Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Quality Of Refereeing - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quality Of Refereeing

#21 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

fact is the ref was poor and made some very strange decisions ie hanball against Tendayi when the ball was clearly out and he was stood a foot back of the line???
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#22 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 16 August 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Of course he should have booked him.
I suggest you read the laws of the game

I'll make it easy for you:-

Disciplinary sanctions
There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:
• deliberately handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession
• attempts to score a goal by deliberately handling the ball
A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

Most people seem to believe what idiots in the media say about the laws of the game

File this one with the much quoted 'Last man' rule that does not exist!

#23 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

I thought the ref did ok! 99%of his decisions were correctIn my view. He was trying to let the game flow. Only dodgy one was the disallowed pen that Roberts was involved in. Better ref than a lot we had last season.

#24 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 16 August 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

fact is the ref was poor and made some very strange decisions ie hanball against Tendayi when the ball was clearly out and he was stood a foot back of the line???

clutching at straws there the linesman gave that

#25 User is offline   Spireite82 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:17 PM

Disciplinary sanctions
There are circumstances when a caution for unsporting behaviour is required when a player deliberately handles the ball, e.g. when a player:
A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

Please don't patronise me. Like I've said, in my opinion, he prevented a clear goalscoring opportunity; ergo, a red card. I know the rules of football. I appreciate everyone had their own opinion though. I just thought it was a clear goalscoring opportunity. I also think we made some poor decisions throughout the game but hey, we won!

#26 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

Disciplinary sanctions

I take it you weren't at the game. If you had been you would have seen their defender comprehensively outpaced, the keeper came rushing out, totally misjudged it and would have left a simple tap in to an unguarded goal had he not deliberately handled the ball. If that is not a clear goal scoring opportunity I don't know what is!

#27 User is offline   Jbspire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Beelzebub said:

1408209867[/url]' post='1031398']
I take it you weren't at the game. If you had been you would have seen their defender comprehensively outpaced, the keeper came rushing out, totally misjudged it and would have left a simple tap in to an unguarded goal had he not deliberately handled the ball. If that is not a clear goal scoring opportunity I don't know what is!

On a different note, what happened to dema reborn? He loved refs!

#28 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostSpireite82, on 16 August 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

If the goalkeeper comes rushing out if his box because an attacker is clear and 1:1 and attempts to head the ball, misses the ball and handles it (IMO that us what happened) then it does have to be red card. If it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity, he shouldn't have booked him
In my opinion. Let's be honest, he took an eternity to decide and bottled it...the penalty wasnnt his only poor decision. He also had an immensely long 10 yard stride!

and his watch was slow
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#29 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostCartman, on 16 August 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

What planet am I on?

Errrrr.......

Just pointing out something that most appear unaware of, handball outside the box is not an automatic red card, depends on the circumstances

some just think if goalie handballs outside box ref has to give a red

not the case

10 yards out of the box not accidental l are u a doom and gloom merchant! This board and its miserable posters beats me sumtime! In cookie we trust!
#notapennymore

#30 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 16 August 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

10 yards out of the box not accidental l are u a doom and gloom merchant! This board and its miserable posters beats me sumtime! In cookie we trust!

How simple do you want me to make this? I am not commenting on todays incident, I am correcting what appears to be a common misconception amongst football fans that if a goalkeeper handles outside the box he must be sent off! Same as the last man rule the media invented and now everyone believes!

#31 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

View Posthilly81, on 16 August 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Calm down Cupcake!

dont call me cupcake lol!! Keeper 6 feet out the box not deliberate?????

View PostCartman, on 16 August 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

How simple do you want me to make this? I am not commenting on todays incident, I am correcting what appears to be a common misconception amongst football fans that if a goalkeeper handles outside the box he must be sent off! Same as the last man rule the media invented and now everyone believes!

I read your posts ur a doom and gloom merchant! Lighten up we actually won and desevrd it today!!
#notapennymore

#32 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostJbspire, on 16 August 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

On a different note, what happened to dema reborn? He loved refs!

Doesn't contribute much these days

This post has been edited by djs: 16 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

#33 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Can you envisage any situation where a keeper rushing out of his area and punching the ball away from an on rushing striker wouldn't deny a clear goal scoring opportunity? I'm struggling to think of one - perhaps if he did it by the corner flag - but why do it unless it's absolutely necessary - and that would surely only ever be the case if it was to stop a goal

Can you envisage any situation where a keeper rushing out of his area and punching the ball away from an on rushing striker wouldn't deny a clear goal scoring opportunity? I'm struggling to think of one - perhaps if he did it by the corner flag - but why do it unless it's absolutely necessary - and that would surely only ever be the case if it was to stop a goal

#34 User is offline   fatfrank 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 16 August 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

I read your posts ur a doom and gloom merchant! Lighten up we actually won and desevrd it today!!

Nobody is saying it wasn't deliberate the rule is it's a sending of if he prevents a goal scoring opportunity which in my opinion he did so it should have been a sending off, I also think the ref was influenced by the fact that their No1 keeper had already gone of injured so they had no cover on the bench.

#35 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

when have I said it was not deliberate?

doom and gloom merchant am I?

that's different

#36 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:05 PM

View Postfatfrank, on 16 August 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

Nobody is saying it wasn't deliberate the rule is it's a sending of if he prevents a goal scoring opportunity which in my opinion he did so it should have been a sending off, I also think the ref was influenced by the fact that their No1 keeper had already gone of injured so they had no cover on the bench.

agree if the keeper hadnt done that wud of been a goal scoring chance! Didnt red card him cos he just came on all 3 subs used and wud have gone down to 10 men with an out field player in goal! Weak reffing that thankfully didnt cost ua points!!

View PostCartman, on 16 August 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

when have I said it was not deliberate?

doom and gloom merchant am I?

that's different

Yeh doom and gloom we have won a game lol
#notapennymore

#37 User is offline   Zeus 

• Hellenic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Σπαΐραïτς

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Cartman's been criticised for being too positive recently. You're wide of the mark.
@MancSpireites

#38 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 16 August 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Handball is never a red card unless a clear goal scoring opportunity is stopped.

Blimey doesn't everyone know this?

How people can watch football without even a basic knowledge of the rules..........

:unsure: True.But the ref seemed at a loss at what the situation was.Took him a long time to take any action.Said at the time that though we'd get the next penalty appeal because there was some doubt he'd made the correct decision. :blush:
Many a good tune

#39 User is offline   Jbspire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

The 4th official was quality Posted Image

#40 User is offline   SixYardBox 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

View PostBeelzebub, on 16 August 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

'A simple tap in to an unguarded goal' Don't forget it was outside the box, its very rare Town players have an attempt on goal unless they've had half a dozen touches inside the six yard box so I'd give the ref the benefit of the doubt on that one, maybe he's seen us play before today? Quite obviously he took a deal of time to make up his mind, it was quite comical how he picked up the ball and ran away with all the players bar their keeper chasing after him, their keeper ran in the other direction!

This post has been edited by SixYardBox: 16 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users