Below Par.

#1 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:22 PM

We just weren't quite at the races today, unfortunately Notts Cnty got something out of it. They were one of the worst teams I can say I have seen up here this season, but having said that Roy Carroll is still a classy goalkeeper.
The beauty about it is that even though we seemed to be just half a yard behind the ball and wanting to take an extra touch each time we still made the old pro earn his keep today.

Special mention for the match officials today cos they were simply the s****est set I have seen up here for some time.

So to sum up today at the Proact: frustrating.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#2 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:31 PM

Thought we could've had a hatful 2nd half

Another 45 minute performance though
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#3 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Yeah we've got to start coming out the gates quicker and stop conceding first. Although we havnt seen it yet there will be teams in this league who will pick you off at will if your trying to rescue a game from behind and are expanded more than usual. Hopefully the derby atmosphere next week will pump them all up and get them coming out firing.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#4 User is offline   Blue Rodney Fern 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All Football and Cricket in fact most sports

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:50 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 27 September 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

We just weren't quite at the races today, unfortunately Notts Cnty got something out of it. They were one of the worst teams I can say I have seen up here this season, but having said that Roy Carroll is still a classy goalkeeper.
The beauty about it is that even though we seemed to be just half a yard behind the ball and wanting to take an extra touch each time we still made the old pro earn his keep today.

Special mention for the match officials today cos they were simply the s****est set I have seen up here for some time.

I agree totally and on any other day we could have had a hatful and how noble and Cranston were still on the pitch god only knows.

#5 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

I thought that was a cracking entertaining game of footballl
JRID

#6 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 27 September 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

:wacko: Same as most of our games this season.The punters are certainly getting their moneys worth.It took us a while to slip into gear with plenty of attempts on goal firsthalf without actually being on target,incredably their keeper not having to make a save.Halftime came too soon for us and they were pretty relieved that they were still in front.Secondhalf,if it had been a boxing match the ref would have stopped the bout. :blink:
Many a good tune

#7 User is offline   cfcnewton 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostBlueRover52, on 27 September 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

:wacko: Same as most of our games this season.The punters are certainly getting their moneys worth.It took us a while to slip into gear with plenty of attempts on goal firsthalf without actually being on target,incredably their keeper not having to make a save.Halftime came too soon for us and they were pretty relieved that they were still in front.Secondhalf,if it had been a boxing match the ref would have stopped the bout. :blink:

but it still ended 1-1, lets hope for better luck against Sheffield united.

#8 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

Got to say when I first got hold of the fixture list I thought Sept looked an awful month topped off by rolling into October and slamming right into Sheff U. I hope we beat them but they are slowly improving. Be interesting to see how the Bookies call it.

#9 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 27 September 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Got to say when I first got hold of the fixture list I thought Sept looked an awful month topped off by rolling into October and slamming right into Sheff U. I hope we beat them but they are slowly improving. Be interesting to see how the Bookies call it.

and the following game is even harder Bristol city and the last time I went there we lost 4-0 and they weren't as good then

#10 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 27 September 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

I think MK Dons are the best team that we have played so far this season, I doubt Sheff Utd would be a patch on them to be honest.

Be a tough game, any form goes out the window in a local derby....& this a proper local derby! Only 8 miles separates us.

Disappointing thing is that...why is a game like this not chosen for sky coverage???

This post has been edited by Waller is my hero: 27 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

#11 User is offline   1978blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield Fc , Football in general . Music-Oasis , Queen and Pink Floyd. My Family and gardening.

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

View Postbullseyerob, on 27 September 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

and the following game is even harder Bristol city and the last time I went there we lost 4-0 and they weren't as good then

we wasn't as good then either , one thing for sure it won't be 4-0 to Bristol City this time , not unless we suddenly implode!

#12 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

:rolleyes:

View Post1978blue, on 27 September 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

we wasn't as good then either , one thing for sure it won't be 4-0 to Bristol City this time , not unless we suddenly implode!

dunna say that 1978blue remember Gillingham and Plymouth

#13 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

More like 5-4 the way we are playing

#14 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 27 September 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

I came away from today far from frustrated.. I think the concern at the start of the season was would our squad be strong enough?

Well today I saw our side, minus the talisman figures of Morsy and Roberts, Hird out, Jones out, a centre half partnership in its infancy and two stand in full backs (yes, Tendayi is there because of Drew's injury), pretty much batter Notts County second half.

Yes we were unlucky, yes we should have won, and yes the officials were incredibly poor. However, when our scratch side can perform like that, things can only look positive.

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Spireite93 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

View Postmarlons curtains, on 27 September 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

I came away from today far from frustrated.. I think the concern at the start of the season was would our squad be strong enough?

Well today I saw our side, minus the talisman figures of Morsy and Roberts, Hird out, Jones out, a centre half partnership in its infancy and two stand in full backs (yes, Tendayi is there because of Drew's injury), pretty much batter Notts County second half.

Yes we were unlucky, yes we should have won, and yes the officials were incredibly poor. However, when our scratch side can perform like that, things can only look positive.

Completely agree and fingers crossed once these players return and with a bit of work on coming out the traps better were gonna prove a difficult proposition for any side in this league.

I said to a mate of mine last week that provided there is no major upheaval at all (i.e. Cooky being poached) then the Championship is no more than 2-3 years away!

#16 User is offline   spyright 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 27 September 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

I thought it was just me. For someone to describe Notts County as the worst team they've seen at the Proact this season suggests they haven't been to many of our home games. I thought the visitors deserved to be in front at half time but that we won the second half. Unfortunately for us, Carroll was in great form or else we would have taken all three points. However, Tommy also had to make some good saves, so on balance a draw was probably about right. As for the officials, they weren't the worst we've seen. The ref was a little too lenient with them and took a while to find his cards, but he did eventually book 4 (at least I think it was 4) of them.
If nothing acts faster than anadin, why do we buy anadin?

#17 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

View Postspyright, on 29 September 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

I thought it was just me. For someone to describe Notts County as the worst team they've seen at the Proact this season suggests they haven't been to many of our home games. I thought the visitors deserved to be in front at half time but that we won the second half. Unfortunately for us, Carroll was in great form or else we would have taken all three points. However, Tommy also had to make some good saves, so on balance a draw was probably about right. As for the officials, they weren't the worst we've seen. The ref was a little too lenient with them and took a while to find his cards, but he did eventually book 4 (at least I think it was 4) of them.

Weirdly, I thought Rochdale were the worst to visit us so far...& look at them now!!!

#18 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

View Postmarlons curtains, on 27 September 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

:closedeyes: Doesn't matter who starts the Cook ethos is consistent.Our football is solid and when we get the tempo right we are a match for anybody.Yes defensively we are still a bit naive at times and that needs working on but nobody argue with the style and workrate.

View PostWaller is my hero, on 29 September 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Weirdly, I thought Rochdale were the worst to visit us so far...& look at them now!!!

:wacko: Agree with you there,they looked like relegation candidates but Keith Hill has sorted them out. :blink:
Many a good tune

#19 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

View Postspyright, on 29 September 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

We had far, far more clear cut chances than they did. A "fair" result would've been a win for us, not a draw. Not that I'm complaining about drawing, Carroll was incredible but we definitely created more chances.

#20 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

Given that they were the away team, could easily have gone two up, and were still creating chances despite our second half dominance, I think you have to say a draw was fair. They were a bit one-dimensional but all knew their jobs and defended for their lives.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users