• You cannot reply to this topic

Fylde Match

#141 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:41 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 26 January 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

It'll be interesting to see if Notts adopt the same tactics with the ref being under the scrutiny of the cameras and having to apply the laws of the game rather than the laws suggested by the technical??? area. It could be a challenge for the Notts coaching staff to come up with something legalish to counter Dentons size.

My sympathy is with Denton. He looked on his best behaviour yesterday and took everything that was dished out without any of his usual attempts to fight back with similar tactics. As a result he was ineffective. Problem is, with refs of the quality of yesterday, if he fights fire with fire he's invariably the one who gets whistled up. There seems to be an attitude in among refs in this league that he bigger the bloke, the more you can foul him, but the rules are there to protect payers of all sizes and abilities.
He got a very raw deal yesterday, but it might have been better to have pulled him off instead of Boden, since the ref was going to ignore fouls on him. Bit of a sod when you have to suit tactics to the ref, but it's where we are.

On a different tack, I thought we should have brought Cropper into the game more. He was putting in some excellent crosses, and failing that all he had to do was win throw ins and we were into their box. Maybe we've forgotten how to use the wings?

#142 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:51 PM

View Posth again, on 26 January 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

My sympathy is with Denton. He looked on his best behaviour yesterday and took everything that was dished out without any of his usual attempts to fight back with similar tactics. As a result he was ineffective. Problem is, with refs of the quality of yesterday, if he fights fire with fire he's invariably the one who gets whistled up. There seems to be an attitude in among refs in this league that he bigger the bloke, the more you can foul him, but the rules are there to protect payers of all sizes and abilities.
He got a very raw deal yesterday, but it might have been better to have pulled him off instead of Boden, since the ref was going to ignore fouls on him. Bit of a sod when you have to suit tactics to the ref, but it's where we are.

On a different tack, I thought we should have brought Cropper into the game more. He was putting in some excellent crosses, and failing that all he had to do was win throw ins and we were into their box. Maybe we've forgotten how to use the wings?

Denton's defensive roll was why he wasn't substituted as you suggest. Same last week at Eastleigh.
God I hate this league.

#143 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 26 January 2020 - 11:51 AM, said:

He was blowing every time their number 27 was on the ball

Well the number 27 did have a cunning manoeuvre, of just running straight past him.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#144 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:57 PM

On about officials did anyone else see their throw in in the second half down by the Kop, East stand corner were their player stood both feet fully on the pitch to take a quick throw and threw the ball to his team mate. The linesman was looking right towards it and did nothing. Ridiculous!
East stand second class citizen.

#145 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:16 PM

Agree with Dims post earlier that they certainly didn't look like a bottom four side and the way the game was going in the last 20 mins I was quite happy with a draw. Still a long way to go with lots of nail biting along the way and maybe even the future of the club in its current professional guise at risk, but 2 wins and a draw from the first 3 games post Sheridan , 7pts from 9, is something that was unthinkable just over three short weeks away!
East stand second class citizen.

#146 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:17 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 26 January 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

On about officials did anyone else see their throw in in the second half down by the Kop, East stand corner were their player stood both feet fully on the pitch to take a quick throw and threw the ball to his team mate. The linesman was looking right towards it and did nothing. Ridiculous!

For ridiculous you should have been observing the one on the west stand side. Clearly sees a hand ball by Boden in his eye line, then in the same eye line conveniently fails to see the attempted extraction of Dentons shirt within the penalty area. But for lack of bottle the skirmish between Denton and ??, the lino was under presuure when the ref stopped the game as it was down to Him to inform the ref of the shenanigans and with the lack of action suggests he had his eyes conveniently closed again. So how did they decide how to restart the game without one of the protagonists being guilty party and warranting further action.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#147 User is offline   HoneyTrippa 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:27 PM

IMO there were 3 very promising positives from yesterdays game.

1. Cropper gives us something extra on the right wing with his speed and skill not forgetting his throw ins which add an extra dimension. In the first half he looked menacing and a handful for defences in this League.

2. Tyson looked fast sharp and skilful when he came on for Boden. He will be a handy back up in the front three. And finally

3. Jalal was amazing in the nets again and kept us in the game. MoM again without a shadow of a doubt.

Hopefully we can build on the new players performances and integrate them into the team. successfully. 7pts from 9pts in 3 games. I think we would all settle for that until the end of the season.

There aint no Soul left in these old shoes... since you've been gone

#148 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:01 PM

View PostHoneyTrippa, on 26 January 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

IMO there were 3 very promising positives from yesterdays game.

1. Cropper gives us something extra on the right wing with his speed and skill not forgetting his throw ins which add an extra dimension. In the first half he looked menacing and a handful for defences in this League.

2. Tyson looked fast sharp and skilful when he came on for Boden. He will be a handy back up in the front three. And finally

3. Jalal was amazing in the nets again and kept us in the game. MoM again without a shadow of a doubt.

Hopefully we can build on the new players performances and integrate them into the team. successfully. 7pts from 9pts in 3 games. I think we would all settle for that until the end of the season.

I tend to agree that Cropper looks promising but -

1. In the second half, when I could see more of him, I did feel he cut inside too many times and never beat his man on the outside.

2. I would have loved to have seen his quick long throw down field to get Tyson away but I didn't.

3. He got more crosses in in the first half than the second which suggests he was either tired or been sussed out.

Promising but I probably expected a bit more.

#149 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:52 PM

Is Rowley injured or has he just been dropped completely?

#150 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:53 PM

View PostFit as a Nelson, on 26 January 2020 - 04:52 PM, said:

Is Rowley injured or has he just been dropped completely?

Played at Staveley, in his best position, centre of midfield, running at them at pace and looked good (yes a lesser standard) and more confident. He was mainly beaten by the pitch though.
Finding confidence and playing him in his best position will be a big thing for Joe.

This post has been edited by clarevoyant.: 27 January 2020 - 02:56 PM

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#151 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 27 January 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

Played at Staveley, in his best position, centre of midfield, running at them at pace and looked good (yes a lesser standard) and more confident. He was mainly beaten by the pitch though.
Finding confidence and playing him in his best position will be a big thing for Joe.

He hasn’t got any pace to run at anyone with lol.
The last 3 games he hasn’t featured we haven’t lost in. Leave him where he it’s like playing with 10 men and a passenger. I hope the new manager’s view is the same. If you’re in a battle you need fighters.

#152 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 27 January 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

He hasn’t got any pace to run at anyone with lol.
The last 3 games he hasn’t featured we haven’t lost in. Leave him where he it’s like playing with 10 men and a passenger. I hope the new manager’s view is the same. If you’re in a battle you need fighters.

Agree with what you say from the 2nd paragraph onwards, but put him in his best position and with a better man manager also providing clear guidance we may see a difference.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#153 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:20 PM

Didn't work with Mandeville. He is a disappointment.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#154 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 27 January 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

Agree with what you say from the 2nd paragraph onwards, but put him in his best position and with a better man manager also providing clear guidance we may see a difference.

He will still be slow, still won’t be able to tackle and will still pass backwards. Most of the teams in this league, whilst not having the most gifted of players, all have players who pick the ball up and just run from midfield at the opposition.

#155 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 26 January 2020 - 01:17 PM, said:

For ridiculous you should have been observing the one on the west stand side. Clearly sees a hand ball by Boden in his eye line, then in the same eye line conveniently fails to see the attempted extraction of Dentons shirt within the penalty area. But for lack of bottle the skirmish between Denton and ??, the lino was under presuure when the ref stopped the game as it was down to Him to inform the ref of the shenanigans and with the lack of action suggests he had his eyes conveniently closed again. So how did they decide how to restart the game without one of the protagonists being guilty party and warranting further action.

The ?? was Lewis Montrose the player who was going to sign for us last season at Saltergate then changed his mind so we ripped up the contract

#156 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 27 January 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

He will still be slow, still won’t be able to tackle and will still pass backwards. Most of the teams in this league, whilst not having the most gifted of players, all have players who pick the ball up and just run from midfield at the opposition.

I assume you are relating to Mandeville there Ernie - on Saturday was slow, didn't tackle, passed backwards or to nobody or to their first man. I'd add never ran at there defence either.

Not sure that Rowley would have done any worse than that if given the role Mandeville had as opposed to being stuck out wide.

#157 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:50 PM

View Postdtp, on 27 January 2020 - 05:45 PM, said:

I assume you are relating to Mandeville there Ernie - on Saturday was slow, didn't tackle, passed backwards or to nobody or to their first man. I'd add never ran at there defence either.

Not sure that Rowley would have done any worse than that if given the role Mandeville had as opposed to being stuck out wide.

Both lightweight players who nesh out of tackles. We need strong fast players for midfield.

#158 User is online   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:07 PM

View Postdtp, on 27 January 2020 - 05:45 PM, said:

not much of a ringing endorsement for Rowley.
we need players that will do better not would have done any worse.
Mandeville has been disappointing this season, Rowley has been disappointing for the last 3 or 4.
don't think either has a future at town.

#159 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 27 January 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

Mandeville has been disappointing this season, Rowley has been disappointing for the last 3 or 4.

Agreed, the only chance they have is if we get relegated, we may then have found their level, if we stay up.. We need rid of both
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#160 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:40 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 27 January 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

The differences are that -

1. Mandeville is on a bigger wedge than Rowley.
2. Mandeville is older than Rowley who is still only 20.
3. Mandeville has been played in his preferred position - a round peg in a round hole - whilst Rowley has been messed about a bit like Smith - a square peg in a round hole.

When Caldwell was manager Rowley was played central midfield and he won man of the match awards and it was thought he might blossom into a decent player. When Allen was manager he introduced Rowley into central midfield where he won man of the match awards and played well enough to be made team captain. So, now Pemberton is manager will he get a chance to play central midfield - a round peg in a round hole?

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users