Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Heard Anything More Ridiculous? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heard Anything More Ridiculous? Closed for business

#21 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:42 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

Why the bluddddy hell can't Crooty get his reception staff to sell them when CFC is closed? If I were in both camps at Director level it's the first thing I would suggest whilst CFC is in such a perilous state.

That would require another ticket printer to be purchased and software to be installed. Doesn't sound a lot, but when you look at what we're paying for IT....

#22 User is offline   erniemossity 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Beer, town, decent boozers

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 January 2020 - 09:42 AM, said:

That would require another ticket printer to be purchased and software to be installed. Doesn't sound a lot, but when you look at what we're paying for IT....

So you’re saying that when the ticket office is closed on a Wednesday it’s locked up and no one has a key. Righto.

#23 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:11 AM

View Posterniemossity, on 23 January 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

So you’re saying that when the ticket office is closed on a Wednesday it’s locked up and no one has a key. Righto.

No the implication is that if Crooty's staff were doing the 'deal' the printer would have to be at t'other side of the ground in the hub. Maybe we could call on Darren Brown to do an H&S risk assessment on transporting computer equipment over football pitches!!
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#24 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:28 AM

You said the receptionist in the hub, which is the other side of the ground sell them. Are you suggesting that the receptionist from the hub walks round the ground to the ticket office to print out a ticket? The people that sit on reception in the hub either are volunteers or are someone that is doing double duty in the cafe, so they can't leave the hub.

#25 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

Let it go.

You went somewhere on a day where they clearly say they don't sell tickets, and are irked because they won't sell you some tickets. Might i suggest your outrage is just a tad OTT.

#26 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:51 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 January 2020 - 09:42 AM, said:

That would require another ticket printer to be purchased and software to be installed.

How do you know that?

Anyway, an old fashioned receipt for the cash and the promise of telephone/email contact from the CFC ticket bod to finalise thngs when he/she is in might work.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#27 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2020 - 10:51 AM, said:

How do you know that?

Anyway, an old fashioned receipt for the cash and the promise of telephone/email contact from the CFC ticket bod to finalise thngs when he/she is in might work.

How do I know that? Because the ticket system is all online, and it took the club shop 2 years to get a ticket printer and computer so they could have tickets in there again.
They can't just take money and give a receipt and say go and get a ticket when they open, where for? What price? Without a ticket system, how is someone who is just a volunteer supposed to know how much each ticket is in each area and for each category and if O98 is free for Pete to sit next to his mate John??

#28 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 January 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

How do I know that? Because the ticket system is all online, and it took the club shop 2 years to get a ticket printer and computer so they could have tickets in there again.
They can't just take money and give a receipt and say go and get a ticket when they open, where for? What price? Without a ticket system, how is someone who is just a volunteer supposed to know how much each ticket is in each area and for each category and if O98 is free for Pete to sit next to his mate John??

The real story here, is someone turned up to a shop. Knowing it was closed, and demanded to be sold something he knew wasn't on sale. Stop being so sensible and jump on the outrage bus.

Eeee.. I remember when we used to buy t'tickets and wooly hats from t'portakabin... it were -12 in theer, and Jim Brown had an icicle the size o'a goalpost hanging from his hooter, I sed i had no money, so Jim let me pay him in washers... etc.etc. Repeat Ad Infinitum

This post has been edited by KevinHasLeftTheBuilding: 23 January 2020 - 11:25 AM

#29 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:47 AM

Very embarrassing - a business crying out to fail

#30 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:50 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 January 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

Are you Mrs Croot?

Is the system web based?
If I can order and pay for tickets from home, why can't an administrator in the Hub do it for a visiting punter?

#31 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:40 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

Are you Mrs Croot?

Is the system web based?
If I can order and pay for tickets from home, why can't an administrator in the Hub do it for a visiting punter?

Why are you being rude? Because someone walks around with their eyes open and listens to what people are saying?
If you go to the club you don't want to have to go back to get your ticket do you? The ticket printing machine is the issue and the fact that the person working in the hub may be working in the cafe as well, so who do you make wait? The person in the cafe/play centre with a screaming child that is hungry or the person stood at the desk. Then if the person isn't a volunteer, who is paying them? The club or the trust? 2 different pots of money.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's right that the club isn't open on a Wednesday, but it isn't even new this season and the opening times have been widely published as has the fact that you can buy a ticket for home and some away matches online 24 hours a day.
Bigger things to complain and worry about at the moment than this, which will never be dealt with whilst the current owner is in charge.

#32 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:49 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 January 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Why are you being rude? Because someone walks around with their eyes open and listens to what people are saying?
If you go to the club you don't want to have to go back to get your ticket do you? The ticket printing machine is the issue and the fact that the person working in the hub may be working in the cafe as well, so who do you make wait? The person in the cafe/play centre with a screaming child that is hungry or the person stood at the desk. Then if the person isn't a volunteer, who is paying them? The club or the trust? 2 different pots of money.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's right that the club isn't open on a Wednesday, but it isn't even new this season and the opening times have been widely published as has the fact that you can buy a ticket for home and some away matches online 24 hours a day.
Bigger things to complain and worry about at the moment than this, which will never be dealt with whilst the current owner is in charge.

Your missing the point.

I don’t have a ticket printing machine at home either, but I can buy via the website and still print at home. So to help a customer couldn’t they do exactly that for them? I assume they have a pc and printer in the hub?

It’s the total lack of thought, the sorry we can’t when with a little effort they could that’s being raised here
A new hope.

#33 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:59 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 23 January 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Why are you being rude?

I must apologise. Lack of initiative by management at CFC over the last 10 years has affected me.

#34 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

Don't agree that volunteers at a separate enterprise should sort self inflicted chaos at the Club.

Where there're still enough employees to tell folk 'We're closed' but not sell them tickets.

This mess should've been addressed months ago - it's utterly absurd that a business crying out for income pulls the shutters down every Wednesday.

But as our friend Marcia suggests, it's symptomatic of an outfit where folk seem more bothered about covering their incompetent asses than what's best for CFC...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#35 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 23 January 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

Don't agree that volunteers at a separate enterprise should sort self inflicted chaos at the Club.

Where there're still enough employees to tell folk 'We're closed' but not sell them tickets.

This mess should've been addressed months ago - it's utterly absurd that a business crying out for income pulls the shutters down every Wednesday.

But as our friend Marcia suggests, it's symptomatic of an outfit where folk seem more bothered about covering their incompetent asses than what's best for CFC...

Again, I didn't realise that staff at the Trust are volunteers. Is it a £1m turnover business?

#36 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

Here is my two peneth for what it's worth.and this is no disrespect to the complainant,but had tickets been purchased on a non-selling ticket day,wouldn't that arm someone with the same type of complaint on here for not supposed to be doing so?

#37 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:42 PM

View PostKevinHasLeftTheBuilding, on 23 January 2020 - 11:24 AM, said:

The real story here, is someone turned up to a shop. Knowing it was closed, and demanded to be sold something he knew wasn't on sale. Stop being so sensible and jump on the outrage bus.

Eeee.. I remember when we used to buy t'tickets and wooly hats from t'portakabin... it were -12 in theer, and Jim Brown had an icicle the size o'a goalpost hanging from his hooter, I sed i had no money, so Jim let me pay him in washers... etc.etc. Repeat Ad Infinitum

Portakabin? You were lucky. We had to buy ours from Barrie Hubbard in a puddle on St. Margarets drive.

#38 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

View Postdim view, on 23 January 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Again, I didn't realise that staff at the Trust are volunteers. Is it a £1m turnover business?

Dunno and dunno, Dave.

But we saw what kinda chaos occurred when two supposedly separate businesses became (to use one person's words) 'inextricably linked' a few years ago.

I say CFC have created this problem so CFC should solve this problem...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#39 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

These kind of threads always floor me. Everybody is willing the ends whilst not being prepared to accept the means.

For the club to come down to some attempt at breaking even from the currently disastrous losses there's going to have to be a complete re-think of the entire staffing levels, and the whole business run on an absolute shoestring. No selling tickets on a Wednesday will have to become no interface with customers all week, and the Proact closed apart from back office staff, if any.
There'll be some grumbles then all right, but what's the alternative? Somehow the books have to get a lot nearer to balance.

#40 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

View Posth again, on 23 January 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

Portakabin? You were lucky. We had to buy ours from Barrie Hubbard in a puddle on St. Margarets drive.

Only the wets! did.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic