Liverpool at home in the cup

#42 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 28 September 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Yep that game and the Man City game were pretty special on the kop- something about the floodlights at the old place

#43 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostSabreman, on 28 September 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Some people are having a laugh to suggest yesterday was better than anything witnessed at Saltergate other than a couple of games. I have been watching Town since 78 on and off but regularly since about 86 when I left school. I could list hundreds of times saltergate was a fantastic place to be with amazing atmosphere, yesterday was better than it has been because it's been like a morgue but lets not get carried away.

I've been going since the 69/70 season and the two grounds aren't comparable. One was a ground you could stand where you wanted, and all who wanted to sing could migrate together and now we have an all seater ground and many of the new ones are soulless. Ours isn't and when all 3 sides join in it's a cracking atmosphere, not restricted to just behind the goal. Rather than compare the two we should just say we had some cracking nights at Saltergate and now we have one of the better all seater grounds when at times even the flask and blanket brigade get involved. Lets just encourage everyone to join in and build on it. We used to say Saltergate was a fortress and we should try and make the Proact an intimidating place for both teams and fans alike (with noise not fists before anyone says) to visit.

We've had a good star to the season but 2 points from 3 games with two very hard fixtures to come, the team are going to need the 12th man

#44 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostSpired, on 28 September 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

apart from Wrexham in the FA cup quarter final and a couple of other exceptions i cant think of many times Saltergate had an atmosphere like yesterday

and i loved the old ground

The 60s & 70s were great times for me on the kop.The songs and the massive sways were great and will never be beaten.The kop so far this year have been gret especially away from home.We now have 3 or 4 catchy songs which get everyone around the ground joining in either singing or clapping, even Cooky gets carried away urging the fans on,its really enjoyable.Well done kopites.
lindave

#45 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 28 September 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

I've been going since the 69/70 season and the two grounds aren't comparable. One was a ground you could stand where you wanted, and all who wanted to sing could migrate together and now we have an all seater ground and many of the new ones are soulless. Ours isn't and when all 3 sides join in it's a cracking atmosphere, not restricted to just behind the goal. Rather than compare the two we should just say we had some cracking nights at Saltergate and now we have one of the better all seater grounds when at times even the flask and blanket brigade get involved. Lets just encourage everyone to join in and build on it. We used to say Saltergate was a fortress and we should try and make the Proact an intimidating place for both teams and fans alike (with noise not fists before anyone says) to visit.

We've had a good star to the season but 2 points from 3 games with two very hard fixtures to come, the team are going to need the 12th man

I started really watching in 68/69 and I agree then and now is no comparison. 68 to 71 Wrexham and Aston Villa under floodlights were special as was our first season at the Proact. The atmosphere generally changed when the fences were put up and movement around the ground became restrictive. That 69/70 season was special for me, the kop was the best its ever been in my opinion. However what we have got now cannot be compared. As much as I have many fond memories of Saltergate I want to look forward and dream about having a team that continues play in Div 1 and compete for a place in the Championship.
The main improvement of being in the new ground is the steady increase in mums and ladies making up a greater percentage of the attendance. On Saturday there seemed to be a good turnout of young kids having a dayout with their mums and dads. But what as happened to Chester Mouse?
I think some of the atmosphere is down to more people going to away games especially at Orient and Doncaster.
Everbody sits/Stands together to build a group that is not embarrased to chant etc and then they go back to their seats at home and carry on joining in.
If we continue play decent football the atmosphere will get even better. Saturday could be really special if play well and score 3 or 4 goals :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by longeatonspireite: 28 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#46 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 28 September 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

I started really watching in 68/69 and I agree then and now is no comparison. 68 to 71 Wrexham and Aston Villa under floodlights were special as was our first season at the Proact. The atmosphere generally changed when the fences were put up and movement around the ground became restrictive. That 69/70 season was special for me, the kop was the best its ever been in my opinion. However what we have got now cannot be compared. As much as I have many fond memories of Saltergate I want to look forward and dream about having a team that continues play in Div 1 and compete for a place in the Championship.
The main improvement of being in the new ground is the steady increase in mums and ladies making up a greater percentage of the attendance. On Saturday there seemed to be a good turnout of young kids having a dayout with their mums and dads. But what as happened to Chester Mouse?
I think some of the atmosphere is down to more people going to away games especially at Orient and Doncaster.
Everbody sits/Stands together to build a group that is not embarrased to chant etc and then they go back to their seats at home and carry on joining in.
If we continue play decent football the atmosphere will get even better. Saturday could be really special if play well and score 3 or 4 goals :rolleyes:

The Wrexham home match under the floodlights in the 69-70 promotion season had a special atmosphere with nearly 17000 in the ground

Tom Fenoughtys 25 yard special and Ernies overhead kick both at the Kop end had the ground rocking remember it as though it was yesterday

#47 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

View Postwhittman, on 28 September 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

The Wrexham home match under the floodlights in the 69-70 promotion season had a special atmosphere with nearly 17000 in the ground

Tom Fenoughtys 25 yard special and Ernies overhead kick both at the Kop end had the ground rocking remember it as though it was yesterday

Same for me I was stood right in the centre of the kop and couldnt move. It was a very special night.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#48 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 28 September 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Same for me I was stood right in the centre of the kop and couldnt move. It was a very special night.

Anyone else feel for Wrexham in their current position? Always great rivals of ours, came up with us that season. Remember going there a season or two later and winning 3-0. Played them off the parlk.

#49 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 28 September 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Anyone else feel for Wrexham in their current position? Always great rivals of ours, came up with us that season. Remember going there a season or two later and winning 3-0. Played them off the parlk.

No they are Welsh so should be playing in the welsh league anyway

#50 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

Let's not get carried away with the Atmosphere thing.

