Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Heard Anything More Ridiculous? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heard Anything More Ridiculous? Closed for business

#1 User is offline   erniemossity 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Beer, town, decent boozers

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:26 PM

This club cannot surely get any worse. We must have hit rock bottom off the pitch. Mate just been down to buy tickets to be told, and I quote..”we don’t sell tickets on a Wednesday”.....really???!! I know the club shop is closed, but are you telling me that the actual club itself cannot do any business on Wednesdays?
The lady on reception could not give a valid reason other than “it’s a Wednesday”.... so that’s 2 tickets for Fylde, 2 fo Notts co, and the bloke next in the queue wanting 9, yes NINE tickets....best part of £200 turned away. WTF??
Tin pot doesn’t even come close. So, racking my brains as to why this could be the case...is it..
A - there’s only one person in the entire club on wednesdays, and they haven’t been on the “how to sell tickets” course?
B - the IT system is shut down on wednesdays for maintenance....(and by maintenance it’s probably just switched off at the plug to save electric)
C - nobody cares any more, let’s pee off the fans as much as possible so any new owners will struggle to get them back

It’s absolutely effin’ ridiculous

Oh..and screenshotter....take this direct to DA cos I don’t believe for 1 minute that he knows Carson is running a shambles like this

This post has been edited by erniemossity: 22 January 2020 - 01:29 PM

#2 User is offline   Dancingwilldoit 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:43 PM

Should have looked on the main website.

Ticket Office Opening Hours
Season tickets/match tickets can be purchased from the Ticket Office window from 9am to 4.30pm on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday and in the Club Superstore from 9am to 5pm on Friday.

The Ticket Office is closed on Wednesday & Saturday (except when there is a home match that day). The Club Superstore is also open on matchdays.

For phone enquiries, please dial 01246 269300 (option 1).

#3 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:44 PM

The opening hours are on the website. The staff are part time now.
https://www.chesterf...-opening-hours/
The ticket office hasn't opened on a Wednesday for at least a year, probably closer to 2.
All tickets are available to buy online 24 hours a day

#4 User is offline   erniemossity 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:50 PM

That’s not the point though is it? I can understand them not manning the windows etc, surely people calling in on the off chance at reception can be dealt with? It’s not chuffin rocket science and the bare minimum expected from customer service.

#5 User is offline   financejon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Mainly CFC but a bit of golf from time to time

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:59 PM

<br>

View Postvalemadness, on 22 January 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

The opening hours are on the website. The staff are part time now.
https://www.chesterf...-opening-hours/
The ticket office hasn't opened on a Wednesday for at least a year, probably closer to 2.
All tickets are available to buy online 24 hours a day

Only 1 ticket left now for County game according to our website - hope some more are on the way!

This post has been edited by financejon: 22 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

#6 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

View Posterniemossity, on 22 January 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

That’s not the point though is it? I can understand them not manning the windows etc, surely people calling in on the off chance at reception can be dealt with? It’s not chuffin rocket science and the bare minimum expected from customer service.

This. It's basic customer service. Going above and beyond and all that.

#7 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:40 PM

I recall turning up at a Saltergate portakabin trying to buy a woolly hat years ago. The place was closed but Jim Brown rummaged around for one and the business was happily concluded. We've gone backwards since then.
These go to eleven.

#8 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM

valemadness said:

1579700656[/url]' post='1504783']
The staff are part time now.

The corner shop/supermarket theory eh. Well done David.
A new hope.

#9 User is offline   Blue roan lily 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:18 PM

View PostCFC91, on 22 January 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

This. It's basic customer service. Going above and beyond and all that.

That went out the window a long time ago. It seems some folks at the club see us fans as a burden and little else..

#10 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

It is possible to employ sufficient part-time staff to maintain a full-time service.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#11 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:38 PM

View PostLooker-on, on 22 January 2020 - 05:35 PM, said:

It is possible to employ sufficient part-time staff to maintain a full-time service.

The ticket office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 9-5. Also open on matchday Saturdays and for midweek evening matches
It's not as if this has just happened, it's not even only happened this season. The opening times are posted on the website and at the club.

#12 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:28 PM

But then there would be no point having specific advertised opening hours if you could just turn up whenever you wanted. As for the bloke buying 9 I doubt he would refuse to buy on another day and tell the other 8 he was doing it to make a point.

#13 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

Without seeking to endorse the opening hours there is an argument for checking what they are before going down there. It's dangerous to make assumptions based on how the club operates

#14 User is offline   smiffy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Saturday afternoons and Tuesday nights, also, racing caravans backwards !!!given that up now ,got bored.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

I chuffing agree. Why can’t they stagger the days off the staff work so that there is always someone there who can sell a ticket ,take a meal booking or sell a shirt in the shop. Pathetic.

#15 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:04 PM

Gotta be honest and admit I wouldn't look at opening times. Okay, it's rarely happened over the last three years, but I'd assume a football club haemorrhaging support would bend over backwards to take money off me. Whatever day of the week. Infact there outta be some sort of red carpet rolled out if I wanted nine in one go!

Yet whilst there was someone available to tell a paying customer 'We're closed today' there was no one available to do such basic business. And after all the countless complaints from folk finding themselves similarly snubbed, experiencing IT ignorance or having their call cut-off.

Page one, paragraph one, line one of the post takeover things to do list - put the punter first...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 22 January 2020 - 08:05 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#16 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

To answer the question. 'Not really, no'.

The only questions to the 2 willing customers should have been 'Only the 9 sir (madam?)? Why not get an extra one to qualify for our BOGOF deal for the home game v ....'

'2 and 2 tickets. Ok. Now let me check seating availablity for those two games. Hey, I can get you seats with a space next door. Maybe you might have a mate who 'd like to join you? Tell you what, I'll hold that seat for 48 hours in your name. '

We need to be selling at every opportunity and up-selling beyond that.

At any time when the stadium is open a customer should be able to buy a ticket.

Re-organisation of rotas, use of volunteers, profit share arrangements, employee of the month, gold stars, bonus schemes, instructions to staff etc - anything - but turning folks away is beyond ridiculous.

#17 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:58 PM

I'd definitely take nothing for granted based on previous experiences of phoning the club a few years ago and nobody answering the phone then. Guess it's the same or worse now.

#18 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

Does it take much more effort to sell the tickets than say 'no it's a Wednesday'?

#19 User is offline   erniemossity 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:21 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 22 January 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

Does it take much more effort to sell the tickets than say 'no it's a Wednesday'?

As the OP I do have sympathy with staff who have probably had a dreadful time of it over the last few years. No doubt a thankless task when staff numbers have been cut to the bone, and I bet they get little or no encouragement from their bosses. However, ticket office “closed” or not, I can’t accept that spending 60 seconds to nip and sort some tickets out should be deemed as too much trouble. Sad days indeed. Number one on the list for any new owners is to re-engage staff and fans, all other stuff will naturally follow on.

#20 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:31 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 22 January 2020 - 09:01 PM, said:

Why the bluddddy hell can't Crooty get his reception staff to sell them when CFC is closed? If I were in both camps at Director level it's the first thing I would suggest whilst CFC is in such a perilous state.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users