hasn't started for a while and so might struggle to make an impact from the beginning.

Nice problem to have isn't it!

I'm an O'Shea fan, but that's the way I see it. For me it all depends on how likely Gardner is to last for most of the game if not all of it at the tempo we play. Agree with you my trio would be Gardner, Johnson and Clucas (though I'd prefer Roberts, just that I'm not sure I'd bring him straight back). Will be interesting to see how Cooky sees it and whoever he selects will be more than capable of ripping those cocky blunts apart. We've not had a problem with anyone as yet, so why be concerned about them? I've got a feeling we are going to make them look very ordinary and the atmosphere from three sides of the ground will really show their appreciation. I for one can’t wait for the weekend!
#notapennymore

#33 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 29 September 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

I didn't realise Gardner was at that level Tim until he came on and did what he did Saturday.. I'm now seeing him in a totally different light! His link up play with Johnson was something else mate and they both had me... (I'll leave the disgusting explanative's up to Josh :D )

Gardner surprised me as well, though he still has a nasty habit of standing still for a second or two when he first receives the ball. But his distribution and general running at the defence was outstanding. Question is, is he fit enough for 90 minutes yet.
I wouldn't play O'Shea until we've managed to find a way of stopping the opposition putting dangerous crosses in. Play Boco for his tracking back, alongside Johnson and Roberts is what I'd do.

#34 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 29 September 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

I'm an O'Shea fan, but that's the way I see it. For me it all depends on how likely Gardner is to last for most of the game if not all of it at the tempo we play. Agree with you my trio would be Gardner, Johnson and Clucas (though I'd prefer Roberts, just that I'm not sure I'd bring him straight back). Will be interesting to see how Cooky sees it and whoever he selects will be more than capable of ripping those cocky blunts apart. We've not had a problem with anyone as yet, so why be concerned about them? I've got a feeling we are going to make them look very ordinary silly and the atmosphere from three sides of the ground will really show their appreciation. I for one can’t wait for the weekend!

#35 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:00 PM

Haha, works for me ;)

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 29 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

#notapennymore

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic