Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Heard Anything More Ridiculous? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heard Anything More Ridiculous? Closed for business

#41 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

View Posth again, on 23 January 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

No selling tickets on a Wednesday will have to become no interface with customers all week, and the Proact closed apart from back office staff, if any.
There'll be some grumbles then all right, but what's the alternative?

Think it’s safe to say you’re not a businessman

“Yes, lets shut off every avenue we possibly can to earn money, we’ll be breaking even in no time”

This post has been edited by Goku: 23 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

#42 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

View Posth again, on 23 January 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

These kind of threads always floor me. Everybody is willing the ends whilst not being prepared to accept the means.

For the club to come down to some attempt at breaking even from the currently disastrous losses there's going to have to be a complete re-think of the entire staffing levels, and the whole business run on an absolute shoestring. No selling tickets on a Wednesday will have to become no interface with customers all week, and the Proact closed apart from back office staff, if any.
There'll be some grumbles then all right, but what's the alternative? Somehow the books have to get a lot nearer to balance.

The alternative - probably stop hiring s*** managers and players and take it from there

#43 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:47 PM

Don't rise to the troll's haughty scorn.

Folk've spent years warning where incompetence and scandals and player exits and relegations and stayaway support would leave the Club. Only for him to dismiss those warnings amidst a million insults and accusations.

Yet now we're supposed to accept a Staveley style set-up?

If Town are to have a future it'll be by maximising foot-fall - as eloquently discussed by our friend 'Zorro' on the 'takeover' thread - and accepting paying punters' patronage throughout the working week...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 23 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#44 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:57 PM

calvin plummers socks said:

1579797132[/url]' post='1505008']
The alternative - probably stop hiring s*** managers and players and take it from there

And s*** CEOs s*** company secretaries, sycophantic assistant directors
A new hope.

#45 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:00 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield said:

1579798038[/url]' post='1505010']
Don't rise to the troll's haughty scorn.

Folk've spent years warning where incompetence and scandals and player exits and relegations and stayaway support would leave the Club. Only for him to dismiss those warnings amidst a million insults and accusations.

Yet now we're supposed to accept a Staveley style set-up?

If Town are to have a future it'll be by maximising foot-fall - as eloquently discussed by our friend 'Zorro' on the 'takeover' thread - and accepting paying punters' patronage throughout the working week...

Don’t worry, he’s on the trail of the money, the only one who’s looking by the way, and when he finds it he can hand it to the trust.
A new hope.

#46 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:22 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

Are you Mrs Croot?

Is the system web based?
If I can order and pay for tickets from home, why can't an administrator in the Hub do it for a visiting punter?

Maybe the guy who turned up when he knew the shop was closed.. could order and pay for his tickets from home. Or on his phone.

Just throwing it out there.

#47 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

View PostKevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 23 January 2020 - 05:22 PM, said:

Maybe the guy who turned up when he knew the shop was closed.. could order and pay for his tickets from home. Or on his phone.

Just throwing it out there.

I know we are in a technology driven world but not everyone as that available at home and not everyone wants to give card details etc over a phone.

#48 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:36 PM

View PostBlue roan lily, on 23 January 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

I know we are in a technology driven world but not everyone as that available at home and not everyone wants to give card details etc over a phone.

Indeed. There are a miniscule -and dwindling- amount of people unwilling or unable to do so. So miniscule that it would make zero sense to pay someone to sit waiting for them to come in and buy tickets 6 days a week.Though my parents are both in their late seventies, and manage fine.

But if he needs to buy tickets in person, and he knows what times tickets are on sale, is it too much to ask for him to actually turn up when they're on sale?

#49 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

Eeh last night at 2am I went to the local Spar to buy some bread because I fancied some toast. Doors were locked but there were some lights on and I could clearly see the cleaner in there. I kept banging on the door until they came over and then he refused to sell me the bread. He said the opening hours were clearly advertised but that’s not the point, I want to be served when it’s convenient for me not during the advertised opening hours.

Slightly exaggerated but you get the point.

#50 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:56 PM

There was an employee there. It was business hours. It wouldn’t have taken long to log in, and print tickets as you would at home. No special printer needed. A bunch of tickets sold, and people leave with a good experience and praising the club.

It’s NOT about opening hours. It’s attitude, “can do” rather then can’t be bothered. Customer experience, positive customer relations. Changing the culture at CFC.
A new hope.

#51 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 23 January 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

Eeh last night at 2am I went to the local Spar to buy some bread because I fancied some toast. Doors were locked but there were some lights on and I could clearly see the cleaner in there. I kept banging on the door until they came over and then he refused to sell me the bread. He said the opening hours were clearly advertised but that’s not the point, I want to be served when it’s convenient for me not during the advertised opening hours.

Slightly exaggerated but you get the point.

No one wanted tickets at 2am. They called, albeit mistakenly, during normal business hours. Infact a staff member was available to tell them they couldn't sell tickets, but not to spend a few minutes making an exception.

The fault's with a regime running CFC down, not customers calling without knowing self defeating opening times.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#52 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:29 PM

View PostDEATH, on 23 January 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

There was an employee there. It was business hours. It wouldn’t have taken long to log in, and print tickets as you would at home. No special printer needed. A bunch of tickets sold, and people leave with a good experience and praising the club.

It’s NOT about opening hours. It’s attitude, “can do” rather then can’t be bothered. Customer experience, positive customer relations. Changing the culture at CFC.

Nice one.

Try turning up at any shop when they're closed and buying summat. All the problems at the club, and people get their panties in a bunch about this nonsense.

#53 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

View PostDEATH, on 23 January 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

Which employee? Was it the lady who is a steward and does security at the club? Yes she works for the club but I very much doubt that she has access to the clubs ticket program.
It's alright saying if someone is there they can do it, but that's like going to a hospital and saying well there's someone there then they can operate but it's a cleaner!!
The ticket system at the club works with the ticket printer, to use the online system would require setting up an account for someone and then putting in their card details manually.
It really isn't as simple as just log in and print on a normal printer.

#54 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

View PostDEATH, on 23 January 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Don’t worry, he’s on the trail of the money, the only one who’s looking by the way, and when he finds it he can hand it to the trust.

Considering that there's now a thread on the financial statement almost completely full of people wondering where all the money's gone, I'd say that isn't one of your brighter posts.

#55 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:40 PM

h again said:

1579807208[/url]' post='1505064']
Considering that there's now a thread on the financial statement almost completely full of people wondering where all the money's gone, I'd say that isn't one of your brighter posts.

Lol. Nice try. Better attempts at baiting than your recent efforts.

If I may ask, can you tell us what freelander told you? I’m sure you’ve had lengthy discussions with him and would be nice if you’d share, there may be something new that hasn’t been discussed before?
A new hope.

#56 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:43 PM

valemadness said:

1579804752[/url]' post='[url="tel:<a href="tel:1505055">1505055</a>"]1505055[/url]']
Which employee? Was it the lady who is a steward and does security at the club? Yes she works for the club but I very much doubt that she has access to the clubs ticket program.
It's alright saying if someone is there they can do it, but that's like going to a hospital and saying well there's someone there then they can operate but it's a cleaner!!
The ticket system at the club works with the ticket printer, to use the online system would require setting up an account for someone and then putting in their card details manually.
It really isn't as simple as just log in and print on a normal printer.
<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>If I can buy a ticket online at home, and print it at home, why can’t staff take a few minutes to do this for a customer?</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Are you saying the staff don’t have access to a bog standard PC, couldn’t get the customer to enter card details, and don’t have access to an ordinary printer?</div>

This post has been edited by DEATH: 23 January 2020 - 07:46 PM

A new hope.

#57 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:50 PM

KevinHasLeftTheBuilding said:

1579804169[/url]' post='1505050']
Nice one.

Try turning up at any shop when they're closed and buying summat. All the problems at the club, and people get their panties in a bunch about this nonsense.

Funny you should say that, I’ve bought a gift voucher before for a restaurant as a birthday gift, went in as I saw the lights on when they were closed. And guess what, they were helpful, gave me the gift voucher and took my cash. For an all you can eat buffet it’s decent, I’d recommend it.

Excellent customer service, because the owner insists on it. That’s the difference.
A new hope.

#58 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:56 PM

It’s not unnatural to expect there to be someone available to sell tickets for a football match at a professional football club during normal working hours.

#59 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

View PostDEATH, on 23 January 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Your missing the point.

I don’t have a ticket printing machine at home either, but I can buy via the website and still print at home. So to help a customer couldn’t they do exactly that for them? I assume they have a pc and printer in the hub?

It’s the total lack of thought, the sorry we can’t when with a little effort they could that’s being raised here

looks like we agree on this - blimey!

#60 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 08:01 PM

View PostKevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 23 January 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

Nice one.

If it was my shop and my profits and I was there, I'd be opening up and you'd be buying whatever you wanted my friend.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users