Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Financial Statements - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Financial Statements

#21 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:02 PM

Vultures picking at the bones
A new hope.

#22 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:44 PM

Some nice graphs that show the disaster in clear terms from Keiron Maguire although he is struggling to comprehend the press release , like many of us

https://twitter.com/...090650630279176

The income on is quite startling but the wages - I assume this includes everyone at the club and not at the club in the case of all the sacked staff

This post has been edited by azul: 22 January 2020 - 10:50 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#23 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:48 PM

So basically when season ticket prices came out last year with big hikes we were told it's cause we had to pay our way cause the club needed to cut its cloth and act sensibly with money, but now they've just openly admitted they were gambling on a return to the football league on a budget quite clearly not sustainable if it didn't happen, so once again the fans are the ones having to fund the complete ineptitude of a board who have absolutely no idea how to run a business. Thats why a lot of people chose not to throw their money into the black hole that is the clubs finances.

Please will somebody come forward with a legitimate offer for this club and get rid of these leaches who are nearly done sucking the life out of it. We don't have long left otherwise.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#24 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:53 AM

azul said:

1579733051[/url]' post='1504902']
Some nice graphs that show the disaster in clear terms from Keiron Maguire although he is struggling to comprehend the press release , like many of us

The income on is quite startling but the wages - I assume this includes everyone at the club and not at the club in the case of all the sacked staff

The income is almost the same as the first season at the pro act.......but my word, going from a £20k loss to a £1,800,000 loss is some achievement. You have to hand it to Ashley, he’s done sterling work.
A new hope.

#25 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:02 AM

View PostDEATH, on 23 January 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

The income is almost the same as the first season at the pro act.......but my word, going from a £20k loss to a £1,800,000 loss is some achievement. You have to hand it to Ashley, he’s done sterling work.

Anecdotally, whilst scanning t'internet to find out the exact date of Carson's 10th anniversary I came across this..

https://www.sheffiel...field/#comments

not my personal views of course.

This post has been edited by dim view: 23 January 2020 - 11:06 AM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#26 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

View PostDEATH, on 23 January 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

Are you sure the turnover for 2010/11 was under £3M?

Edit
Just checked turnover was just under £6M for that financial year, loss was just over £20K

This post has been edited by azul: 23 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#27 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

https://s3.eu-west-2...24bdc005e8325ef
A new hope.

#28 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:59 AM

View Postazul, on 22 January 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

https://twitter.com/...0279176/photo/3

https://twitter.com/...6065411/photo/1

Crazy

This post has been edited by CFC91: 23 January 2020 - 12:00 PM

#29 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:12 PM

Personally I’ve got a feeling we’re paying way over the odds for a certain persons input. We wouldn’t do that would we? 🙄👀
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#30 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 12:43 PM

1.8 million, got through a fair few washing machines to I bet ?

Hoare (400)

#31 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:15 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 22 January 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

If, and it's a big IF, we manage to come through this absolute disgrace of a club collapse, then there are certain people who must NEVER, EVER be allowed anywhere near the interior corridors again. Pay for their tickets on a game for game basis but not have anything else to do with the rejuvenated club again

Well let's be clear that unless we learn otherwise nothing illegal's happened here.

However immoral is an entirely different issue.

Infact stepping over the idea of someone touted as some sort of benefactor profiting whilst the Club slowly dies, I don't think folk can be blamed for seeing parallels with the Turner thing.

Two directors of two separate businesses (though we now know the truth in terms of Sutcliffe's shambles to which Coe described himself a 'partner') invoicing CFC at the same time as occupying positions at CFC?

Leading to legitimate conflict of interest accusations in terms of the ex CEO.

Again nothing illegal's been alleged.

But let there be no more talk of 'lessons being learned', 'drawing lines under the past' or in any way 'forgiving and forgetting' given how history has a habit of repeating itself at Town...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 23 January 2020 - 04:24 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#32 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:25 PM

View PostBlue5, on 22 January 2020 - 07:37 PM, said:

Here is one for Roman Numerals:

The Company entered into transactions during the year with an associate director of the club who is not a statutory director of the Company. Sales to this individual or to companies controlled by him totalled £14,168 (2018: £13,678) with a balance outstanding to the Company at the year end of £150 (2018: £60). In addition, the Company made purchases from the associate director or companies controlled by him totalling £58,122 (2018: £53,654) with a balance payable outstanding at the year end by the Company of £6,570 (2018: £13,255).

It's a miracle how you get advanced sight of this.

As a means of trying to fully understand Chris's posts further down, I'm going to try and interpret this in English..

I think what it says is that Steve C has put £14k into CFC coffers, presumably on sponsoring the lounge etc; and has taken out £58k, presumably for providing IT services and maybe other things like, guessing, office space and lodgings.

I'm struggling to see how this may be construed as unreasonable - One IT support man for 1 year. What am I missing?
Are we saying he should forego the payment because of club circumstances? - he's presumably got a mortgage to pay.

#33 User is offline   Jack Lester's Cast 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 22 January 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

For waste disposal tips, I'd just ask Liam Sutcliffe how to lose a laptop...

Wasn't it Coercive that was called to lose this laptop or not?

#34 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:25 PM

View PostJack Lester, on 23 January 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

Wasn't it Coercive that was called to lose this laptop or not?

Or was it Nicked ?

#35 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:23 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

Anecdotally, whilst scanning t'internet to find out the exact date of Carson's 10th anniversary I came across this..

https://www.sheffiel...field/#comments

not my personal views of course.

I think I’ve read that before. It took 10 years ultimately but many of them weren’t far off.

#36 User is offline   Oh Wade Falana 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:58 PM

View PostHoare (400), on 23 January 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

1.8 million, got through a fair few washing machines to I bet ?

Don't launder such dirty washing in public!

Hoare (400)

Gut Busters on Tour

Real Ale Madrid

#37 User is offline   Oh Wade Falana 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:02 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

As a means of trying to fully understand Chris's posts further down, I'm going to try and interpret this in English..

I think what it says is that Steve C has put £14k into CFC coffers, presumably on sponsoring the lounge etc; and has taken out £58k, presumably for providing IT services and maybe other things like, guessing, office space and lodgings.

I'm struggling to see how this may be construed as unreasonable - One IT support man for 1 year. What am I missing?
Are we saying he should forego the payment because of club circumstances? - he's presumably got a mortgage to pay.

Getting an unadvertised AD role without having to go through any application process (which seriously peed off folks like Karen Childs and co. who were part of the selection committee for the advertised posts). That on its own raised alarm bells.
Gut Busters on Tour

Real Ale Madrid

#38 User is offline   SpireiTed 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

The accounts are a car crash with DA as the driver, how much longer will he keep paying to put the wheels back on? If the Trust can't get the funding for the takeover and nobody else steps in, DA would be faced with shutting the doors or funding another season with losses of approx £2m. If this is the case, I can see DA gifting the ground to the community, and drawing a line under his involvement, rather than fund another £2m loss - then I wake up!

#39 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2020 - 09:46 AM

View PostSpireiTed, on 25 January 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

The accounts are a car crash with DA as the driver, how much longer will he keep paying to put the wheels back on?

The accounts say he's agreed to provide funds for at least 12 months from the date they were signed off (that's the end of December) unless he sells before then.
Carson's masterplan meantime is to run the club properly on a realistic budget from now on.

#40 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:02 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

Does a business the size of CFC require full time IT support staff? That’s what they are paying for it it’s 50k plus.
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users