Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Heard Anything More Ridiculous? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heard Anything More Ridiculous? Closed for business

#61 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:04 PM

dart in the crossbar said:

1579809445[/url]' post='1505083']
looks like we agree on this - blimey!

I love you really. Just don’t mention the B word(S)
A new hope.

#62 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:09 PM

dart in the crossbar said:

1579809660[/url]' post='[url="tel:<a href="tel:1505088">1505088</a>"]1505088[/url]']
If it was my shop and my profits and I was there, I'd be opening up and you'd be buying whatever you wanted my friend.

Owners insisting on customer service - bad business don’t, good successful businesses do.

It’s the culture at the club that’s really in spot light here, not the fact someone couldn’t buy a ticket.

It’s exactly,stuff like this, and the stuff that Zorro talked about as revenue streams to exploited, that clearly highlights the endemic reasons why CFC lost £1,800,000

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>“Sorry the ticket office is closed, and I don’t have access to a PC. But give me a minute, I will get someone who has access, and they could go online and allow you to purchase one online and we can print it or you could print it from an email when get home. Might take a few minutes, is that OK?”</div>

This post has been edited by DEATH: 23 January 2020 - 08:12 PM

A new hope.

#63 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:13 AM

View PostDEATH, on 23 January 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

Funny you should say that, I’ve bought a gift voucher before for a restaurant as a birthday gift, went in as I saw the lights on when they were closed. And guess what, they were helpful, gave me the gift voucher and took my cash. For an all you can eat buffet it’s decent, I’d recommend it.

Was Gerrard pleased with his birhday present?
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#64 User is offline   PontePete 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

View Postborn in 1866, on 24 January 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

Was Gerrard pleased with his birhday present?

😂😂
Hater of all things Scab!

#65 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:46 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 January 2020 - 07:56 PM, said:

It’s not unnatural to expect there to be someone available to sell tickets for a football match at a professional football club during normal working hours.

No it isn't,however their "normal working hours" are 9-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and matchday Saturdays and midweek evenings.

#66 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:57 AM

View PostDEATH, on 23 January 2020 - 08:09 PM, said:

Owners insisting on customer service - bad business don’t, good successful businesses do.

It’s the culture at the club that’s really in spot light here, not the fact someone couldn’t buy a ticket.

It’s exactly,stuff like this, and the stuff that Zorro talked about as revenue streams to exploited, that clearly highlights the endemic reasons why CFC lost £1,800,000

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>“Sorry the ticket office is closed, and I don’t have access to a PC. But give me a minute, I will get someone who has access, and they could go online and allow you to purchase one online and we can print it or you could print it from an email when get home. Might take a few minutes, is that OK?”</div>

They are closed on a Wednesday, the people that can use the system do not work on a Wednesday.
The club ticket system and the online ticket system are 2 different entities. The club ticket system doesn't require an account to be set up for every single person to use, but it does require a ticket printer to print out the ticket, because that is how it is set up. The online ticket system requires someone to register an account and have their own username and password to use it and then print out their own ticket using a printer.
You can't do the same thing with both systems and it's not fair to ask a volunteer working for the trust or someone who is employed in the cafe to be responsible for people's card details. It's different using the ticket system/cafe etc as that is linked to the card machine and someone doesn't have to even touch the card, you're asking them to set up an account online in someone else's name and have to actually enter their card details manually etc. And again you're ignoring people wanting to pay in cash, should they have a float just incase someone comes to buy a ticket? Where is that kept, on the hub reception desk??
Look I'm not saying it's right that the club is closed on a Wednesday, but it isn't as straight forward as anyone can log into a ticket computer and print out a ticket and it is certainly not something that should be getting done by the trust's staff either paid or voluntary as it blurs too many lines and is certainly more complicated than you are suggesting.

#67 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:28 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 23 January 2020 - 08:01 PM, said:

If it was my shop and my profits and I was there, I'd be opening up and you'd be buying whatever you wanted my friend.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't own a shop mate.

But even if you did. it's been explained it's not a transaction that could have been made at the time. Maybe when the numbers justify it, the shop'll be open all week, but let's be honest, most folk are at work etc. And i'm guessing it's not been a mad rush for walk ups so far this year, and now there's no takeover in the immediate future, no sign of that changing.

This post has been edited by KevinHasLeftTheBuilding: 24 January 2020 - 01:38 PM

#68 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

This thread is a classic example of why I took a long break from reading this board. A group of adults arguing that they should be entitled to buy something at a time they aren’t entitled to buy something. It’s even worse than Facebook.

#69 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:08 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 24 January 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

This thread is a classic example of why I took a long break from reading this board. A group of adults arguing that they should be entitled to buy something at a time they aren’t entitled to buy something. It’s even worse than Facebook.

