Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Spireites V The Blunts - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spireites V The Blunts

#21 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostAndy Spireite, on 29 September 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Sheff Utd do seem to have a habit of scoring late goals and with the Higdon drama this summer, what price for an injury time winner from Higdon?

That said, they are my second most hated team (after Mansfield) so I hope we stuff them.

They do, but I'm not sure that they'll score five late goals, Higdon or not :D
#notapennymore

#22 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

Referee for Saturday is Mark Brown, 5th season as full time ref, booked 5 Town players in 2 games last season and one opposition.

Last year averaged over 2 bookings a game and sending off every 4 games

Possibly a strong ref for a local derby

#23 User is offline   BLUE SINCE 62 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

The Blunts have got defence problems according to Clough, he's trying to get a loan defender in before Saturday.
I hope this is a weakness we can exploit.

#24 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

I don't mind the blunts - you don't that same "massive" arrogance you get from the bowels
A new hope.

#25 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 30 September 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

I don't mind the blunts - you don't that same "massive" arrogance you get from the bowels

To be honest I'm with you there.

#26 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

You do get that woe is us, if it wasnt for that pesky Carlos Tevez we'd still be in the Premier League even though we failed to beat Wigan, lets all march on the FA with Sean Bean, we were shafted etc from them though which is just as annoying!

I suspect i'm in a minority that off the two i prefer Wednesday. They are both as bad as each other in the we're to big for the lower league rubbish they spout...just now the Wednesday fans play up to the we're massive thing to wind up United fans.

This post has been edited by JonB: 30 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

#27 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostJonB, on 30 September 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

You do get that woe is us, if it wasnt for that pesky Carlos Tevez we'd still be in the Premier League even though we failed to beat Wigan, lets all march on the FA with Sean Bean, we were shafted etc from them though which is just as annoying!

I suspect i'm in a minority that off the two i prefer Wednesday. They are both as bad as each other in the we're to big for the lower league rubbish they spout...just now the Wednesday fans play up to the we're massive thing to wind up United fans.

I am with you on this one. I have been to watch the Blades at Bramall Lane a few times over the years, as my father-in-law is a Unitedite. The moaning, the fickleness, the outrage when an opponent does something awful like a strong tackle...it's like being surrounded by thousands of Neil Warnocks. Can't abide it.

#28 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostMr_Pleasant, on 30 September 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

I am with you on this one. I have been to watch the Blades at Bramall Lane a few times over the years, as my father-in-law is a Unitedite. The moaning, the fickleness, the outrage when an opponent does something awful like a strong tackle...it's like being surrounded by thousands of Neil Warnocks. Can't abide it.

The car park protests over the appointment of Danny Wilson then the way they hounded him out whilst 3rd in the league was laughable!

#29 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

http://www.peakfm.co...proact-stadium/

“There will be a significant operation in place both at the ground and other at key locations in the local areas. This will include police dogs, trained to detect pyrotechnic flares and drugs so please be responsible and do not attempt to use these on the day.

“We hope supporters will enjoy the match and we ask that they take personal responsibility for their behaviour and drink alcohol responsibly at all times.

“Any person found to be committing any criminal offences will be dealt with fairly and robustly however a football banning order may be sought.”

#30 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

I see no reason whatsoever for any trouble. Looks like the police will be going out of their way to find some though, and probably as a last result cause some so they can get a 'result' on the day.

#31 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:26 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 30 September 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

“There will be a significant operation in place both at the ground and other at key locations in the local areas. This will include police dogs, trained to detect pyrotechnic flares and drugs so please be responsible and do not attempt to use these on the day.

“We hope supporters will enjoy the match and we ask that they take personal responsibility for their behaviour and drink alcohol responsibly at all times.

“Any person found to be committing any criminal offences will be dealt with fairly and robustly however a football banning order may be sought.”

Phew that has put my mind at rest

No pigs in E1/E2/W7 then?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#32 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

If they intend to behave there's no problem. We'll have their money and bank it.

What I would be quite happy to see would be the bouncers we had before making a return. They were great at slinging folk out.

#33 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 30 September 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

"There will be a significant operation in place both at the ground and other at key locations in the local areas. This will include police dogs, trained to detect pyrotechnic flares and drugs so please be responsible and do not attempt to use these on the day.

"We hope supporters will enjoy the match and we ask that they take personal responsibility for their behaviour and drink alcohol responsibly at all times.

"Any person found to be committing any criminal offences will be dealt with fairly and robustly however a football banning order may be sought."

I would think local plod will be looking to advance up the banning order league table which they seem to covert most highly.

God I hate this league.

#34 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

Do they think they are Policing Glastonbury? Do not attempt to use flares or drugs on the day.....

Will King be playing for Sh8Tfield? he's a crook isn't he?

#35 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

King is long gone from the Blunts isnt he?

#36 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:25 AM

Is he? good.
I actually hope they re-sign the rapist,as hopefully the turmoil will mess up thier season

#37 User is offline   fatfrank 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

View Poststrangler, on 01 October 2014 - 09:16 AM, said:

Do they think they are Policing Glastonbury? Do not attempt to use flares or drugs on the day.....

Will King be playing for Sh8Tfield? he's a crook isn't he?

They released him in Dec 2013 and I think he is in jail at the moment anyway.

#38 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

View Postfatfrank, on 01 October 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

They released him in Dec 2013 and I think he is in jail at the moment anyway.

Currently serving an 18 month sentence for dangerous driving after causing a crash whilst eating an ice cream whilst driving in Nottingham. Tried to appeal to have it suspended so he could visit family in Zambia but they told him to stick it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-29131487

#39 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

Have I missed something.

Although I try to be a Law Abiding citizen, Passion does take the better of me but even for the Mighty Blades, I wouldn't suddenly decide to bring Flares & Drugs into the ground and drink excessive amounts of Lager.

Is this a Cup Final all of a sudden or does somebody suddenly think we are overcome by the expected visit of 2,000 Dee Darrs...

How many flares have we had in 5 years and apart from the Drug related arrests in the Town Centre Pubs 6 hours after a match, how many Drug Busts have we had at the ground......

Let us all pass this Statement on to everyone we know and maybe we could discourage a few more neutral fans into coming to matches and get them thinking this is the norm at Chesterfield FC.

#40 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

A Villa fan got a ban after bringing some form of smoke grenade\flare to the pre season game! I think its just a reminder as much as anything as they are trying to clamp down on the pyrotechnics at games. The rest of it is just taking advantage of the fact there are a lot of folk in one place making it a good place to hit and get a few arrests. Didnt they pile into the Real Ale shop place on Whitt Moor with the drugs dogs before one game recently?

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users