• You cannot reply to this topic

Atmosphere Today

#21 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 27 September 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

I was in the east stand. Have you just arrived from planet tool? Plus I can only assume you didn't go to Saltergate much if that was 100 per cent better than anything you ever experienced there. Atmos was ok today. East stand was fine thanks. I assume you'll get it rocking next week.

ha ha johnny bin going saltergate sin 74 and back in them days was a good atmosphere but the latter years went very quite always bickering/arguing between supporters so then moved onto Compton st

#22 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 27 September 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

My guest was Mel Jackson, the Spirit of Saltergate artist. It was her first football match. As we had been quizzing fans about memories I asked what her main impression had been- it was the atmosphere. As there is every chance her artwork will feature the fans to a great degree I thought this was good. Afterwards she was asking about prices to come back as a paying spectator.

well **** Mel Jackson if she's doing the spirit of saltergate and never been to a match before.

How can she capture the spirit of saltergate?
Every need got an ego to feed

#23 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

View Postbullseyerob, on 27 September 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

ha ha johnny bin going saltergate sin 74 and back in them days was a good atmosphere but the latter years went very quite always bickering/arguing between supporters so then moved onto Compton st

Well surely there was better Atmos at Saltergate from 74 to the end. I know there was mate. We were there.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#24 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 27 September 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Well surely there was better Atmos at Saltergate from 74 to the end. I know there was mate. We were there.

remember standing behing the goal as a 16y/o singing our hearts out for ninety mins but I thought it dropped off towards the end ,crowds started to dwindle,i put it down to other football clubs having new grounds..... am I right thinking we had a hard core of 3000 regulars,at one point we used to guess the crowd between us...then we all used to cheer when main stand got aroused but that today was up a few levels.

#25 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 27 September 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

I don't want to sound negative but if we've got an artist who's never been to a football match being asked to define the spirit of Saltergate then what hope have we got of getting anything credible?

I am not sure that any of the artists qualified were regulars at the Rec. The brief was to work with the Club and supporters to get their opinions about what might best represent our former home and what multimedia can be integrated into it.
Peter Whiteley

#26 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

View Postbullseyerob, on 27 September 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

remember standing behing the goal as a 16y/o singing our hearts out for ninety mins but I thought it dropped off towards the end ,crowds started to dwindle,i put it down to other football clubs having new grounds..... am I right thinking we had a hard core of 3000 regulars,at one point we used to guess the crowd between us...then we all used to cheer when main stand got aroused but that today was up a few levels.

During the latter years, crowds of 5000 drew....oooo's & ahhh's .....5000 now would be met by disgrace!!

#27 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:50 PM

After the goal the noise was immense on the Kop, a point to debate but looking round from row E i noticed the majority of people from Row G upwards were stood for a good 10 minutes and i have never witnessed sound like it.

I actually thought the roof would come off and in my 21 years following Town, the 15 minutes around the time of the goal was the most amazing atmosphere i have ever witnessed!!

#28 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

I was out of breath after the goal. Oh to be 16 again...
Here we go again!

#29 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:59 AM

Was part of the reason the atmosphere was so good today that there is a growing belief that even if we do go behind, we can come back, and that we can really compete at this level?

#30 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:52 AM

View Postdalekpete, on 27 September 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

I am not sure that any of the artists qualified were regulars at the Rec. The brief was to work with the Club and supporters to get their opinions about what might best represent our former home and what multimedia can be integrated into it.

My point is more the fact the artist has never been to a football match and therefore cannot possibly transfer the emotions of a match day into a piece of art, rather than not having been to Saltergate.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#31 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 27 September 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

I was in the east stand. Have you just arrived from planet tool? Plus I can only assume you didn't go to Saltergate much if that was 100 per cent better than anything you ever experienced there. Atmos was ok today. East stand was fine thanks. I assume you'll get it rocking next week.

apart from Wrexham in the FA cup quarter final and a couple of other exceptions i cant think of many times Saltergate had an atmosphere like yesterday

and i loved the old ground

#32 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostSpired, on 28 September 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

apart from Wrexham in the FA cup quarter final and a couple of other exceptions i cant think of many times Saltergate had an atmosphere like yesterday

I can.

#33 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

Some people are having a laugh to suggest yesterday was better than anything witnessed at Saltergate other than a couple of games. I have been watching Town since 78 on and off but regularly since about 86 when I left school. I could list hundreds of times saltergate was a fantastic place to be with amazing atmosphere, yesterday was better than it has been because it's been like a morgue but lets not get carried away.
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#34 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostSabreman, on 28 September 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Some people are having a laugh to suggest yesterday was better than anything witnessed at Saltergate other than a couple of games. I have been watching Town since 78 on and off but regularly since about 86 when I left school. I could list hundreds of times saltergate was a fantastic place to be with amazing atmosphere, yesterday was better than it has been because it's been like a morgue but lets not get carried away.

Spot on.

#35 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostSabreman, on 28 September 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

Agreed.

#36 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostSpired, on 28 September 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Well just of the top of my head (since 1994 when I started), Bournemouth last ever game, all the wins against Premier Clubs in the League cup run(Man City, West Ham, Charlton Draw & loss on pens), Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup run, Luton (Hurst last minute goal to keep us up), the wins against Sheff Stupidname (2003) & Fulham (1999) in the league.
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#37 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 28 September 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Well just of the top of my head (since 1994 when I started), Bournemouth last ever game, all the wins against Premier Clubs in the League cup run(Man City, West Ham, Charlton Draw & loss on pens), Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup run, Luton (Hurst last minute goal to keep us up), the wins against Sheff Stupidname (2003) & Fulham (1999) in the league.

Mansfield,play-off win, 2-1 home win over Exeter 1990,
East stand second class citizen.

#38 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

Man City league cup comes to mind!

#39 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 28 September 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Mansfield,play-off win, 2-1 home win over Exeter 1990,

Unfortunately both before my time (hence the disclaimer!)
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#40 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 28 September 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Unfortunately both before my time (hence the disclaimer!)

Make me feel old why don't ya lol
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users