And the most pious post of the day award goes to...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#70 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:52 PM

View PostKevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 24 January 2020 - 01:28 PM, said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't own a shop mate.

But even if you did. it's been explained it's not a transaction that could have been made at the time. Maybe when the numbers justify it, the shop'll be open all week, but let's be honest, most folk are at work etc. And i'm guessing it's not been a mad rush for walk ups so far this year, and now there's no takeover in the immediate future, no sign of that changing.

As you say, the club only lost out on a few ticket sales. What's all the fuss about? After all the punters who couldn't even be bothered to check whether the club would sell them tickets... well they could have driven to Mansfield or Sheffield if they were that bothered about going to a football match after all.

I think that you are missing the point that several posters, including myself are making about customer service.

#71 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:01 PM

To be fair Trev, you could tread in dog Bunkum and still find a positive.

#72 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:26 AM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 24 January 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

To be fair Trev, you could tread in dog Bunkum and still find a positive.

“Could’ve been a land mine 😊”

#73 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 25 January 2020 - 08:25 AM

It's absolutely nothing to do with 'entitlement'.

#74 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:43 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 25 January 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

It's absolutely nothing to do with 'entitlement'.

Correct, it's about Directors' commitment to Customer Care. Take any non ideal situation at CFC. Which directors would own and resolve it?. The Chuckle Brothers are too mardy, have sacked the CEO, and in any case are incapable. The Chairman lives in York.
That leaves Crooty and his resources.

At Port Vale, from where I get lots of feedback having a good mate who is a fanatic, this particular problem is the type of thing that would have been a problem for years under their previous owner, and resolved in seconds by the new ones.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#75 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:39 PM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 24 January 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

As you say, the club only lost out on a few ticket sales. What's all the fuss about? After all the punters who couldn't even be bothered to check whether the club would sell them tickets... well they could have driven to Mansfield or Sheffield if they were that bothered about going to a football match after all.

I think that you are missing the point that several posters, including myself are making about customer service.

And as I suspected, you clearly don't own a shop!

Seriously though, the club is on its erse. Volunteers staffing the ticket office and so on. I've no doubt new owners will come up with better solutions, or have more willing volunteers. But the faux outrage over something so petty is really ott. Especially from the people who have insisted on their Saturday dose of footy, and have kept the bloke who makes these decisions at the club with their patronage.

This post has been edited by KevinHasLeftTheBuilding: 25 January 2020 - 01:50 PM

#76 User is offline   SpireiTed 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 January 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

Correct, it's about Directors' commitment to Customer Care. Take any non ideal situation at CFC. Which directors would own and resolve it?. The Chuckle Brothers are too mardy, have sacked the CEO, and in any case are incapable. The Chairman lives in York.

At Port Vale, from where I get lots of feedback having a good mate who is a fanatic, this particular problem is the type of thing that would have been a problem for years under their previous owner, and resolved in seconds by the new ones.

Spot on DV. This is just another example of the general malaise around the club. When we were at Saltergate i remember Barrie Hubbard used to help on the reception selling tickets when they were busy, nobody has that kind of commitment now. That's the difference between having an owner who loves the club and one who just looks at it as a business venture.

#77 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:04 PM

View Postdim view, on 25 January 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

100% correct.

What’s just as shocking is the lengths some have gone to in defending it
A new hope.

#78 User is offline   s43spire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:30 AM

View PostSpireiTed, on 25 January 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

Spot on DV. This is just another example of the general malaise around the club. When we were at Saltergate i remember Barrie Hubbard used to help on the reception selling tickets when they were busy, nobody has that kind of commitment now. That's the difference between having an owner who loves the club and one who just looks at it as a business venture.

Not trying to side with either but to put a couple of things you say into perspective it’s not like Barry was selling tickets all the time probably 97 fa cup time and that’s it
The people Quing mainly had cash in there hand not credit cards like they do now in the ticket office there were piles of preprinted tickets no computers to operate they didn’t have barcodes etc for turnstiles no data to breach with personal details the girls in the office took the money handed you your tickets and the jobs a fish
Oh and we’re a non league club now so the girls in the ticket office have probably been made redundant the jobs part time and whoever is doing it now probably has 3 or 4 job titles
Things have moved on and some cases not for the better

#79 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:29 AM

What’s just as shocking is the lengths some have gone to in defending it
[/quote]

Let’s be honest if someone had gone to sell the tickets somebody else would complain about the phone then not being answered 😂

#80 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:00 AM

View PostSpireiTed, on 25 January 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

spot on post for all his faults Barrie Hubbard had the club at heart

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users