Last season and the season before a lot of people were pulling the Atmosphere down and the debate about the Kop singing etc. It has been mentioned on other posts about the acoustics of the ground not being brilliant and these were also mentioned at Donny & Scunny by the home fans as not being very good.

So the point someone makes, and I wholeheartedly agree is that the atmosphere on saturday and for the 10 minutes up until the Goal and the just after was one of the best I have fealt as a CFC Supporter.

Nobody is going to deny there have been better games at Saltergate but concidering the new layout and the new fans Saturdays Atmosphere around our Goal was worth giving Credit for. Acknowledged by CFC and by PC.

For 15 minutes all three sides were singing, chanting and clapping in unison and I cannot remember that at Saltergate, well nothing like the site before we scored and I am a Big Saltergate Fan.

Just for once lets give credit where credit is due rather than jump on the famous Bob's Board Boat of you are wrong. The Kop and Singers have always come in for crtiticism but Saturday proved it can be done from any part of the ground.

#51 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 29 September 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

Let's not get carried away with the Atmosphere thing.

Last season and the season before a lot of people were pulling the Atmosphere down and the debate about the Kop singing etc. It has been mentioned on other posts about the acoustics of the ground not being brilliant and these were also mentioned at Donny & Scunny by the home fans as not being very good.

So the point someone makes, and I wholeheartedly agree is that the atmosphere on saturday and for the 10 minutes up until the Goal and the just after was one of the best I have fealt as a CFC Supporter.

Nobody is going to deny there have been better games at Saltergate but concidering the new layout and the new fans Saturdays Atmosphere around our Goal was worth giving Credit for. Acknowledged by CFC and by PC.

For 15 minutes all three sides were singing, chanting and clapping in unison and I cannot remember that at Saltergate, well nothing like the site before we scored and I am a Big Saltergate Fan.

Just for once lets give credit where credit is due rather than jump on the famous Bob's Board Boat of you are wrong. The Kop and Singers have always come in for crtiticism but Saturday proved it can be done from any part of the ground.

I don't even think it was the best atmosphere at the new ground . Rotherham 5-0 and the two title winning matches come easily to mind .
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#52 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 29 September 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

I don't even think it was the best atmosphere at the new ground . Rotherham 5-0 and the two title winning matches come easily to mind .

I thought the Rovrum game from start to finish was a brilliant atmosphere over the 90 minutes. I also believe that for the 15 minutes around our goal on Saturday it was louder and more intense than most of the Rovrum game. For most of this season there is a man sat behind me that thinks Doyle, Morsy, Ryan and Roberts are poor and we have no class in the team. That is his opinion and I ensure he knows mine everytime those player do something special. That is life.

People need to remember that in life people have differing perceptions of incidents and it does not always mean that person is right or wrong, just that they have a differing opinion.

The sooner people on here respect that the sooner BB will gain credability from the critics.

This is not a did at you Jonny but an understanding that people are different. My friend does not understand the concept of Football full stop. He could not think of anything worse to do on a Saturday afternoon (Maybe Fishing) and yet his 7 year old son is Football mad and wants to watch CFC each week.

#53 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

If someone has the opinion that Morsy is 'poor' then they WOULD be wrong.

#54 User is offline   howardb 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 28 September 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Agree 100%. We can all remember games at Saltergate when there was a great atmosphere - and,in my opinion, the vast majority were night matches

At the Proact we are now developing a mood as well as atmosphere. Fans of all ages in all parts of the three sides join in and create a fantastic buzz that makes more fans want to join in and really encourages the players. Atmosphere that gets going in daylight !

As Ernie says it's not that it's better or worse - it's different and fanstastic to be a part of !

#55 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

View Postshaun1866, on 28 September 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

Villa at Saltergate was a goodun as well as Glasgow Rangers
God I hate this league.

#56 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 29 September 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

I thought the Rovrum game from start to finish was a brilliant atmosphere over the 90 minutes. I also believe that for the 15 minutes around our goal on Saturday it was louder and more intense than most of the Rovrum game. For most of this season there is a man sat behind me that thinks Doyle, Morsy, Ryan and Roberts are poor and we have no class in the team. That is his opinion and I ensure he knows mine everytime those player do something special. That is life.

People need to remember that in life people have differing perceptions of incidents and it does not always mean that person is right or wrong, just that they have a differing opinion.

The sooner people on here respect that the sooner BB will gain credability from the critics.

This is not a did at you Jonny but an understanding that people are different. My friend does not understand the concept of Football full stop. He could not think of anything worse to do on a Saturday afternoon (Maybe Fishing) and yet his 7 year old son is Football mad and wants to watch CFC each week.

I agree, there was a definite swell of noise leading up to the equaliser, and you felt the goal was coming. It did seem to tail off a bit after that, but it was great to see/hear.

The players seemed to sense it and respond accordingly.

90 mins of that on Saturday, Sheff U won't stand a chance :)
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#57 User is offline   SatNav21 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

what was the song when we scored the new one? words so i can sing along properly on saturday

#58 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 29 September 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Thanks for pointing out that people are different. I hadn't noticed. As you rightly point out we all have different opinions.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#59 User is offline   spireite_lad 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostSatNav21, on 30 September 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

what was the song when we scored the new one? words so i can sing along properly on saturday

Ye wouldn't mind the words couldn't catch um sat in the north end of the east stand .

#60 User is offline   technium 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 29 September 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

I agree, there was a definite swell of noise leading up to the equaliser, and you felt the goal was coming. It did seem to tail off a bit after that, but it was great to see/hear.

The players seemed to sense it and respond accordingly.

90 mins of that on Saturday, Sheff U won't stand a chance :)

Perhaps if we keep it up, we can regain the reputation the old Saltegate one had . . . . . .
Top Kops
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users